Removing Fog light trim

I wanted to show you guys the back and inside of the trim of the fog lights incase anyone is wanting to removed them for whatever reason. Im taking mine off because im having them painted (Still undecided on what color). I tried a matte black wrap to see what they would look like for now.  You want to start from the bottom with a long flat head screw driver and be very gently prying so you dont mess up the paint on your bumper. Take your time and work your way around and it will pop off. The black inser for the fog light comes off as one piece with the trim. You can remove it off the trim once the trim has been removed. 

WuJzdP.jpg[/IMG]0Y8BWk.jpgrTfK3R.jpg[/IMG]

aO7Bhh.jpg[/IMG]

QENsm0.jpg[/IMG]

rQ3s1K.jpg[/IMG]

HMppjX.jpg[/IMG]

0NUjw9.jpg[/IMG]

JbU2R5.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by amog4life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, amog4life said:

I wanted to show you guys the back and inside of the trim of the fog lights incase anyone is wanting to removed them for whatever reason. Im taking mine off because im having them painted (Still undecided on what color). You want to start from the bottom with a long flat head screw driver and be very gently prying so you dont mess up the paint on your bumper. Take your time and work your way around and it will pop off. The black inser for the fog light comes off as one piece with the trim. You can remove it off the trim once the trim has been removed. 

IMG_0662.jpg

Welcome to the site.

I personally think that you deserve an award for being brave enough to rip apart your new truck!!!

That is one of the best parts about this forum, is the courage to pull/rip/modify these new (expensive as hell) trucks apart  to see how they were built, and then make them your own "day two" truck!

Says a lot about the people in the GM family, the pride in ownership is alive and doing well, as long as we survive the Covid-19 crap.....

17 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Welcome to the site.

I personally think that you deserve an award for being brave enough to rip apart your new truck!!!

That is one of the best parts about this forum, is the courage to pull/rip/modify these new (expensive as hell) trucks apart  to see how they were built, and then make them your own "day two" truck!

Says a lot about the people in the GM family, the pride in ownership is alive and doing well, as long as we survive the Covid-19 crap.....

Hahaha well thanks man.

Ive been around cars my whole life so i love to get in there and see how stuff is made and be able to modify it. I will be taking out the Denali grill here soon as well and might make a video on it or take a lot of pictures as well. All these parts may be getting coated gloss black. Im actually new to the GMC world. I was always more of an import kind of guy and i was really struggling on getting a 2020 Tundra or the 2020 GMC. But the look of the GMC was just amazing and the Tech on them leaves the Tundra in the dust. So i went with the GMC Denali. Ill be posting more stuff as i start to take it apart. 

56 minutes ago, amog4life said:

Hahaha well thanks man.

Ive been around cars my whole life so i love to get in there and see how stuff is made and be able to modify it. I will be taking out the Denali grill here soon as well and might make a video on it or take a lot of pictures as well. All these parts may be getting coated gloss black. Im actually new to the GMC world. I was always more of an import kind of guy and i was really struggling on getting a 2020 Tundra or the 2020 GMC. But the look of the GMC was just amazing and the Tech on them leaves the Tundra in the dust. So i went with the GMC Denali. Ill be posting more stuff as i start to take it apart. 

You are very welcome.

Congratulations on your new truck!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...