Is the LT Chevy’s most sold trim ?

f8l vnm

We know that on the GMC side the AT4 and Denali account for more then half the sales.  A few years ago I read the Denali trim was over 50% of their sales , now add it in the popular AT4 I would imagine it’s more then that now. But on Chevy side anyone know what trim is their best seller ? Just curious given the TB popularity, I think it’s the LT model right ? Or would be the custom/WT still ? 

I have seen more LT on street than anything else in so cal last 6 months.....custom would be next, and RST last

I have seen lot of WT but their company trucks from whatever company....have not seen a HC yet

LT is the clear winner each year, for sure. Beyond that, it's speculative based on where you live. In DFW, my guess seems to be like this (I'm excluding WT, as most of those are fleet sales) 

1. LT (All-Star / Texas Editions)
  2. Custom (been surprised by how many of these I'm seeing) 
  3. RST
  4. TB (Custom and LT) 
  5. LTZ
  6. HC

The closest dealer to me - Classic Chevrolet - is one of the highest volume dealers in the nation. Here's what they have on their lot right now: 

Total of 514 new Silverado 1500s (non-HD or LD)

1. 158 Custom (all types (RWD, 4x4, SB, CC, DC, etc))
  2. 118 LT
  3. 100 WT (22 of these are RC, long box) 
  4. 77 RST
  5. 38 TBs (Custom TB / LT TB) 
  6. 11 LTZ
  7. 11 HC 

Next closest dealer is another big one in Dallas. Here's what they have on the lot: 

Total of 289 new Silverado 1500s

1. 106 RST
  2. 62 LT
  3. 49 Custom
  4. 47 WT 
  5. 12 LTZ
  6. 9 TBs
  7. 4 HC 

Nationally, I would wager LT takes the cake. It's designed to be the volume trim. However, the rest is regional.

In my area, trucks are less common than in most of the country (although still fairly popular), but most buyers seem to go for the high-spec trims. Probably LTZ is the most common for Chevy. The new Ram trucks are surprisingly popular here, and probably 90% of those I see are Limited/Longhorn. Same goes with Fords, they're all Limited/Platinum/King Ranch.

As of last count on the new Chevy T1's - LT's are indeed top seller. LT Trail Boss is most "in-demand" which is different than top seller.

When the 2014-2018 series finished the most popular configuration (top seller) was an LT Crew Cab Z71.

This is exactly why GM should hurry up already with the Silvy ZR2 or whatever they want to call it.  

Put a detuned version of the 6.2 Supercharged motor they have/bigger fender/3in fox kit /wheels and tires and easy 70k-80k sticker price. and then you have a  Raptor fighter.

Look at what success FCA has had just stuffing Hellcat motors in everything . Now i hear the Durango/RAM is next for this motor for 2022.  Nothing but old platforms but they have but stuffing a 700+ HP motor buys them time to sell of these old platforms. 

On 2/2/2020 at 4:45 PM, f8l vnm said:

Correct me if wrong here but isn’t RST an LT with painted bumpers ? 

On 2/2/2020 at 5:06 PM, Booger T said:

And fog lights ? and a couple of grand more base price

And optional bucket seats to push those who can't do a bench seat out of the LT and up into that higher price point. 

This is exactly why GM should hurry up already with the Silvy ZR2 or whatever they want to call it.  
Put a detuned version of the 6.2 Supercharged motor they have/bigger fender/3in fox kit /wheels and tires and easy 70k-80k sticker price. and then you have a  Raptor fighter.
Look at what success FCA has had just stuffing Hellcat motors in everything . Now i hear the Durango/RAM is next for this motor for 2022.  Nothing but old platforms but they have but stuffing a 700+ HP motor buys them time to sell of these old platforms. 

They registered a “ZRX” name badge a couple months ago,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

And optional bucket seats to push those who can't do a bench seat out of the LT and up into that higher price point. 

so wish I had got bucket seats, one regret I wont make again.....just nice having that console up front

• Like 2