Dead 10 speed.....

Ditto.  8-sp, 5.3 late model 2019.  No issues with trans other than a few hard 1-2 shift on cold Canadian mornings.  But a remote start warm up eliminates it.  Only 4 months old, so anything can go wrong, at any time, I guess.

Edited by SilveradoRST
  • Like 1

I like my 10 speed. I do wish the performance mode would firm up the shifts some. I am used to tuned transmissions that have a firmer shift. Just a personal preference. I wonder if a zl1 shifts the same way or if its firmer?

Sport
Mode in mine firms the shifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are two different TSBs for the shift programming on the Ford version. While they are the same transmission mechanically, the electronic controls for either version are exclusive to each manufacturer, and each version is built in their own plants. For that reason you really can’t lump Ford’s problems into the GM version.

Mine has been totally flawless. Reports of ANY issues or complaints with the GM 10 speed have been so scarce to the point of being meaningless, isolated incidents. Unfortunate, but it can happen to anything.

A colleague of mine is going to the plant in Toledo next week [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Ive notice if i put my 19 LT TB 5.3 8spd in Auto instead of 2wd the 1-2 shifts are better and the DFM activates less. Down side gas mileage seems to go down a little.  But back on topic I wish my tranny would just stop working, maybe then i can get something fixed. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 8:10 PM, SilveradoRST said:

Ditto.  8-sp, 5.3 late model 2019.  No issues with trans other than a few hard 1-2 shift on cold Canadian mornings.  But a remote start warm up eliminates it.  Only 4 months old, so anything can go wrong, at any time, I guess.

Same, my 8 spd, first 1-2 hard or hanging shift, won't happen if I warm a few minutes.....once the tranny fluid is above 90-100F shifts smooth as silk. Post 3/19  doorplate sticker production trannys have factory fill Mobil1 fluid and tech bulletin advises 122F for proper test operation of tranny with this fluid.

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=11127

• 1 month later...