radio won't turn off

• 3 months later...

Mine has done it two times now. And it does the enter password thing at the bottom that I hit never ask again but it still asks every time I start the truck 

• 3 months later...

Had this issue occur on my 2020 last night. Occurred in the middle of a long drive and we noticed the whole infotainment was unresponsive. XM Radio played even after doors shut, locked, reopened. Shut locked, etc. Onstar was also non responsive. Finally called Onstar and she had to reset it remotely then we did a workaround of turning off the truck, opening the driver door. Closing and waiting inside the truck until the Onstar light went off then back on. That fixed it. Software is up to date. It’s going to the dealership today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/3/2021 at 9:52 AM, SILVER SLED said:

It's common on GM vehicles that the radio will not shut off if there is over the air update needing to be done.  

On my 2020 RST The radio is also staying on after truck is turned off and drivers door open. The door opening use to trigger all systems to shut down. Earlier this week one morning the remote start feature would not work on key fab. Probably due to the truck is still powered up in someway? I Wonder what else is still staying powered on? This can not be good for the battery. I went in and  scrolled for a way to click on an "update software" but that option was greyed out and not possible so I guess they have to send one first?

Don't the GM engineers and marketing folks at GM read through these forums?  Please send a software update for this problem!!  

On 1/23/2022 at 4:54 AM, LSMAN said:

On my 2020 RST The radio is also staying on after truck is turned off and drivers door open. The door opening use to trigger all systems to shut down. Earlier this week one morning the remote start feature would not work on key fab. Probably due to the truck is still powered up in someway? I Wonder what else is still staying powered on? This can not be good for the battery. I went in and  scrolled for a way to click on an "update software" but that option was greyed out and not possible so I guess they have to send one first?

Don't the GM engineers and marketing folks at GM read through these forums?  Please send a software update for this problem!!  

No, they don't follow the forums.  If they do it's on their own time, unpaid. 

The truck does have a monitor for constant battery drain and will terminate things like the radio of the monitor finds the battery level getting too weak to restart the vehicle.  Think of it as a backup solution to what's going on with the radio.  With that said, has anybody tried looking for whatever switch is used to kill electronics like the radio whenever the door is opened?  Maybe that switch needs a little TLC to function properly.  It just be getting stuck.  This has been happening for decades on various makes and models. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 6:58 AM, James Moss said:

I have the same issue, radio power button doesn't work after you shut off the truck and the radio won't turn off unless the driver's door is opened. Seems like an easy fix to programming would solve it. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, James Moss.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: James Moss/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com