2018 covered in rust spots

I have a black 2018 silverado 1500 LTZ. 

Only has about 18k miles on it.

There are tons of tiny rust bubbles come through all over the truck!!! It is a lease and its still under warranty. This we be covered I assume?? 

1586014689597858967674674698980.jpg

Could be rail dust too.

Grab a clay bar and see if they will come off with that. Spray it down with detailer cleaner, clay bar the area and wipe away to see what you get.

10 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Could be rail dust too.

Grab a clay bar and see if they will come off with that. Spray it down with detailer cleaner, clay bar the area and wipe away to see what you get.

That's what it is . My black 2018 had this all over the bottom half of the truck. When I got it ceramic coated it took the guy an absurd amount of time to get it off. 

The dealer won't touch it .

Edited by dieselfan1

Normal not a mfg defect

Relax take deep breath

Buy some car detailing supplies (clay bar, iron remover, paint protection of your liking).

Spend a day get it looking good

Ryan B.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tbarn said:

Iron remover first though. Clay may pull out tiny pieces and scratch the paint.

For sure on the iron remover.

I'd try this stuff. Then clay bar. Then polish. Then wax it or use a sealer like  Meguiars 2.0.

You could always take it to get ceramic coated. They will take care of this along with any other paint defects. 

41OKHf9LiCL.jpg

56853_W3.jpg

6 hours ago, Colossus said:

Why?

Easier to keep clean. The main reason I did it was so I don't have to scrub the dirt off it. The less you touch the paint the better it will look down the road. Power wash and blow it dry with the leaf blower . Hit it with some detail spray. Done. Mint .

If you ever owned a black vehicle you would know how much work it is. Its an occupation.

BTW Colossus , Thanks for your service. ??

I try to thank everyone for their service when I find out they were in the military. It's a big deal to me.

Edited by dieselfan1

9 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Easier to keep clean. The main reason I did it was so I don't have to scrub the dirt off it. The less you touch the paint the better it will look down the road. Power wash and blow it dry with the leaf blower . Hit it with some detail spray. Done. Mint .

If you ever owned a black vehicle you would know how much work it is. Its an occupation.

BTW Colossus , Thanks for your service. ??

I try to thank everyone for their service when I find out they were in the military. It's a big deal to me.

Thank you for your kind words, but I was not in the service.  I just have a lot of love and appreciation to those who have.  I couldn't serve because of bad lungs and hearing.  I have spent some time as a contractor around the Navy. 

I do have a black truck and I appreciate the tips.  My concern is:  how well will this coat hold up in the long run?  I've seen things like clear bras on vehicles 5 years later that are pealing off and look like crap. Will this happen too? 

4 hours ago, Colossus said:

Thank you for your kind words, but I was not in the service.  I just have a lot of love and appreciation to those who have.  I couldn't serve because of bad lungs and hearing.  I have spent some time as a contractor around the Navy. 

I do have a black truck and I appreciate the tips.  My concern is:  how well will this coat hold up in the long run?  I've seen things like clear bras on vehicles 5 years later that are pealing off and look like crap. Will this happen too? 

Mine was done a little over a year ago. Still beads water like it did right after it was done.

Sure it has a few little marks here and there but it still looks new. My last black truck looked like crap after a couple years all swirly.