Poll: Does your truck have the rear window leak?

DuRsT

Does your truck have the Rear Window Leak? - Please Participate! Only voting please!  

707 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up a used 2019 Sierra 1500 Denali power sliding window with the leak. My 19' trail boss had the same leak, it was fixed. Does the TSB still call for 1 gallon of clear caulk? or are they doing something else now? 

• 2 weeks later...

Sad To say, My rear window is leaking for the second time. Yep, fixed once already and now it's leaking again. My truck doesn't even have 7000 miles on it yet.

Stopped by the dealership to see about repair and was told they would need it for 2 days (one day for the leak test and one day for repair) and no loaners are available because they have all been returned to sales stock.

I told the service advisor how nice it is that they are screwing over existing customers so they have the stock to make new customers (I have purchased 5 vehicles from this dealership in the last 3 years).

She said, trust me I hear that everyday, we're not happy about it either.

I don't think I'll buy another GM product. It's too bad, I think the Silverado is the best looking truck available these days.

JMHO

No expertise implied or expressed

43 minutes ago, RWTJR said:

Sad To say, My rear window is leaking for the second time. Yep, fixed once already and now it's leaking again. My truck doesn't even have 7000 miles on it yet.

Stopped by the dealership to see about repair and was told they would need it for 2 days (one day for the leak test and one day for repair) and no loaners are available because they have all been returned to sales stock.

I told the service advisor how nice it is that they are screwing over existing customers so they have the stock to make new customers (I have purchased 5 vehicles from this dealership in the last 3 years).

She said, trust me I hear that everyday, we're not happy about it either.

I don't think I'll buy another GM product. It's too bad, I think the Silverado is the best looking truck available these days.

JMHO

No expertise implied or expressed

Most (not all) will opt for you to get a rental, such as Enterprise.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2019 1500 with power sliding rear window has a very small leak at the upper left (driver side) corner. Found no leaks on the slider itself. Only had the truck several months now and it stays garaged, so finally had an opportunity for a water test when washing it. Sprayed shower mode (very similar to rain) at about the same pressure as a moderate to heavy rain for several minutes across the back of the cab and at the window. Result: One small drip of water on the inside from the upper left. 

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a used 2019 Sierra 1500 Denali power sliding window with the leak. My 19' trail boss had the same leak, it was fixed. Does the TSB still call for 1 gallon of clear caulk? or are they doing something else now? 

Far as I know, yes. 

I did try fixing one awhile back with what I said not to use...the Permatex Flowable Silicone.  kept the spout as small as possible, and ran it over the top of the glass so it'd run down the back of it.   
Worked.  Haven't seen that truck back in over a month now, so I'd say it fixed it.   

If it ever needs the glass replaced, the glass man will hate me, but that's "if".  

Next idea I'm thinking of trying is the liquid Flex Seal that comes in a quart "paint" can.  Thinking of using a big syringe...maybe something like a turkey injector.   I do believe that would work well.  Flex Seal is pretty good stuff for certain thing.  

Edited by Pacfanweb

• 1 month later...

2019 Sierra with just shy of 70,000 miles. No sign of a leak until today. Very small amount from each corner of the cab. Not much, barely noticeable. Looking forward to a visit to the dealership. I bought an extended warranty but I'm sure they'll figure a way to weasel out of it. 

• 3 weeks later...

2019 Sierra sliding glass with 54k miles on it.  Around 15k I noticed a line down the inside of the glass.  The next time that I took it to a carwash I turned around and watched and sure enough 2-3 drops came in and ran down the glass leaving mineral deposits each time.  

Looked up the previous gen truck's GM repair order that was basically "caulk the hell out of the top of the glass", and took that to the dealer.  They got it done and it has been 18 months now without one single problem.  

Mexico build early March of 2019.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 7:56 AM, Chevrolet1 said:

My 2019 1500 with power sliding rear window has a very small leak at the upper left (driver side) corner. Found no leaks on the slider itself. Only had the truck several months now and it stays garaged, so finally had an opportunity for a water test when washing it. Sprayed shower mode (very similar to rain) at about the same pressure as a moderate to heavy rain for several minutes across the back of the cab and at the window. Result: One small drip of water on the inside from the upper left. 

This is exactly the same thing my 2020 LT Trail Boss does (power sliding window). I’m not even sure it’s worth the trouble of having everything ripped apart by the service monkeys at the dealership. 

• 3 weeks later...