Until they learn to appreciate the people who died for their right to play I’ll pass. They have the right to kneel, I have a right to pass. And I do. We usually have a family super bowl party. We may watch a movie. My favorite blast from the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, txab said:

Probably so. Good chance he won't be allowed to play.

Lights are on, but nobody is home tells he got a good brain rattler.

I was reading the concussion protocols this evening. It's allot of work to do in a week but it seems the tell tail is Fridays practice. If he does not then Sunday seems a non-starter. If he does then perhaps. Maybe.

So...if he plays it's still going to be a war. Bills are no joke. If he's out I can't think of a thing Henne could do on his shoulders to pull off a win. I'll have to wait for the injury report(S) on this one.  If they get back Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Sammy Watkins with a health dose of Le'Veon Bell then...... I'm an optimist. they could run the Bill to death and some play action. Even if they know Saturday Andy won't make the call until Sunday to keep Buffalo in the dark. 

On another note. Tampa winning in the Big Easy won't be that easy in the house Rodgers built. Packers is a call right now baring practice injuries this week to key players. 

• Like 1

If neither of the 4 teams left lose anymore players, KC and GB makes the Superbowl.  KC without Mahommes can take NY.  It’s all about the coach.  Always did like Andy Reid, especially when he coached the Eagles.  Reid is very unpredictable and hard to gauge.  I think he’s too much for NY.

As for the Packers, I followed them since Bart Starr and Lombardi.  The team, offense and defense has finally elevated their game to the level of Rogers.  Rogers is my favorite player, prior to him Favre.  I follow Packers today as a default because of the player.  Although I am enjoying watching team play based on the improved intelligence of O and D.  Add playing on the tundra and Rogers playing at the MVP level, I believe they will be too much for Tampa.  Tampa will have flashbacks of the game earlier in the year, but hopefully Brady has put playing in the cold in the rear view.

KC and GB in the Superbowl, the game will be fun, two side-arm gunslingers.  Rogers will prove to be too much of an experienced gunslinger for Reid. 

Then again, it’s just a ball game.  If the Bucs and Bills make the big game, I like Bills.  But definite big game GOAT advantage Bucs.

• Thanks 1

Interesting history ZIP. Thanks for that.

I have not been a life long KC fan. I've always been a fan of talent well coached and executed. These guys come to mind.

1974-1976 St Louis Cardinals and Air Coryell!!!!

What a roster. 

Jim Hart-Terry Metcalf-Jim Otis-Mel Gray-Earl Thomas-Jackie Smith (yea that Jackie Smith) 

Conrad Dobler-Dan Dierdorf-Roger Wehrli-Jim Bakken

Cowboys / Steelers games...WOW (Jackie Smith) Only almost catch EVERYONE remembers. Poor guy. 

For a long while I followed QB's. Unitas, Griese. Stabler, Pastorini, Staubach, Hart, Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Starr. Tough calls when two of your favorites list were in the same game.  

I use to watch every game televised including Canadian games and knew every roster in depth. Hundreds of great players few remember today. Oh and IOWA football when a game was on TV. 

Then the 87 strike and I totally lost interest for about a lifetime. Kurt Warner coming out of retirement and Larry Fitzgerald caught my attention. Felt like Hart and Gray all over again. Oh I watched some of the bright stars, mostly running backs. And there has been a bunch of those. Too many to list. Two of my favorites were Earl Campbell and Larry Csonka. Both of these guys just ran over and through the best the NFL had to offer. They didn't need anyone pushing the pile to add ten if you needed it. I remember in an interview with Earl his thigh measurement was said to be larger than my chest measurement! 

Anyway Alex Smith brought me to KC and Andy has kept me coming back. This guy Alex is special.

If a KC win is possible it will be indeed on Reid. 

• Like 1

How can you not mention the early 70's Dolphins!!  I was very young then, but remember people talking about them and how good they were, I probably liked the uniforms too, I was a huge fan.  I still like the Dolphins, as frustrating as it's been since then.  

I think Buffalo will be hard to beat.  They stuffed the running game of Henry at Tennessee, and stuffed Lamar Jackson and his running/passing game.  It is kind of a disadvantage to not know who will be starting for KC next weekend.  Should be a good game though.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

How can you not mention the early 70's Dolphins!!  I was very young then, but remember people talking about them and how good they were, I probably liked the uniforms too, I was a huge fan.  I still like the Dolphins, as frustrating as it's been since then.  

I think Buffalo will be hard to beat.  They stuffed the running game of Henry at Tennessee, and stuffed Lamar Jackson and his running/passing game.  It is kind of a disadvantage to not know who will be starting for KC next weekend.  Should be a good game though.  

Larry Csonka was part of that group.... ?  Remember?  

Grumpy, since you are a resident of northern IL, I can totally understand how you did not refer to any Chicago football teams in your list of favorites. haha! Go Packers and F^$# da bears!

I personally went up to Green Bay yesterday to make sure the Tundra is frozen. Even though this year has been short on snow, it is in fact frozen and we got some snow on order for Sunday. Should be a very entertaining game!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Interesting history ZIP. Thanks for that.

I have not been a life long KC fan. I've always been a fan of talent well coached and executed. These guys come to mind.

1974-1976 St Louis Cardinals and Air Coryell!!!!

What a roster. 

Jim Hart-Terry Metcalf-Jim Otis-Mel Gray-Earl Thomas-Jackie Smith (yea that Jackie Smith) 

Conrad Dobler-Dan Dierdorf-Roger Wehrli-Jim Bakken

Cowboys / Steelers games...WOW (Jackie Smith) Only almost catch EVERYONE remembers. Poor guy. 

For a long while I followed QB's. Unitas, Griese. Stabler, Pastorini, Staubach, Hart, Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Starr. Tough calls when two of your favorites list were in the same game.  

I use to watch every game televised including Canadian games and knew every roster in depth. Hundreds of great players few remember today. Oh and IOWA football when a game was on TV. 

Then the 87 strike and I totally lost interest for about a lifetime. Kurt Warner coming out of retirement and Larry Fitzgerald caught my attention. Felt like Hart and Gray all over again. Oh I watched some of the bright stars, mostly running backs. And there has been a bunch of those. Too many to list. Two of my favorites were Earl Campbell and Larry Csonka. Both of these guys just ran over and through the best the NFL had to offer. They didn't need anyone pushing the pile to add ten if you needed it. I remember in an interview with Earl his thigh measurement was said to be larger than my chest measurement! 

Anyway Alex Smith brought me to KC and Andy has kept me coming back. This guy Alex is special.

If a KC win is possible it will be indeed on Reid. 

Man, these guys you mentioned are both classic and classy.  There are a few mid 70's guys in this group, but most of them played from late 50's to late 60's.  I'm pretty savvy with all sports, specifically into the art of it.  With 22 active position guys on the field, that is a lot of art.  Part of that art is coaching scheme, talent, wisdom, experience, dome play, and then there is the frozen tundra. 

As for Alex Smith, I'll just say grit.  But he needs to retire based on the injury he sustain a yr or so ago.  His style at quarterback is a disadvantage today.  He's a pocket QB, you are a liability today if you are not an experienced, wise, savvy pocket QB.  The guys coming in to bash your head are bigger, stronger, faster and that's just based off talent.  Throw in a scheme and you are toast.  The best pocket QBs in the game today; Rivers, Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Ryan, Rogers.  Out of this list, Rogers should be the only one playing because he has a scramble along with his pocket presence.  Scramble doesn't mean a run like some of the younger QBs do.  Rogers got this figure 8 scramble move around the tackle and guard, sweet.    

1 hour ago, SILVER SLED said:

There's really not a great running game in any of the 4 teams that are left.  The guys on the D line need to be faster than bigger.  You just need to be good enough with the run for your RPO to work.  KC with Mahommes, very likely win.  KC with Henne, possible win.  KC without Andy Reid's brain, a loss.

1 hour ago, aseibel said:

I personally went up to Green Bay yesterday to make sure the Tundra is frozen. Even though this year has been short on snow, it is in fact frozen and we got some snow on order for Sunday. Should be a very entertaining game!

Yes, insider info.  The frozen tundra is part of GB's schemes.  GB coaches constantly check the hardness of the terrain to ensure they get the right size spikes.  Usually GB have a 1st half advantage because the other team is not sure of their footing.  By time they figure it out, the game is uphill for the other team.  

1 hour ago, The Zip said:

There's really not a great running game in any of the 4 teams that are left.  The guys on the D line need to be faster than bigger.  You just need to be good enough with the run for your RPO to work.  KC with Mahommes, very likely win.  KC with Henne, possible win.  KC without Andy Reid's brain, a loss.

So I wrote this yesterday then erased it. My bad. 

I watched the hit on Patrick from every speed and angle I had access to. Know what I didn't see? His noggin whack the ground. What I did see was the tacklers forearm between Patrick's helmet and shoulder pad. STINGGER. Then I see on a KC news channel today that had he not gone straight to the tent he would have continued play. But now that he is IN the protocol he has to finish it. That just may mean somebody keeping a perfectly health QB from playing. 

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/01/18/patrick-mahomes-injury-update-jay-glazer-okay-chiefs-bills/

Jake Glazer said:

“The thought is that he will be okay. Right now, he’s in the concussion protocol. You see him having a hard time getting up and walking there. That’s more so because they are saying it was almost like he was choked out, which I know a thing or two about. Not so much a concussion but he still has to go through the concussion protocol. He was trying to get himself back in this game, though, so there’s a lot of confidence that he’ll be able to go next week.”

I should have posted this yesterday.