Now this is a good looking retro

9 hours ago, spizike9 said:

For retro style trucks that one is awesome! Love the wheels!!!

That truck looks good, but I think the white should be taller. It looks a bit off, seems too narrow. It should follow the lines of the way the fender bulges out.

I agree that those retro wheels look good. Those are a throwback from '60's chevys. Chevelles, Camaros, vettes... 

Even the white "wagon" wheels on the other truck look good.

45 minutes ago, poconojoe said:

That truck looks good, but I think the white should be taller. It looks a bit off, seems too narrow. It should follow the lines of the way the fender bulges out.

I agree that those retro wheels look good. Those are a throwback from '60's chevys. Chevelles, Camaros, vettes... 

Even the white "wagon" wheels on the other truck look good.

I agree the the white should be wider and follow the fender lines better. 

1 hour ago, Eddie 70 said:

This thread just goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I’d never buy one of these trucks but I think it’s cool how they made them “retro” looking. I never liked the two tone look. 

This thread just goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I do threads like these to see what the trends are. What guys like and dont like. Obviously this retro look is never going to catch on and that's probably a good thing. It's grandpa look for sure. I'm a grandpa and I kind of like it but I think one color on top and another on bottom would look better than the one I showed.
One thing for sure, is most of you guys must not like any wheels larger than 22x12. And hey that's cool but if you go to any shows if you're not rolling on 24's you don't get much attention. 26's are currently at the top of the food chain. If you're not into show trucks that's fine but big wheels are in and that's a fact.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Two tone trucks were popular for quite awhile.  They were two colours of paint, not one with a decal.   I owned a "deluxe two tone" F100  and a red GMC with a white roof.  At the time,  the paint scheme was not a priority for me nor did they stand out.   I would welcome two tone as a factory option along with interior colour choices.  A black/white two tone with a red interior would be my choice!  Yes, I'm a grandpa but this just means I've had the pleasure of owning new trucks off the lot that we now wish  we could find!

I think the first truck was a good look for the most part. I would change the grill to chrome and possibly the front bumper for a true retro look. Also might change the blue to a silver or gray, but I like the originality of it for sure. And @dieselfan1 don’t forget about the big money wheels like 28’s & 30’s! They make 26’s look small lol

Edited by CovetedStyle

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2020 at 12:18 AM, CovetedStyle said:

I think the first truck was a good look for the most part. I would change the grill to chrome and possibly the front bumper for a true retro look. Also might change the blue to a silver or gray, but I like the originality of it for sure. And @dieselfan1 don’t forget about the big money wheels like 28’s & 30’s! They make 26’s look small lol

Looks great