What have u done to your 2020 hd

Finally received my long-awaited wheels and tires!  Installed the lift/wheels/tires and, after alignment and some minor trimming, here is the finished product:

image.png.a867ba0d3a4020f03b17f3b52b6ddb80.pngimage.png.c92d248ecf12a0e420e800adaa40e9a3.pngimage.png.0f24fd9e9e3338ed787b6fb48c777854.pngimage.png.1ab3122a2eee506fe254687e409c269e.pngimage.png.7ed0efeaa6ad89796a57d8563a776890.png

Details:

Zone Offroad 5" suspension lift

Fox 2.0 Shocks

Fuel Rogue wheels - 20x10 -18 offset (matte black)

Nitto Recon Grappler tires - 37x13.5R20

Initially the front tires rubbed on the factory mud guard, so I removed it and cut accordingly.  Reinstalled a shorter version of it and now...no rub at all.  The front tires also rubbed on the front plastic splitter (air dam).  Removed it and, after measuring, cut off the portion of plastic that was rubbing.  Reinstalled...no rubbing.  Can turn the front tires to full lock, left and right, with no barriers.

God...this thing is tall!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 12:29 PM, reagle said:

do you have a part number for the steering wheel? I'm about sick of my mine in my Custom 

Hey sorry haven’t been on in awhile. If you are still looking this is the one I bought. That being said I believe you can find a non heated wheel a little cheaper, I had hopes of getting the it to work but no luck with that. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Chevy-Silverado-1500-Heated-Steering-Wheel-Assembly-Black-Leather-84755546-/224195903896?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

• Like 1

Installed a Banks Derringer, iDash gauge, and Pedal Monster this past weekend.  Simple install...took about 1 hour.  Makes the truck really jump when I step on the go-pedal.

Added a little color contrast to the door panels. The picture does not show the true color which is orange. I had some piping leftover from doing my 1500 SLT. I may order some red and replace the orange. 

PXL_20210709_002502502.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grjfer said:

Added a little color contrast to the door panels. The picture does not show the true color which is orange. I had some piping leftover from doing my 1500 SLT. I may order some red and replace the orange. 

PXL_20210709_002502502.jpg

Looks Good

5 hours ago, Brozat4 said:

That's a cool idea. May I ask what kind of piping you used and how to install it?

I just ordered upholstery piping (welting) for ebay. Install is very easy as it will press into the space between the 2 panels. Here is were I'll oder my next batch from. https://www.amazon.com/Bry-Tech-Marine1-Piping-Marine-Upholstery/dp/B07TWYH9ZG

• 2 weeks later...

Hope not to bore anyone, but this a story of problems and frustration> 

Picked up my new 2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali June 14 2020. (I leased it) My hope was to purchase it after this lease.  I live in Texas but was in California for work and lease almost up on my 2017 Denali 1500 so started the move to the 2020 2500HD Denali, Dealership said I could get rid of old lease early and wit no penalties! NOT TRUE, as I found out later, still had to make last two payments! So I turned in 1500 and next thing I know I was told could not register it in Texas had to be done in California, Even if I had no California address or drivers License or California Insurance. After seeing all these roadblocks, I said to the Dealer, “give me my old truck back and I will go home in 30days and get it there!”  Well next statement was NOPE, we can’t do that, you already turned it in! About two or three weeks Later, I found out from GMAC that was not true either. There were two more misstatements but oh well, make the best of it I figured!  Anyway

Now seeing frustration just ahead. After all this I talked to GMAC and to the California DMV, in which GMAC said I should make a complaint to BBB and also call GM to complain. The California DMV said there were no such rules as I was told, that the Dealer must have had some Internal rule.  At 200 miles went in for problem, Infotainment screen was freezing and info center in the Dash was changing randomly. DIAGNOSSES, was nothing found and that I must be at fault. Hmmm we will watch and returned at 350 miles same complaint. Service writer said changing must be me, doing something wrong as they had not seen any problems with screen freezing, well tech wrote No codes give, NO problems found,  500 to 550 miles now seeing message come up said “In regeneration keep driving above 35 until finished”  Drove truck on highway 30 miles at 60 to 80 MPH, did not go away.  Back to dealer and was told they did software update and still did no see screen freeze or display problem but regen should be fixed. Some where around 700miles got message that in “65 miles vehicle would go into low power mode speed reduced” Dealer said DEF fluid low, filled it and off we go. Now I thought it was full when I got it but Dealer said probably not... Still wonder about that, but moving on

Somewhere in this time frame I got that e-mail from General Motors asking how my experience has been.  I answered it honestly about Dealer and problems and Misdirection or lack of being informed, or just a lie about the new lease??? Leave it that! Explained visits to service and felt better!  Since I was now going to head back home called GMAC about lease and heading home. This is where and when I was told about Dealer was wrong about not giving my old lease back and could have gone home traded there! Also found out from California DMV that they should not have leased vehicle to as registered in California with Texas DL and Texas insurance.   Jumping ahead, but about same problem and untrue information, I get a letter from California wanting California drivers license number and California Insurance!   What a mess, and GMAC said they would help to get this fixed by sending papers to allow me register in Texas. This took 4 months to get done, and in the meantime, California was trying to twist my arm about getting California Drivers Licenses and about fines for not having it properly documented. GMAC sad I should write a letter to GM assistance about these misstatements and thought they may be able to help out. And guess what it did help, I got a call from GM Assistance and after explaining was told they had opened a case!!! Wow I am impressed and happy as I still like the truck and enjoyed driving it (Minus the small annoying hiccups) Now we are up to September or October of 2020.

I started going back and forth with General Motors Assistance and of course I was told that all of this was an unusual case??? At tis point GM was looking at giving me assistance in recovering some of the expense I was out in Registration, the two payments I had to make but was told by dealer they would be forgiven plus extra money to register in Texas because CALIFORNIA or dealer marked it as commercial. Three or four weeks go by and was told the Claim GM STARTED WAS Denied! (Which I was ok with, not happy but OK) 48 hours later got call from same lady at GM customer service saying her manager had reversed the decision and wanted it t go up to a different department. It was denied again but two days latter got a call that said because of what I wrote about problems in the General Motors satisfaction report, and based on service reports of problems I was having that the claim was elevated to level 2 claim assistance center. The only difference now is I was told that it was being submitted for TRADE/BUYBACK under California lemon law! A week latter it was assigned to what is called Level 2 escalation team and a new rep would be contacting me. That did happen about 3 to 4 weeks later, and learned that what was now being waited on was a Trade/repurchase approval?  For quite awhile was told it would be a trade. What was meant by that I was not sure of and in fact still confused over.

In the meantime, at about 7,000 miles I had gone through 26 gallons of def fluid, GM replaced wiring harness, filter assembly and something else. Now not only freezing screens displays changing on their own, engine would crank for about 20 seconds and not start but wait 5 minutes and it starts in 2 to 4 cranks. Driving down road would just shut off, engine, whole dash and then just start running again. Twice it shut down I waited a minute and starts like nothing was at fault check engine light would come on and go off in a few miles, or by next day or two. Shop at one point said no codes given, and next time I go in, check engine light had been on and was off they said 11 codes thrown, several in history?? Infotainment still freezing and center info center still changing randomly. GM has special tech team look at and was told some of it is low voltage problem but no fix at this time. Drove in one time and system was froze, no touchscreen, nothing showing on info center. Service writer saw this condition and aid leave it he would tell them what he saw… When I picked it up latter and the ticket said could not duplicate condition, even though it was seen, according to Service manager, unless certified Tech sees problem nothing can be done. Different occasion went in and 10 codes found, check engine light on but told technician found nothing wrong with any of the systems error codes were connected to???  Now if I push brake pedal and hit start button, doesn’t start until I take foot off brake… This about half of what I have actually gone through in problems, In fact I have over 40 different error screens that have showed with check engine light coming on, and at times going off leaving no trail,,,, BUT Bored you are from reading? Well I will wrap it up.

On 3/24/2021 received official GMC Customer Service Communication and from General Motors letter stating under California lemon law a repurchase / trade had been fully granted…. GREAT, Yippee, YAY, WOW. Well let’s not get excited as of 06/10/2021 we still don’t have a clue as to what is next. First was they contacted dealer I originally purchased from, BUT I was told they did not want to host a trade, repurchase. Found a different dealer and they were not excited about doing this trade? repurchase?   General Motors is talking about but said they would. Later got a call from second dealer saying they did not want to… Found another dealer, this time in Texas and they said no problem we will take care of it just need to get some info from General Motors. Except no one is reaching out to anyone with direction. I was told to order one but dealer don’t have allocations, and supply is short. Downfall here is dealer has to wait to hear from GM and then order, and DEALER says they have sent emails, called and are not getting replies as to what next step is and I cannot order as I guess they are shut off now from Chip shortage? Plant closure? Or what?  I was ready to order the day after it was approved, but dealer has to get answers, and I don’t blame them. They have seen my correspondence and know it is real, but Corporate is not responding   I have a feeling I will have to order a 2022 the way things are going, which may not be bad if not many changes are happening. Even the dealer says he can’t get answers, in fact not even the dealers zone rep has been able to et an answer as to if, when, allotment problems etc.!   So why do I write this?   Simple I want others to see that a good thing may not be good! That even with all the problems I still have and live with and drive with, I am stuck with this Problem that someday may get fixed!!! Or replaced???  And when you think you got problems, think of what you read and add 50% more problems. I hope I did not bore you with all of this, but I am tired of the total run around. So just Think how lucky you are!   Some say I am stupid, but I still want to stay with another GMC, and I have faith as I have always driven GM.  

Up until now the truck has been back to the shop a dozen times, all without them duplicating the problem. I have seen the 4 wheel light turn orange, felt shifting problems, seen a screen wanting system password, locked screens over a dozen times, engine just shut off while driving, no start several time, screen that said service transfer case, gone into limp mode twice, knocking noise just started, cameras just turn while driving down the road, seen about 20 or more codes the dealer has pulled from memory and close to 30 gal def fluid use at 10,600 miles. Had cruise control just shut off while driving, with funniest one being while driving down the road I would get the sensor go off saying vehicle next to me when there is nothing. Had cruise set at 65 when all of a sudden it goes to 75 or more with new cruise setting. Even had about a dozen cases where radio station would change or go from Sirus to phone or radio or media….   Maybe a ghost??  Today I was told if I order one 10 to 16 weeks for Delivery?? That is when they tell me how or when I can order. I think I am more tired of the lack of communication, not getting answers and not trusting what I am driving or not trusting the GM level 2 customer relations department who won’t return calls, or does not have an answer to any questions..

Well today is Jul 18th and the latest is 5 days ago I called customer service to ask what Is happening? They said they couldn’t believe it had gone on so long, and there had been such a lack of communications! I was starting to feel good and even got a call from the Level 2 GM representative who said he was sorry for not returning my calls, and he had them working on a solution!  still don’t know who them was… and the promise he would call me back in one hour, five days ago, is still in the front of my brain.  Customer service is not something GM has on their mind! Or they have just forgot what it means, what it should be!  Through all of these months and days of fighting with my truck that sometimes runs and sometimes just dies and or farts like an old drunk on beans……..   Who knows maybe I can look at a 2022 that is loosing most of the good accessories! No HD radio for sure, some of the updates that were scheduled to be on the new model aren’t going to be there due to chips, or something!!!  BUT I might get lucky and it would run without error codes being set or something freezing, or farting… better yet it wouldn’t drink 5 gal def in 90to 100 miles!

Got the GMC tailgate handle installed on my Chevrolet last night.  Hole patterns are identical and much needed assist for getting into the bed of the truck.  Don't know why Chevrolet doesn't put these on the trucks...........................RR

IMG_2296.jpg

Edited by GhostComanche

Finally feels done!

Mods:

*Blacked out Roof/Black Tint/Smoked wheel reflectors/Badges and emblems Blacked out.

*Banks Derringer / Pedal Commander

*Method NV HD Wheels 17's, 37 inch Toyo Mt's.

*CST Stage 9 4 inch Lift, CST upper control arms,  Extreme Duty Tie rods, Alumnium Skid plate (Painted black / Red)

*AMP Research Powerstep XL

*Locker Down Digital Safe in console.

*S&B Cold air intake

3521D544-03DE-4B35-9282-AFDCDD8EA9F8.thumb.jpeg.578b3353a2f74caf368871e6cf03d35d.jpeg

11D08C3B-ABE6-4BB9-B81D-F6310B6FEE9B.thumb.jpeg.fada9e7c97b3d72c8260570ef9f3c5b2.jpeg

ED6C8EF3-6B05-4067-9D18-FF2921919809.thumb.jpeg.771afc8d33d88658ca9c94e85a630f0f.jpeg

63AA3F89-6806-473C-85E3-4806C220FDF9.thumb.jpeg.f192b845bc59f7e197c2a86caac03dfd.jpeg

9E4BEBDC-ABFD-484C-A1D6-CF825705F14C.thumb.jpeg.8de384e4ad08a232554cc41b00d969f6.jpeg

*6AD442F8-3B9B-4041-9B53-71498A0554D3.thumb.jpeg.ef74feebbf9e14314042989379205b79.jpeg

70D13D75-A8B8-471F-9ED8-EFEB0E5C4AA6.thumb.jpeg.e0b1ce9fcb8ebfa071a3bab0124d2706.jpeg

6AF3D91B-8242-4512-AAE0-6784B91A2B94.thumb.jpeg.abad3b8ce5a6a9ed394e89cc56f958d4.jpeg

Edited by combat1500
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...