3 hours ago, aseibel said:

Grumpy, since you are a resident of northern IL, I can totally understand how you did not refer to any Chicago football teams in your list of favorites. haha! Go Packers and F^$# da bears!

I personally went up to Green Bay yesterday to make sure the Tundra is frozen. Even though this year has been short on snow, it is in fact frozen and we got some snow on order for Sunday. Should be a very entertaining game!

Andy my buddy I was not born here. East Central Iowa. Newton to be precise. Pretty much Cardinal or Viking territory there with a smattering of the Chief's loyal. Bears and Packer backers were in the closet. I still liked watching Bart play though. It was literally a lifetime ago. Refining and school took me many places. Colorado, Utah and Texas. I'm a resident alien in Illinois and I expect I'll finish here.

Now that said anybody that can not appreciate Walter Peyton, Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary...that would be some sad stuff.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Andy my buddy I was not born here. East Central Iowa. Newton to be precise. Pretty much Cardinal or Viking territory there with a smattering of the Chief's loyal. Bears and Packer backers were in the closet. I still liked watching Bart play though. It was literally a lifetime ago. Refining and school took me many places. Colorado, Utah and Texas. I'm a resident alien in Illinois and I expect I'll finish here.

Now that said anybody that can not appreciate Walter Peyton, Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary...that would be some sad stuff.   

That makes sense. Iowa is no man's land for professional sports. My remembers in grade school, every boy pretended to be Starr or Staubach at recess.

I've heard that that early 80 bears team was good. But since I was only 3 when they were champs, and Peyton retired when I was 5... I only have the grainy low definition footage to go off of.

I hope you are rooting for the Packers WR Allen Lazard. Born in Des Moines, went to Iowa St.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, aseibel said:

That makes sense. Iowa is no man's land for professional sports. My remembers in grade school, every boy pretended to be Starr or Staubach at recess.

I've heard that that early 80 bears team was good. But since I was only 3 when they were champs, and Peyton retired when I was 5... I only have the grainy low definition footage to go off of.

I hope you are rooting for the Packers WR Allen Lazard. Born in Des Moines, went to Iowa St.

The '85 Bears only lost one game that year and won the Super Bowl,  and ironically it was the Miami Dolphins who beat them.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aseibel said:

More  fan of Herky than Cy ? 

I think the pack have this but don't thing it's because it a game in the cold. Remember, half the Tampa team is from Boston, Detroit or Pittsburg. 

2 hours ago, aseibel said:

YIKES a puppy in the house.

:crackup:

Well sir that is a good thing. Youth has many advantages.

You're just about the age of my youngest children.

Enjoy it.

:P

• Haha 1

Okay two days in a row and Patrick is taking "the majority of the snaps" and Reid doesn't know who is going to start? 

:crackup:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/1/21/22242954/patrick-mahomes-gets-majority-of-snaps-in-thursday-practice

Chad is had if Patrick doesn't start.

:rolleyes:

Sports Line Quote: 

Frankly, there was never much doubt Mahomes would play Sunday as he technically didn't suffer a concussion in the third quarter last Sunday vs. Cleveland but was more choked out on an unusual tackle by Browns linebacker Mack Wilson.

KC by 3 are the current odds. 

What an interesting day. Was anyone surprised Green Bay lost? Let me restate that. Anyone surprised Tampa Bay won?

While I did expected KC to win I didn't think they would make it look that easy. The score was closer than the game would indicate. KC's defense was lights out Matilda! 

KC has already had a good look at Tampa earlier this season. Thing is, that goes both ways. It should be a good game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

What an interesting day. Was anyone surprised Green Bay lost? Let me restate that. Anyone surprised Tampa Bay won?

Twice this year Tampa won the battle of the Bays. Neither time did I feel like Tom was responsible. Rather, Tampa's Defense was able to stymie A-rod like the rest of the league only wish they were able to. Tom was just along for the ride. Throwing lame ducks and getting lucky with terrible coverage that gifted them a TD before the half. 1 or 2 plays changed the game. But that's usually the story.

We in Packerland are now left cheering for Mahomes and the Chiefs, mostly because we are all sick and tired of the other guy.

• Haha 1