Garage door openers

I recently purchased a 2020 Silverado 2500 LTZ and come to find out there is no garage door opener options in the truck. Is there anyway I can add the garage door buttons to the truck? I don't want to use the the regular garage door openers that come with the garage doors or I'm I just out of luck. It's hard to believe a new truck wouldn't come with this feature unless it's hidden and I have no idea where it it lol.

The Homelink option is on the Denali, not sure what other trim levels have it.  On my 2004 I bought the ceiling console that had the buttons and swapped it for the one that was in the truck from the factory.

Looking at the build site the door openers come with the LTZ convenience package, LTZ premium package, LTZ Texas edition, and LTZ plus packages. If you have one of those packages you should have it.

31 minutes ago, Booger T said:

Looking at the build site the door openers come with the LTZ convenience package, LTZ premium package, LTZ Texas edition, and LTZ plus packages. If you have one of those packages you should have it.

Nope I don't have any of those, I never thought to even check that, I just figured it came with it

This whole thing drives me nuts. Most every vehicle these days should have the homelink universal door opener installed, regardless of trim level. We just got a new Explorer for my wife, and it doesn't have it either. It's a $47K XLT but doesn't include a $100 option. Guess you have to spend 50K to get that. I know about what your LTZ costs as I have one myself but mine did have the convenience package. These manufacturers are far past being greedy. It's damn near criminal. 

I'm currently spec'ing out a 2020 3500HD AT4 and that feature isn't standard at that level either. You have to select AT4 Preferred or AT4 Premium.  Best to use the online build mechanism before buying off the lot (which I did for our 2012 1500 NHT), or before ordering from a dealer. You can print from the build website to take to the dealer for comparison, or check inventory online up to a 1,000 miles away.

If you have a manual dimming rear view mirror, GM offers an accessory

Universal Garage Door Opener - Manual-Dimming Rearview Mirror

Not sure where you would get it in the US but it is offered here in Canada https://www.chevrolet.ca/en/trucks/silverado-hd/accessories 

look under the Misc. tab

Edited by Sniperdan

On 2/18/2020 at 11:01 PM, Jetmek said:

This whole thing drives me nuts. Most every vehicle these days should have the homelink universal door opener installed, regardless of trim level. We just got a new Explorer for my wife, and it doesn't have it either. It's a $47K XLT but doesn't include a $100 option. Guess you have to spend 50K to get that. I know about what your LTZ costs as I have one myself but mine did have the convenience package. These manufacturers are far past being greedy. It's damn near criminal. 

Don't kid your self.

"Standard' or in a 'package' or 'stand-alone', if the vehicle has one, the customer is paying for it, and the supplier is making a profit on it