RKE/TPMS Module location - Dashcam Interference

So I installed a Viofo A129 Duo dash cam with a hardwire kit, tapping off ACC power from the heated steering wheel fuse and constant battery power for parking mode from the universal garage door opener fuse.  

Anyway since installing this setup my proximity sensors on the doors have been inconsistent, also my front left TPMS sensor has been disconnecting.  I get an error that says something like service TPMS System.  From what I've read online it is the power cable (USB) that is ran to the rear dashcam.  

Supposedly the cable is shielded but the RKE module is really sensitive to any power running near it.  The usb cable does have some type of shielding on it but it is a proprietary 10 pin mini usb cable, so no replacing it.

I ran the cable from the dash cam mounted just to the left of my rear view mirror, along the headliner, down the passenger A pillar, and then all the way under the passenger door sills, and it comes out near the passenger rear back seat.

Thinking of trying to route the cable down the drivers side instead but was hoping someone knew if this would work before I do it.  

I don't know if it will work. 

For my dash cam rear camera, I ran the power wire from the dash cam on the left side of the mirror, under the headliner all the way to the rear window where the camera is mounted.  I have not had any issues.

21 hours ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

So I installed a Viofo A129 Duo dash cam with a hardwire kit, tapping off ACC power from the heated steering wheel fuse and constant battery power for parking mode from the universal garage door opener fuse.  

Anyway since installing this setup my proximity sensors on the doors have been inconsistent, also my front left TPMS sensor has been disconnecting.  I get an error that says something like service TPMS System.  From what I've read online it is the power cable (USB) that is ran to the rear dashcam.  

Supposedly the cable is shielded but the RKE module is really sensitive to any power running near it.  The usb cable does have some type of shielding on it but it is a proprietary 10 pin mini usb cable, so no replacing it.

I ran the cable from the dash cam mounted just to the left of my rear view mirror, along the headliner, down the passenger A pillar, and then all the way under the passenger door sills, and it comes out near the passenger rear back seat.

Thinking of trying to route the cable down the drivers side instead but was hoping someone knew if this would work before I do it.  

I have a BlackVue setup front and rear. The rear wiring runs from the camera along the head liner up the A pillar and along the roof line behind the plastic and door seals. I have had 0 issues with any interference. Everything works like its suppose to.  

IMG_0663.jpg

• 4 months later...

I'm having same issue with my Viofo A129 Duo. 

My camera appears to work ok. I installed it with the wiring kit. When its powered up I have to get right next to my car to use the remote start or lock/unlock functions. While unplugged these functions work from many yards away.

While driving with the camera on my TPMS sensors stop reading in the vehicle and I get an alarm. When I unplug power from the camera the readings come back and stay on. Is it possible that my camera is defective creating an unusual amount of interference preventing these features of my vehicle from working? 

I'm driving a 2020 Silverado Trail Boss LT. The front camera is mounted on the passenger side of the mirror mount behind the mirror. The rear camera is mounted to the rear glass on the passenger side of center. The Cam cable is routed from front, across liner top down the A-piller (behind the air bag) and into the fuse panel (The is where the 3 wire kit is terminated) The cam cable continues down to the rocker panel wiring channel along the passenger side and back to the rear window.

I'll try unplugging just the rear cam on the way home from work today. I really want to get this thing working.

Edited by ScottTheEngineer

3 hours ago, ScottTheEngineer said:

I'm having same issue with my Viofo A129 Duo. 

My camera appears to work ok. I installed it with the wiring kit. When its powered up I have to get right next to my car to use the remote start or lock/unlock functions. While unplugged these functions work from many yards away.

While driving with the camera on my TPMS sensors stop reading in the vehicle and I get an alarm. When I unplug power from the camera the readings come back and stay on. Is it possible that my camera is defective creating an unusual amount of interference preventing these features of my vehicle from working? 

I'm driving a 2020 Silverado Trail Boss LT. The front camera is mounted on the passenger side of the mirror mount behind the mirror. The rear camera is mounted to the rear glass on the passenger side of center. The Cam cable is routed from front, across liner top down the A-piller (behind the air bag) and into the fuse panel (The is where the 3 wire kit is terminated) The cam cable continues down to the rocker panel wiring channel along the passenger side and back to the rear window.

I'll try unplugging just the rear cam on the way home from work today. I really want to get this thing working.

Found a snapshot of the TPMS/ Door Lock system. looks like running the rear cam down driver side might cut down interference.

b9c45f48a014cac13ed02cbfe947982c.png

• 1 month later...

I guess this might be my issue!! I have been getting my left rear TPMS going in and out!!! Who has a better wire running path for the dashcam, yes, I am using the Viofi duo too :(

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2019 Sierra Denali, I have had the same problem with my TPMS (both front tires stopped reporting)(same Viofo Pro Duo camera and wire routing), initially it told me my park brake needed serviced but that went away did rerouting the rear camera wire down the driver's side help? I also found that for some reason my wireless charger and rear sliding glass stopped working also. Any help would be appreciated. 

• 5 months later...

Hate to bump and old thread like this but did re-routing fix this for anyone?  I'm about to install this camera in a few hours so would love to do it once and not trial and error :)

• 3 weeks later...

2020 Sierra Crew Cab here.  I have the A129 duo as well, read this thread and tried going down the drivers side.  I used the hardwire kit and it is powered from the passenger side fuse block, ran up the passenger A pillar behind airbag.  The camera is placed on the passenger side behind the rear view mirror.  The rear camera wire is tucked under the headliner and ran across to the drivers side A pillar.  Then down to the drivers kick panel and along the floor, finally coming up behind the drivers rear C pillar.  The rear camera is mounted on the rear window on drivers side.  Cable was BARELY long enough.  Unfortunately, I too am experiencing trouble with TPMS issues on the front tires.  Key FOB remote start sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.  And it's hit and miss with passive entry from any of the four doors or tailgate.  When I unplug the rear camera, all issues DISAPPEAR. I tried purchasing clamp on ferrites and installed them at both the beginning and end of rear camera cable.  Still no luck.  My next option is to go along the roof under the headliner, coil up the excess and hope for the best.  Will report when I do the next run, unfortunately we just got a foot of snow and I don't want to mess with it until it warms up a bit.  For now, I will just unplug the rear camera.

Weird, I also have a Viofo A129 Duo, hardwired into the pass side fuse box, I have no issues at all with any of the TPMS going off or anything similar to you guys, but my camera would not turn on every time, 1 out of 5 times it would not turn on and I have to unplug and plug back the main cable going into the camera to 'reset it'. My parking mode does not work either and can't figure out why. This is the 3rd vehicle I've installed this camera into and Ive never had an issue before, Im thinking of taking it to a shop that installs camera so they can trouble shoot and see if I did something wrong. 

I installed the A129 Duo last year on a 2020 crew cab and it runs flawlessly. Parking mode works fine with the camera. No issues with any other vehicle components either. Most of the cabling was run up high in the vehicle.  The windshield camera was hardwired to the passenger side fuses. Continuous power, switched and a ground. 

Power to the rear camera runs from the windshield camera to the driver’s side A-Pillar and then to the rear along the headliner behind the curtain airbags. The excess cable was zip tied tucked in the C-Pillar where it wouldn't rattle. Rear camera is on the driver’s side which captures a better view of vehicles in the opposite lane once they pass by me.

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

Edited by Rook126
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I purchased the A139 and the hardwire kit. Regarding the fuse taps my local AutoZone only had the ATM model. In other threads I’ve seen people use the ATC. Is there a difference between the two? Can I use the ATM?