Tire pressure monitor system question

dantech1

24 minutes ago, greco2003 said:

Jeeps have tpms systems in them 

I know they do, but if you run rims without sensors, the TPMS computer will assume that the wheels don't have them installed and will bypass the system so that you don't have to stare at a light everytime.

14 hours ago, dantech1 said:

I know they do, but if you run rims without sensors, the TPMS computer will assume that the wheels don't have them installed and will bypass the system so that you don't have to stare at a light everytime.

Idk On that one maybe there modding it to do that somehow we have Jeep’s come in all the time with the light on. 

51 minutes ago, greco2003 said:

Idk On that one maybe there modding it to do that somehow we have Jeep’s come in all the time with the light on. 

If one sensor fails on a Jeep, the warning light will come on. If all four.sensors fail at once or are removed( change wheels) the system fill totally ignore them and NOT set the light on. Very handy for those that change wheels.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:31 PM, greco2003 said:

Yes it will stay on it will flash telling you there is a fault in the system then it will stay on and solid 

Hi, I been looking for the correct TPMS tool for the 2019 Chevy Silverado NEW BODY STYLE. I see you have a 2019 and you say it works for you, but is yours a New Body style and if so can you provide me with model and name and where you got it, I orderd one last week and the vendor cancelled my order cause he was getting people telling him they didn't work on the 2019 and 2020 new trucks. I have the trailering package which shows the TPMS with pressure and temp on trailer.  but due to all the programing issues and reprogramming 4 diff times due to brake failure and hard shifting while on vacation in florida I deleted the profile. I rather have a tool to do  it myself. Hope you have what I need to do this. Thank you in advance for any trouble for you to provide the info. - Gary

On 2/17/2020 at 8:06 PM, mafd2 said:

Every time wheels are swapped/changed the sensors have to be re-learned. Also, the sensors have changed from 433mhz to 315mhz for the 2019 trucks so older sensors won't work. Be sure the wheels you get are for the 2019 to clear the new larger 4 piston calipers.

Are you sure you typed that correctly? I just bought a set of Factory TPMS sensors for my aftermarket wheels. They were 433 MHZ . They worked properly when installed and calibrated correctly using a scan tool by the mechanic. 

It was my understanding that the new body trucks use 433mhz not the 315mhz.

12 minutes ago, bullet3z said:

Are you sure you typed that correctly? I just bought a set of Factory TPMS sensors for my aftermarket wheels. They were 433 MHZ . They worked properly when installed and calibrated correctly using a scan tool by the mechanic. 

It was my understanding that the new body trucks use 433mhz not the 315mhz.

Yep I have it crossed. 433mhz for '19. Must've been having a moment ?

OK, I picked up my truck today and already started to do some mods. Here's some info some might find useful;

These new trucks have very wide calipers on the front that stick out past the rim mounting flange a lot more than previous trucks. So, if you plan on using aftermarket rims, test fit them first for clearance. I got lucky and my Centerlines fit but with only 1/8" clearance.

Onto the TPMS sensors. I have some NOS ones here that are 5-6 years old. They are 433MHZ, and they do work!  You DO NOT need to buy year specific TPMS sensors. 

I have the TPMS tool that others have mentioned, and it will work on both 135MHZ as well as 433MHZ.

Tomorrow I will try and fit a 2017 flush mount tonneau cover to see how it fits.

Edited by dantech1

16 minutes ago, dantech1 said:

OK, I picked up my truck today and already started to do some mods. Here's some info some might find useful;

These new trucks have very wide calipers on the front that stick out past the rim mounting flange a lot more than previous trucks. So, if you plan on using aftermarket rims, test fit them first for clearance. I got lucky and my Centerlines fit but with only 1/8" clearance.

Onto the TPMS sensors. I have some NOS ones here that are 5-6 years old. They are 433MHZ, and they do work!  You DO NOT need to buy year specific TPMS sensors. 

I have the TPMS tool that others have mentioned, and it will work on both 135MHZ as well as 433MHZ.

Tomorrow I will try and fit a 2017 flush mount tonneau cover to see how it fits.

No you don't need year specific sensors just the correct frequency.  GM used 433mhz on many other older models.

On 2/24/2020 at 9:10 PM, mafd2 said:

No you don't need year specific sensors just the correct frequency.  GM used 433mhz on many other older models.

I'm posting this info because I've read too many times that the new 2019-2020 trucks need a unique sensor, which is false. This info will help someone that wants to use their after market rims that they may have had on their previous truck,.

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Mack3748 said:

Wrong frequency, but I wouldn’t even mess with that generic crap anyway. You can get OEM GM sensors on eBay for the same or less money.

I have GM PN 13522955 in my wheels and working fine. That number has been superseded to 13516165, so either one will work.