TPMS Relearn issues after new wheel/tires installed

So I’m having the same problem. Ordered set of rims and tires off custom offset. Getting the service force monitor system. I bought the relearn tool to do it myself and having no luck. They said they use Uni-Sensor branded TPMS

anybody know what tool I should try next 

• 11 months later...

Digging this thread up from the dead. Long story short. Installed a leveling kit on my 2019 Trail Boss and new wheels and tires. Bought a new set of TPMS sensor to make install easier. The factory sensors in my truck are 433mhz and that is what I replaced them with. Bought the learn tool and get them programmed just fine for about 10 miles then one sensor (usually the left/rear) will go blank. I work at an Mercedes-Benz dealership and some of the techs here think it is because of the leveling kit and different wheel/tire size. I went with 17" wheels and 315/70- 17 tires. I don't think it's the physical relation to the TPMS module myself. 

Any ideas?

11 hours ago, redwngr said:

Perhaps a sensor with a bad battery?

Maybe. Odd thing happened last night. They were all working when I left work and right around the 10 mile mark the "Service TPMS" message came up. When I checked them, the two rear sensors were blank. Never happened with two before. I think I am going to just start all over with a fresh set and see how that works. 

On 3/17/2021 at 10:48 AM, Leeland111 said:

Maybe. Odd thing happened last night. They were all working when I left work and right around the 10 mile mark the "Service TPMS" message came up. When I checked them, the two rear sensors were blank. Never happened with two before. I think I am going to just start all over with a fresh set and see how that works. 

Did installing new set of sensors end up working for you?  I had the dealer install new tires for mine back in January and have been dealing with intermittent TPMS messages ever since.  The dealer just replaced the TPMS but it's still happening.  They can't seem to figure it out.  It sounds like I might just need to get my own new TPMS sensor set and have a different dealer try installing them.  

On 3/24/2021 at 1:12 PM, AT4inKC said:

Did installing new set of sensors end up working for you?  I had the dealer install new tires for mine back in January and have been dealing with intermittent TPMS messages ever since.  The dealer just replaced the TPMS but it's still happening.  They can't seem to figure it out.  It sounds like I might just need to get my own new TPMS sensor set and have a different dealer try installing them.  

I haven't gotten around to it yet. It's so odd. Seems like when I go above 70 MPH is when it (typically the left rear) gets unlinked. 

I was able to track down the root cause of the issue.  It looks like it was my Viofo A129 dash cam that was interfering with the TPMS receiver signal.  There's another thread on this site that goes into details about this interference and a proposed solution that I'll have to try out.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AT4inKC said:

I was able to track down the root cause of the issue.  It looks like it was my Viofo A129 dash cam that was interfering with the TPMS receiver signal.  There's another thread on this site that goes into details about this interference and a proposed solution that I'll have to try out.  

Well, I don't have a dashcam, so I guess I'm still fugged. 

• 2 years later...

I put 2024 3500HD Denali wheels and tires (2 miles takeoffs) on my  2020 3500 HD Denali, and my tpi system won't read them. Tire shop said they were different frequency and won't connect, I have to unmount them and put new sensors that my 2020 was compatible. Truth or fiction, and is there a workaround?

On 3/1/2024 at 9:27 PM, Pierpont said:

I put 2024 3500HD Denali wheels and tires (2 miles takeoffs) on my  2020 3500 HD Denali, and my tpi system won't read them. Tire shop said they were different frequency and won't connect, I have to unmount them and put new sensors that my 2020 was compatible. Truth or fiction, and is there a workaround?

Yes, they changed sensor frequency and I know on the 1500's they also made them so they self-register with the 22.5 refresh. I swear GM just likes to mess with people. They keep switching between 315mhz and 433mhz every few years. There are aftermarket sensors that are dual frequency.