Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

Well mainly not going right now because the US / Canada border is closed to not essential travel. I can fly but I can't drive. That is the main reason. If the border opens we may try a few months later on.

Well! That certainly a good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my last cell phone about 5 yrs ago and my wife has had good service from her phone for over 10 years.聽 Our internet provider is offering an unbeatable deal on cell service so we decided it was time to upgrade our service and phones.聽 I knew this would be a time consuming task but I'll never get more time than I have now! ?聽The task had an added variable of us purchasing聽identical, unlocked phones.聽聽I spent an inordinate amount of time researching and sorting through the myriad of available choices.聽 As with everything these days, I'm in no rush!聽 聽Thursday, we made our decision and were both delighted with our choice.聽 Friday morning I was up at 4:30am personalizing my phone.聽 I went on a quick errand around 9:00am and dropped my brand new phone on the driveway upon my return.聽 The lens shattered and casing was bruised.聽 The height of the drop was from the seat of my truck and the phone was completely covered in the holster I often clip to my belt.聽 (I'm old)聽 聽I keep thinking of my last phone flying off the back of my motorcycle in this same case without receiving any marks.聽 This happened twice before I changed my habits.聽 聽I spent so much time making sure we were up to date with technology and聽I didn't think to compare physical strength between phones.聽 Anyway, a new lens has been ordered by our local cell phone repair shop and heavy duty protective cover is coming from Amazon.聽 It just goes to show you that you can't judge a cover by its book!!!聽 (sorry)聽 Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!

• Haha 1

I bought my last cell phone about 5 yrs ago and my wife has had good service from her phone for over 10 years.聽 Our internet provider is offering an unbeatable deal on cell service so we decided it was time to upgrade our service and phones.聽 I knew this would be a time consuming task but I'll never get more time than I have now! [emoji6]聽The task had an added variable of us purchasing聽identical, unlocked phones.聽聽I spent an inordinate amount of time researching and sorting through the myriad of available choices.聽 As with everything these days, I'm in no rush!聽 聽Thursday, we made our decision and were both delighted with our choice.聽 Friday morning I was up at 4:30am personalizing my phone.聽 I went on a quick errand around 9:00am and dropped my brand new phone on the driveway upon my return.聽 The lens shattered and casing was bruised.聽 The height of the drop was from the seat of my truck and the phone was completely covered in the holster I often clip to my belt.聽 (I'm old)聽 聽I keep thinking of my last phone flying off the back of my motorcycle in this same case without receiving any marks.聽 This happened twice before I changed my habits.聽 聽I spent so much time making sure we were up to date with technology and聽I didn't think to compare physical strength between phones.聽 Anyway, a new lens has been ordered by our local cell phone repair shop and heavy duty protective cover is coming from Amazon.聽 It just goes to show you that you can't judge a cover by its book!!!聽 (sorry)聽 Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!

I have an iPhone 5. My second one. My wife bought an 11. It took her 5. I hate it the facial recognition feature plus completely different from my 5. My local battery plus location can service the battery and lens. I use my phone for everything. As a computer, music, gps, everything. It鈥檚 small enough to live in my pocket or on my cradle in my rides. I don鈥檛 want or need a phone as big as a notebook. I can even and do watch tv on it when not at home. Long live the iPhone 5.

Our stage in life and having children living in other countries prevented us from having family at our Thanksgiving meal we enjoyed last night.聽 Covid kept friends and neighbors in their own homes.聽 This did not prevent Mrs. Donstar from preparing a Turkey dinner like we were entertaining a full family gathering.聽 Dinner was fabulous and eaten while we sat in our recliners enjoying each other and our memories. I know Thanksgiving is over a month away for most members of this forum but I wish to share my experience.聽 聽I can honestly tell you, without reservation, that funneling all of the love and effort generally intended for many into each other made for an unforgettably enjoyable and powerfully moving experience.聽 In anticipation of the event your mind tells you that you need to have others at your meal.聽 Your planning is consumed with thoughts of how to make the event special for your guests. Allow yourself the freedom to focus your attention on the one(s) in your home who mean the most.聽 You may surprise yourself with a most unforgettably fabulous event!聽 We did!

• Like 1

Do to recent developments. The realization that the flu is more dangerous than covid to people under 65. My thanksgiving will be normal. With the exception of my 83 old mother in law. Damn.[emoji1787]I have a question though. Maybe the wrong place, sorry. How long is Covid season? I鈥檝e gotten the flu after flu and cold season. Just wondering.[emoji3166]

• Haha 1

Well mainly not going right now because the US / Canada border is closed to not essential travel. I can fly but I can't drive. That is the main reason. If the border opens we may try a few months later on.

Definitely watching this closely. I have a machine run off in December in Windsor, luckily we are considered essential. Otherwise it might be a video conference.

Ryan B.

I have become a little more obsessive聽over annoyances now that I have the time to follow-up on such issues.聽 聽My mantra once upon a time was "Don't sweat the small stuff".聽 聽My truck has run flawlessly but several months ago, a random clunk was causing me concern.聽 It hasn't happened for awhile but I wanted it addressed before my powertrain warranty expired.聽 I had it checked again on Saturday.聽 The tech commented, "no faults seen at this time.".聽 There was no mention of my "clunk" concern on the work order and the inspection was visual.聽 聽This response was inconsistent with the level of my concern over a potential future major problem.聽 I decided to compose a lengthy note to聽the service manager and politely express my disappointment over such a cursory investigation into my problem.聽 聽Well, he must read this forum because the first thing he wants me to do is to bring the truck back for a re-torque of the leaf springs!聽 If I wasn't an avid fan of this forum, I would have thought this to be a bizarre response!聽 Anyway, he assured me if this doesn't help, they'll proceed to the next step.聽 聽Now, at least, I'm in their sequence of events to eradicate my phantom clunk!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Donstar said:

聽 I decided to compose a lengthy note to聽the service manager and politely express my disappointment over such a cursory investigation into my problem.聽 聽

Honey works nearly every time ?

I use a the dealership for almost nothing but recalls and even then, only if it's something I or my "trusted" local shop can't handle or I can't live without. I've heard there are good dealerships out there. I just haven't ever experienced one that doesn't lie from the heart, abuse my equipment and ignore my request/concerns and/or blame me for crap they break.聽I'm old and that's allot of attempts so I envy those who have a solid relationship with their dealer.

On this spring 'clunk' or 'popping' noise聽we traced mine to the front spring perch rubber isolator slip/stick motion when it's wet. Naturally the drivers side so the gas tank has to come down so after a few of those....I live with it. Only happens a few times a year in the rain mainly.聽

• Like 1

"I live with it. Only happens a few times a year"聽 I do/will too but will enjoy the thrill of the hunt.聽 It usually聽requires a new challenge to let the old one drop.聽 Right now I've found myself preoccupied with a brand new broken cell phone!聽 聽Shattering the screen 18 hours after purchase has rendered me very knowledgeable about cell phone screen replacement!聽 It absolutely amazes me how popular it is to break your cell phone screen!聽 This is the first one I've broken in 22 years of carrying a cell phone but there are businesses in my small city that thrive on repairing dropped phones!聽聽

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Okay this is weird. My last post above was suppose to be posted to the spring popping thread. My history does not even show this post above in the log for Thursday or any other day.聽

Weird but it fit.聽聽

• Haha 1

So the wife has decided 'we' need to do something about this COIVID-15 (plus) we've each put on. Doc suggested some form of the mini fast method which in all reality is calorie聽restriction. Started around the first of the month and so far I've lost 12 pounds. I can't do a true fast as some of my medications require food but on those days I eat something like an apple and a few nuts just before pill time and it seems to work okay.聽

This thing started with a three day fast. Just water. Then we eat for 3 and fast 1. Me being me, I've been keeping charts. I'll warn you up front about dieting with your spouse. Men just loose weight faster than women and they get testy about it.聽:crackup:

This has got me back in the kitchen. Not sure that's a good thing. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

So the wife has decided 'we' need to do something about this COIVID-15 (plus) we've each put on. Doc suggested some form of the mini fast method which in all reality is calorie聽restriction. Started around the first of the month and so far I've lost 12 pounds. I can't do a true fast as some of my medications require food but on those days I eat something like an apple and a few nuts just before pill time and it seems to work okay.聽

This thing started with a three day fast. Just water. Then we eat for 3 and fast 1. Me being me, I've been keeping charts. I'll warn you up front about dieting with your spouse. Men just loose weight faster than women and they get testy about it.聽:crackup:

This has got me back in the kitchen. Not sure that's a good thing. ?

Congratulations on your loss!聽 We struggle with the Covid15 as well and I'm going to share your plan with the best half.聽 I chuckled with the loss discrepancy between you and your wife because this has periodically caused frustration in our house. Losing a pound requires a far greater commitment from her.聽聽聽I love the TV commercials of all the unfulfilled weight loss and personal improvement goals generated by more home time during聽this pandemic. Guilt is a powerful motivator!聽 聽 I'll start tomorrow....?

• Haha 1

Congratulations on your loss!聽 We struggle with the Covid15 as well and I'm going to share your plan with the best half.聽 I chuckled with the loss discrepancy between you and your wife because this has periodically caused frustration in our house. Losing a pound requires a far greater commitment from her.聽聽聽I love the TV commercials of all the unfulfilled weight loss and personal improvement goals generated by more home time during聽this pandemic. Guilt is a powerful motivator!聽 聽 I'll start tomorrow....[emoji6]聽

The wife and I got back to weigh watchers just before the covid. We also added 15 hour fasting. I lost 20 lbs my wife 7. I have my eggs at 10 fruit smoothie at 1. 5-6 dinner. I鈥檓 a grazer my go to snack is thin pretzels along with apples and frozen cherries. Keeps me sane. Saturday nights are eating out and a little bad nights. Sometimes we split a bad meal. Such as chicken fried rib eye. And a treat at home. I used to drink margaritas when I had my drink treat. Now it鈥檚 flavored whiskey and a couple of pretzels. I don鈥檛 feel like I鈥檓 on a diet. The little things butter, creamer, salad dressing are things that really matter. My only real miss is bread. I got use to it.