Poll: Does your truck have the rear window leak?

DuRsT

Does your truck have the Rear Window Leak? - Please Participate! Only voting please!  

707 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder if anyone has answered with no leak without actually looking back there for any signs. When I was dealing with the brake issue I ran across the rear window leak thread. I said to myself, I'm glad mine isn't leaking. But then I went and looked around and sure enough mine was also leaking and I didn't really even know it. 

19 minutes ago, Lunar68 said:

I wonder if anyone has answered with no leak without actually looking back there for any signs. When I was dealing with the brake issue I ran across the rear window leak thread. I said to myself, I'm glad mine isn't leaking. But then I went and looked around and sure enough mine was also leaking and I didn't really even know it. 

You don't look, you feel. Seat cushions up and press a piece of paper toweling against the top surface of the rug...........comes up bone dry = no leak.

Fortunately or unfortunately for me when I checked it was raining pretty hard and it was on the top of my rear seat by the headrest. no feeling necessary. I did feel around after that and luckily the floor and seat cushions were dry. 

7 hours ago, Lunar68 said:

I check mine every time I wash the truck or drive in the rain. My 19 with slider is leak free so far.

I've also purposely flooded the spoiler/rear window with water when rinsing the truck to try and get it to leak. :thumbs:

Edited by jlong1984

46 minutes ago, wacnstac said:

So I wonder if the reduced occurrence of 10% on the 2020's is due to the problem being fixed somewhere along the line, or just due to the fact that they haven't been owned long enough.

Good question, wondered that myself.

Currently the 2019's are around 70% of those polled, 2020's are 15.4% of those polled.

I didn’t have the option on the first poll question to answer “Yes my truck had the rear cab window leak- resolved by the dealer however I am not satisfied with the results” 

Such as the dealership using seam sealer to cover the 2 spots they are aware of fracturing/ cracking and making small holes allowing water to enter the cab. Even after a discussion was had that I did not want this to happen. 

17 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I'm using the Tapatalk app to view this forum and there is no poll showing. Is this something you have to go to the website for or am I missing something?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

The Tapatalk app won't support all the features native to the forum software.

The Tapatalk app won't support all the features native to the forum software.
I logged on to the website. I feel like I was not properly counted. Since my 19 and 20 both leaked and I could only submit one vote!!

I have seen several polls on the Facebook group as well that seemed to be in the 30% range but really hard to tell how genuine some of the votes were by people with no leak sick of hearing people with leaks complaining about their leak

16 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I logged on to the website. I feel like I was not properly counted. Since my 19 and 20 both leaked and I could only submit one vote!!

I have seen several polls on the Facebook group as well that seemed to be in the 30% range but really hard to tell how genuine some of the votes were by people with no leak sick of hearing people with leaks complaining about their leak

May I ask which Facebook group it is ? Thanks