Anyone return their GM rev hard folding tonneau cover?

My GM REV gets water inside the panel which then leaks out through the straps and drips right out of the latches. It was already replaced one under warranty and the replacement cover does the same think. I guess GM matched the leaking tonneau perfectly to the Leaking rear window on my 19 and 20 trailbosses232de81c74352968bc519d5d2ba06a70.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

My truck is at the dealer now. There keeping the truck to get my rear door aligned properly as well as look at me Rev hard-folding cover. They tried to screw me around saying that leaking is normal. I understand that it’s not going to be watertight but the amount of water that gets in is ridiculous. Not sure what there going to come up with. My original sales guy said maybe swap it for the Rev hard rolling cover. Anyone have the hard rolling cover or any input on it?

Edited by Dbrace

On 3/4/2020 at 3:29 PM, Dbrace said:

EAC6D7A0-3EA6-4455-AC2C-26A2BD0E1A84.png

When I purchased my truck back in July, I ordered the GM tri-fold hard cover, by REV. Although I did NOT have any issues with the multipro tailgate closing (main door or inner door) it leaked horribly. They replaced it once, they had it for another time for 3 days with the GM accessories local rep and the one from California in to address the leaks. Still leaked REALLY bad between panels. They finally swapped for the rolling cover REV Rolling Hard Cover and it is night and day different for leaks. But, properly lined up and installed, you CANNOT close the inner tailgate without popping open the cover a latch. You can close the main tailgate with the inner tailgate together, but just the inner, the geometry is off. I will take a picture and post it tonight. Between the leaking line a pig, or this closing issue? I would much rather pop open the cover when closing the inner tailgate for sure. 

3 hours ago, Walla Walla Joe said:

This is about as much as mine leaks, this was after a very, very hard rain. It did leak in the corners, but not like the tri-fold leaked, especially between the panels.

IMG-1049.jpg

IMG-1051.jpg

IMG-1052.jpg

IMG-1050.jpg

Thank you for the input and I would agree keeping most water out is better than the inner tailgate not closing without popping the top

I am driving a 2010 LTZ Avalanche that I bought new.  I love the vehicle and have resisted getting something newer because a standard truck doesn't have some of it's unique features.  I am about to throw in the towel on GM bringing it back and pull the trigger on a Silverado or Sierra.  

One of the things that bothers me is the tonneau cover.  Even after 10 years the only time I get water in the bed is when I run it through a car wash.  I pull a boat and it is very convenient to keep some of the boating stuff in the back.  With the Avalanche there is no worry of it getting wet.

After reading threads on here about leaks I don't know if this is a deal killer.  I do use the truck to haul yard waste to the dump and need to take the cover off occasionally so a cap isn't feasible.  Is there a consensus about which cover has the best seal?  If a cap is the only way to go are there any that are easy to remove?

21 minutes ago, zelmo said:

I am driving a 2010 LTZ Avalanche that I bought new.  I love the vehicle and have resisted getting something newer because a standard truck doesn't have some of it's unique features.  I am about to throw in the towel on GM bringing it back and pull the trigger on a Silverado or Sierra.  

One of the things that bothers me is the tonneau cover.  Even after 10 years the only time I get water in the bed is when I run it through a car wash.  I pull a boat and it is very convenient to keep some of the boating stuff in the back.  With the Avalanche there is no worry of it getting wet.

After reading threads on here about leaks I don't know if this is a deal killer.  I do use the truck to haul yard waste to the dump and need to take the cover off occasionally so a cap isn't feasible.  Is there a consensus about which cover has the best seal?  If a cap is the only way to go are there any that are easy to remove?

I went from a 2005 Chevy Avalanche to my 2019 GMC Sierra, I too was disappointed with the leaking. But, the biggest deal I see is how the bed is constructed on  the new 19's/20's, they seem to have overlaps in how they are put together, allowing water to seep in the corners, especially the front of the bed. Nowhere near as sealed as my Avalanche was, but then again, that was designed from the factory to seal, where the pickups are not designed that way. My thought is as long as it is not waterfalls, and only in the corners, me personally, am OK with that. The issues I had with the tri-fold from REV (GM acc), was the leaks through the panels, so switching to the rolling hardback helped, a LOT.

26 minutes ago, Walla Walla Joe said:

But, the biggest deal I see is how the bed is constructed on  the new 19's/20's, they seem to have overlaps in how they are put together, allowing water to seep in the corners, especially the front of the bed. 

That is not encouraging.  I will have to take a closer look at that area.  Is this something you can easily see?

I suppose the issue could be minimized by putting the stuff I keep there in plastic bins.  That way unless water leaked directly into it things would stay dry enough.

2 minutes ago, zelmo said:

That is not encouraging.  I will have to take a closer look at that area.  Is this something you can easily see?

I suppose the issue could be minimized by putting the stuff I keep there in plastic bins.  That way unless water leaked directly into it things would stay dry enough.

Since I have the cover on, you cannot see it really. But if you went to the dealer, you can see how the bed rail cap, and how it sits on top of the metal, and the seem between the front of the bed and side rails have places to leak. When I had my tri-fold cover, the local GM acc rep and the main GM acc guy flew in from California to look at things since there was my truck and another identical truck, both had the same tri-fold REV covers, both leaked. They had my truck for 3 days, they added black silicon all over those gaps, but still couldn't seal the bed rail on top of the metal, unless you take off the bedrail plastic (which you would need to replace as it would break taking off according to GM) to seal under it. I may do that, but with just the foam strips that come with the bed cover, it will leak some in the corners. For complete, no leaks, I have heard that the fiberglass one piece are the way to go.

1 hour ago, zelmo said:

Look up diamondback covers. Definitely water tight and the best part very secure! You may or may not like the styling, it is for me but not everyone. Very rugged looking. Not as easy to have an open bed like the trifold I had on my old truck but you could open it with a coat hanger and it leaked after a year.. the diamondback can be taken off in a few minutes with one wrench. Watch their videos.

6F9F29B6-346B-4677-81E7-71C5A61D739C.jpeg

The Diamondback looks like a quality product but I think it might have a more rugged look than I want. 

Does anyone have experience with any of the one piece Under-Cover products?

Edited by zelmo