S&B Cold air Intake for Duramax L5P

Just installed an S&B cold air intake #75-5103D with the (white) Dry extendable filter. Got it on amazon for 399$ same price as the S&B website , but shipping took 2 days with prime , S&B wanted 40$ to ship it standard. Installation was easy , and it looks really nice under the hood in my opinion, but better yet I can definitely hear the turbo whistle even more than stock. I still have the DPF and the catalytic behind the turbo so its not a nice full flowing whistle , but its loud enough to make me smile lol. Just wanted to create this thread for those with a Duramax (L5P) that were wondering on this CAI. I recommend It, I know is pricey , but most mods to these truck are. LMK if you have any questions ??

5253ECCE-5237-413E-8AD4-B3C57B2832EC.jpeg

Edited by Irving
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, white94rx said:

I would if only it wasn't so freaking expensive. I did my Ram for $1800 all in. It's probably $4-5k for these trucks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Also theres only one tuner that I know of right now and thats Motor ops , if the EPA bust them then you are f*ck if you have any tuning isssues , thats what happened to PPEI

• 2 weeks later...

These S&B intakes look nice on our trucks; a friend of mine with a 2017 F250 just installed one on his, and said the same thing about the turbo whistle. I don’t think the modern diesels will whistle without a lot of cash thrown at ‘em. 

Besides a lower price point, is there any reason to get the S&B over the Banks? I’ve got to think any HP/torque difference between them would be negligible.

1 hour ago, Icutmetl said:

These S&B intakes look nice on our trucks; a friend of mine with a 2017 F250 just installed one on his, and said the same thing about the turbo whistle. I don’t think the modern diesels will whistle without a lot of cash thrown at ‘em. 

Besides a lower price point, is there any reason to get the S&B over the Banks? I’ve got to think any HP/torque difference between them would be negligible.

Yes you are right the only way is to put a ton of money , but i think its worth it lol. I went with the s&b because it looks nicer imo than the banks and because the banks you have to take out the box to replace the filter , on the s&b you dont , its all personal preference, but idk if they are getting better numbers 

• Like 1