Help! Wheels and tires/ truck drives like garbage.

9 hours ago, ausomecasey said:

I’m wanting to do this...and after researching, it seems like safest route and if you like current stock ride...the trail boss 2” lift, then swap the 2” rear block with a 1” block. 

Blocks are the cheap way to do it. Blocks cause axel wrap. A 1" block isn't going to be the end of the world, much like a 1" spacer on the front isn't going to be the end of the world. But you guys are jerry-rigging one of the most important components on a 50k vehicle. You can get a +1 leaf for a few hundred bucks. Better to do it right the first time. To each his own I guess... Leaf springs are already an inferior option to coil springs, no reason to make it even worse. 

Blocks are the cheap way to do it. Blocks cause axel wrap. A 1" block isn't going to be the end of the world, much like a 1" spacer on the front isn't going to be the end of the world. But you guys are jerry-rigging one of the most important components on a 50k vehicle. You can get a +1 leaf for a few hundred bucks. Better to do it right the first time. To each his own I guess... Leaf springs are already an inferior option to coil springs, no reason to make it even worse. 

He means to drop the rear 1”. Not add an inch. Going from 2” to 1” in the back “levels” the truck without putting more of an angle on the cv joints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17 minutes ago, Jav_eee said:

He means to drop the rear 1”. Not add an inch. Going from 2” to 1” in the back “levels” the truck without putting more of an angle on the cv joints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Misread it. You are correct my friend. 

@CP312 forgot to mention that if you don’t have a Trail Boss/AT4, you can always buy the GM factory lift which has new CV axles to accommodate the lift and longer struts up front, then just do a 1” block in the rear to level and you probably won’t need a longer rear shock for 1” of lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got an AT4 but I think I’ll forgo lifting it

I’ve got an AT4 but I think I’ll forgo lifting it

If that’s the case I wouldn’t recommend going over 1” in the front. That’s technically 3” from the standard 1500 and it only swapped out the CV axle not the control arms so ball joints will start wearing out quicker. I’ll probably do 1” spacer which normally any truck I get I do quality coil overs because of the damage/wear spacers can do to other parts. Your truck but that’s what I would do.

On 4/4/2020 at 6:56 AM, RadoPhan said:

If you want to lift it properly for offroad purposes then you should get an add a leaf or new leaf pack in the rear and a coil over setup in the front. 2” might be ok where you won’t mess up the CV angles and won’t need a new UCA. If you want it for looks, a 1” block in the rear isn’t that bad, but 2” block up front is too much in my opinion because it’ll take away 2” of travel on your shock which will cause your shock to max out easily. So get a simple strut and coil swap that isn’t as expensive as an adjustable coil over setup.

not only losing but also riding in a harsher/stiffer part of shocks valving more often than it was designed too...adj struts and coilovers are designed for it, these other types aren't....point out the pros and cons and let everyone decide for themselves...

not only losing but also riding in a harsher/stiffer part of shocks valving more often than it was designed too...adj struts and coilovers are designed for it, these other types aren't....point out the pros and cons and let everyone decide for themselves...

Yeah definitely better tuned for offroad purposes for sure. Hands down I’ve always recommended Kings and had them on my last truck. This is my first Chevy truck and just joined the forum and it seems like most here just get lifts for looks so I guess they’ll have to sacrifice a little to get what look they want. I myself would love to go Kings again but priorities change and I’d rather dump money on getting a side by side that will be way more fun offroad and just have a decent daily driver.

lifted trucks are what lowered trucks were in 80s-90s... it is mostly about looks for sure around here.....you don't know until you know kinda thing.....you never know where other end of keyboard is coming from... glad the guy is happy on his ride now and just needed a set of tires....ill never throw another puck in my truck, the kings are money

funny cuz first theing i look at on a truck is the suspension not the wheels or tires....