Motorcycle batteries

Donstar

I inquired at a local bike shop that stocks Amsoil.  He also keeps Harley brand on hand for those customers who insist on oem branded oil.  He estimated that 9 out of every 10 of his Harley customers run Amsoil.  Amsoil it will be!!

16 hours ago, diyer2 said:

Cheaper most likely than buying at HD dealer.

Spend a $100 free shipping.

:)

Yeah hit up black02Silverado, Nick will hook you up

I love shopping for an item after I've purchased the same item.  I stopped in at my neighbourhood auto store (Canadian Tire) on my way home from the motorsports store and found they sold Red Line for about what I just paid for the Amsoil and they were selling their K & N filters for $5 less.  Next time...….    

On 3/3/2020 at 7:27 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

I have an Interstate in my 2005 FLH that replaced the OEM after four years. Just died. I'll be repeating. 

I installed the Interstate on Friday and it was an very, very tight fit.  I was worried that this would be a problem in the future so I removed it on Saturday to be sure it could be done!  It is not as easy as oem to re & re but it does fit.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

F.W.I.W.  Harley batteries are made by DEKA (East Penn). A DEKA branded battery is essentially a factory Harley battery, only less expensive. I have a Screamin' Eagle Ultra with the 110 inch engine and the DEKA battery spins it very well. I also run Red Line oil in the bike.

Edited by Jac365
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Usually, I noticed that motorcyclists prefer AGM batteries for Harley. I would suggest to go with Throttlex batteries. These are not only AGM ones but also consider a fine alternate of original Harley batteries. However, they are preferred for 1997 to 2016 motorcycle models. You can see more details about fine motorcycle batteries from here https://motoprove.com/best-motorcycle-battery. Withal, its your responsibility to check which battery meets also of your required specifications.

I am also a big fan of Chrome battery and it could also be a good fit for Harley motorbikes. It comes with digital display and yes you can safely mount it at any position. Hopefully, you will go with the best option.