Shopping a new 2020 AT4. Could use some help with pricing.

18 hours ago, msaul37 said:

one thing I've noticed with the gmsupplier website and the chevy website, is that when I've 'built' a truck on there and searched for local inventory, it shows a whole bunch of trucks that don't match what I built AT ALL, even though it says matches 100%. Also, some will say 'in transit', while it shows the dealership's picture of the truck..or it's been sold weeks ago and taken off the dealer's site, but still on gm's/chevy's.

yes those things are a joke....I put in gas engine and most I get are diesels

when you build most of what comes out aren't even close

I have been searching for an AT4 in a 250 mile radius of San Antonio. Dealers are not combining rebates with the interest free financing, but that was not expected. I wonder if the coming months, they’ll offer larger discounts to include financing.

I have been searching for an AT4 in a 250 mile radius of San Antonio. Dealers are not combining rebates with the interest free financing, but that was not expected. I wonder if the coming months, they’ll offer larger discounts to include financing.

Hiley Buick gmc in Dallas is offering close to $15k off AT4’s if you don’t mind making the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hotrodz37 said:

Hiley Buick gmc in Dallas is offering close to $15k off AT4’s if you don’t mind making the drive.

I was just browsing their website. They have a few with $15k off that are white (not a fan of that color). Debating on holding off for future incentives with the market.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 9:27 AM, CP312 said:

Wow. I’m thinking we will start seeing more of this. That’s even a touch over 20% off I think. I’m curious to see if they do a big discount like that plus 0% next month emoji848.pngemoji848.png

This is what I am waiting for, dealer discount, +rebate,+0%. If they offer this I am going to go try to purchase one

• Like 1

Little bummed. Dealer sold the truck out from under me today. It's not all their fault. I did tell him I was holding off right now given the current issues we have going on. The sales manager said when I'm ready they will be there. They weren't going to bug me anymore. Then I got a call at noon from them again. Saying they wanted to get this done. I called back a few hours later (that's my fault) and he said "oh sorry, it actually sold since I left you the message". Yet they still have my deposit and told me with that deposit no one can buy it. That's where I get mad.

2 hours ago, doolin64 said:

Little bummed. Dealer sold the truck out from under me today. It's not all their fault. I did tell him I was holding off right now given the current issues we have going on. The sales manager said when I'm ready they will be there. They weren't going to bug me anymore. Then I got a call at noon from them again. Saying they wanted to get this done. I called back a few hours later (that's my fault) and he said "oh sorry, it actually sold since I left you the message". Yet they still have my deposit and told me with that deposit no one can buy it. That's where I get mad.

what?.....I would be pissed, get your deposit back and shop elsewhere....if they lie about that than I wouldn't believe a word they say after that.....it maybe not sold either, sometimes a tactic they use.....car salesman are so sketchy....

throw a number out and make them come up with deal.....don't leave a deposit until you have number set and get it in writing....

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 2

If anyone near San Antonio/Austin area is looking for a new GMC/Buick - I will take care of you.  I work at Ancira Buick GMC in Boerne.  We are a smaller store, just outside of San Antonio - But we price aggressively.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dunn said:

what?.....I would be pissed, get your deposit back and shop elsewhere....if they lie about that than I wouldn't believe a word they say after that.....it maybe not sold either, sometimes a tactic they use.....car salesman are so sketchy....

throw a number out and make them come up with deal.....don't leave a deposit until you have number set and get it in writing....

Except he already had told them he was holding off on purchasing it...  The call was to give him a chance to change his mind.  What are they supposed to do, hold onto the truck for a couple months and hope he decides to buy it (and costing them money every day they have to hold onto it), when they have someone wanting to buy it today?

Once you tell them "I'm not buying it right now.", it ain't yours anymore.

He has NO reason to be mad at them.  The only thing he can be mad at them for, is if they don't give him back his deposit.

IMHO.

• Like 2

your right I totally misread that.....I wouldn't give them a deposit if I was gonna wait.....or at least have it communicated my deposit holds this vehicle for xxx amount of time

but yeah shouldn't have left a deposit in that circumstance....for some reason I was under impression you gave em deposit and very quickly the sold it....but it doesn't even read that way so idk wtf I was thinking....

• Like 1

I gave a deposit because they wanted it. I was walking out and they asked for it. While we work through the deal and I think about. I can't expect them to hold it for weeks. I told them it was ok to give me my deposit back. He just couldn't process it until Monday. I feel that was BS. It was just his way of still trying to keep me in the deal. Needless to say it's sold, no big deal. My only gripe was again was going on their word saying as long as I had a deposit on it, it was mine. So "technically" it should be mind until Monday. I'm really arguing semantics here. It's probably a blessing, I'd like to drive the 6.2 and 3.0 diesel before making my decision.

yeah never trust the dealer....ive had deals locked in only to find they changed 3hrs into it...and i walked

i did my last deal thru email/text...just went in to pick it up....pretty smooth

they want the deposit because now your locked into them in kind of a way.....

Edited by Dunn

I traded my 2018 Silverado LT AllStar and my 2020 Terrain SLE on a 2020 AT4 on Monday. Been wanting to get back to one vehicle for a long time. I had enough equity in my Silverado to basically offset my Terrain to almost break even. Small rebate, plus 0% for 84 plus a 4 month deferral. I walked out paying less a month for basically everything. Less payment, less insurance, etc. Also getting running boards for free and 3 extra oil changes on the house. I might have been able to do better, but I hit most of my goals on this deal and am satisfied. I consider it a blessing for sure. Never had a fully loaded vehicle before.

Plus uh....the truck is amazingly awesome. It’s been years since I took the “long route” to and from work just to enjoy a vehicle. I’m truly amazed at how good it drives and rides.