Bulbs for projector lights, and DRLs

I went with the Hylux 45W ballasts and Morimoto bulbs in my 14. Absolutely love them and no problems even in extreme cold (-40F)The ballasts are built better in my opinion than the morimoto. There are other people that will agree with me on that!

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hylux-hid-system-HS-Hylux?quantity=1

On 4/5/2020 at 3:57 PM, ullose272 said:

I currently have led bulbs in my 14 with projector headlights. They arent the best, i was thinking about going to HID bulbs but do the DRL (which is the low beam bulb) work with HID bulbs?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yes

From experience: Phillips bulbs didnt do anything for me. I currently have the Morimoto 55w kit and its nice but i was giving me issues after 2 years. Good thing is they basically warrantied me for both ballasts and ignitors, all working good now.

I would say get the 5500 Hylux/Morimoto setup. Its cheaper and have heard great things, you wouldn't get the same amount of light from another regular bulb. 

Edited by Ozer

I'm Using xenon depots extreme 35w HID with 5000k bulbs, no problems. The reason I went with it is there is no need for a relayed harness even though its included you just need to add the PWM option to your kit. I'm also using there LED pro in my high beams for instant on. 

https://www.xenondepot.com/H11-HID-Kit-Xtreme-HID-XT-H11?quantity=1

• 3 weeks later...

You dont want led bulbs in them. The 14-15 ltz projectors have dimpled lenses which sort of diffuses the light. So hid is the best option. I also have the 50w Morimoto Elite 6500k bulbs. It's fantastic. Have I had failures, yes, as almost anything could. But I wouldnt trade them for anything. I also upgraded my fogs to Diode Dynamics SL1 led lights. But I've since upgraded my fogs to Rigid SAE cube fogs and Rigid hyper spot cubes. Both in factory location.

20191226_145750.jpg

20200111_202913.jpg

20200111_202556.jpg

Edited by RACERX7775