On 11/29/2020 at 5:05 PM, Colossus said:

They sure don't act like it.  I see more skill and effort being made in the College leagues as the kids there truly want to try to get somewhere.. like the NFL.  I guess I prefer the fans at the college games as well.. younger, more energetic, optimistic, less rowdy and boring

One of my fondest memories was attending a Manchester United (English Soccer) match in England.  They actually have a section of the stadium where the away fans have to sit and it's surrounded by security (yellow vests).  Constant verbal assaults on the away fans and plenty of double digit communication (English middle finger) while the away fans chant derogatory songs about the home team.....brilliant!! Never been to a college/pro sport in the US that can rival it.

ManUnited.jpg

Pretty sad to me when people, so called adults act like children when it comes to sports. Parents fighting at thier kids games sets a great example. 

I watch football out of boredom during the winter.

Never understood the facination with sports. 

3 hours ago, diyer2 said:

Pretty sad to me when people, so called adults act like children when it comes to sports. Parents fighting at thier kids games sets a great example. 

I watch football out of boredom during the winter.

Never understood the facination with sports. 

There are people that watch sports to 'take sides' and there are people that 'watch the game'. I get just as much from a game of chess actually. The execution of strategies is fascinating. Currently KC has been on fire. I haven't a stable club or team. Just for the one the executes the best. I love a good nail bitter. A game where both teams offence and defense on 'on their game'. 

Ravens/Steelers game was better than it looked like it would be. Raven's hung in there and made it a game. 

KC faces a similar situation as the Steelers did against a Denver team today that, on paper, should be a push over. These are the games you loose sometimes. Denver has a defense. Will KC take them seriously? Come on Andy...do not snooze here :crackup:

Edited by Grumpy Bear

Well I did say the Bronco's have some defense, right?

Seems the showed up! 

That was way to close. A lesser defense would have given up 5 TD's instead of 5 FG. Oh and a TD that was just flat missed by both officials and the KC bench. Could have been a blow out...but...even a ugly win is a win. ? 

3 hours ago, Colossus said:

what the Broncos actually won a game?  I stopped following them and pro football years ago.. but hey.. if a colorado team wins a game?  Good on em. 

Nope lost the game but made a game of it. Not one sided slaughter. 

• 2 weeks later...

Drew looked a little rusty today. (Saints v Chiefs).  I had this game marked as one to watch early in the season. A bit disappointed that the Saints were not in top form. Cameron Jordon getting tossed didn't help. Man has a solid right hook, right? They have better in them. So do the Chiefs. Give us some game boyz!!

I was actually surprised Drew was allowed to play so soon after such a dangerous injury. A warrior. Pity his next two opponents. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

1-2-5-6 seeds.

Both sides of the ladder!

Strange.

I expect the Browns to come to town with a Steelers high on. KC won't make those same mistakes. 

Chiefs, Bills, Packers........................BUCS! 

My upset pick.

? 

7 hours ago, Colossus said:

Super Bowl?   ROFLOL... What's so super about it??  Let's call it the COVID Bowl. 

32 Teams played full schedules PAYING professionals, 1696 of them plus staff; who earned their position on a pro team to earn their positions on the ladder then those teams in rounds of eliminations pair down to two. These two best teams earned a place to play for the championship. They did this at a loss this year to entertain unappreciative people who like to make the game about them instead of the lifetime achievement it took those players to earn this night for themselves and then shared it with. Personally....

I think that makes it pretty SUPER. 

It's the Super Bowl not the Super Spreader