2020 HD 3500 Missing interior grab handles and sunglasses holder

Has anyone missed the interior roof mounted grab handles that used to be on my 2017 3500? I wonder if they can be added back? Was a nice place to rest your hand while riding.

Also they did away with the sunglass compartment where I used to store my airbag controller. I wonder why those two things went away?

I also miss my ashtray (for coin storage) and the second level of door pockets that were on my 2017 3500 but are now gone on 2020 3500. Also wish you could set seat AC or heat to just stay wherever you previously set them to. Also auto high beam doesn’t work if you turn fog lights on(which don’t stay set to on either).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 11:26 PM, ssowie said:

I also miss my ashtray (for coin storage) and the second level of door pockets that were on my 2017 3500 but are now gone on 2020 3500. Also wish you could set seat AC or heat to just stay wherever you previously set them to. Also auto high beam doesn’t work if you turn fog lights on(which don’t stay set to on either).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just traded a 2017 F250 Platinum for a 2020 GMC 3500 AT4.  Ford really had their tech figured out, I am disappointed in these shortfalls. No massaging seats either, those came in handy on long trips as a little pick-me-up.

• 1 year later...

Grab handles are on the pillar now. I am sure you can go to your dealer and find the handle part in your interior color and figure out how to mount them. There should be a thicker metal brace running along the edge. As for someone who said vanity lights are missing, Do you mean the ones in the visor as my '21AT4 has them. If you get the SLT and up trim with the center console there are more than enough storage cubbies for the remote. My question is why the phone charger was moved to the console head near dash and taken out of the console compartment cover. My wifes Iphone barley charges because of the size. 

Agree with the charging pad location, sometimes I wonder what the point is to the surveys they send out.

I can't imagine people suggested moving the charging pad to that location. As far as the grab handles, I believe

someone mentioned it may interfere with the side airbags. I pick my truck up today and will pose that question.

picked my truck up and asked the service tech about installing grab handles overhead. He said GM does not sell parts to install this, nor endorse this. he said check on line but doesn't believe there as any after market kits for this, and the side airbag may be in the way.

So unless someone on here knows of a way to do it (please share) we are SOL.

Edited by obazsm

As mentioned above, additional handles would proba ly interfere with the airbags.  With low production numbers, there isn't much after market support for these rigs yet, even if they wanted to risk liability of compromising a pillar integrity with drilling, or interfering with an airbag. I still have my fingers crossed for somebody to crack codes for tuning and electronic mods. Probably not likely, due to the small market.