Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

A rocking camper can be used to describe a good experience. ? However,聽 pulling and/or sleeping in a camper would be horrible when tornados are in the area. Glad you're home safe!

• Like 1

I saw on the news yesterday where a local company is making non-surgical masks with a printed picture of the part of your face being covered.聽 Interesting!聽 I am hoping the mask thing passes and doesn't become accepted as normal in the long term.聽 I have used one on occasion but only as needed.聽 Watching drivers with no passengers wearing masks leads me to believe some must like the look and feel! 聽 Removing her/his mask will need to be added to going through the bases. ?

So lots of yard work. Spectracide is my weed killer of choice when they become to many to hand dig. Problem however. Spray these pesky Dandy-Lions and the greenery dies....eventually...but the stalks and flowers continue to maturity. Anyone have an idea what's happening? C-mon people put that COVID idle brain to use. Brother needs some help. :)

9 hours ago, Donstar said:

I saw on the news yesterday where a local company is making non-surgical masks with a printed picture of the part of your face being covered.聽 Interesting!聽 I am hoping the mask thing passes and doesn't become accepted as normal in the long term.聽 I have used one on occasion but only as needed.聽 Watching drivers with no passengers wearing masks leads me to believe some must like the look and feel! 聽 Removing her/his mask will need to be added to going through the bases. ?

I've seen for years, drivers wearing masks. Most of them (if not all) are of Asian descent.

Maybe they knew it all along that the ****** will hit the fan eventually...;)

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 1

3 hours ago, j-ten-ner said:

I've seen for years, drivers wearing masks. Most of them (if not all) are of Asian descent.

Maybe they knew it all along that the ****** will hit the fan eventually...;)

so long

j-ten-ner

Yes, me too, but never thought they would become mainstream!聽 I took a couple of pairs of jeans to a tailor today to be shortened.聽 They had a huge display of masks聽 produced.by the tailor to keep busy during slow times. 聽聽 I told them I have a big head and masks pull too hard on my ears.聽 Unfortunately,聽 they produced a large size with a variety of patterns just for people like me....聽 . My new mask will compliment my wardrobe nicely!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of days ago while filling my bike, my helmet that was hanging on my mirror decided to go for a bounce.聽 Upon inspection for scars, I happened to notice that 10 yrs have slipped by since purchase.聽 Once I told my wife that my helmet has passed its best before date and that all helmets come with a do not drop warning she insisted that I buy a new one for myself for Father's Day from her. 聽 What a shopping experience this is with Covid19 restrictions!聽 The sales staff make sure you're serious before trying on a prospective purchase.聽 I've always owned an open faced helmet but it is very evident that this is now a very unpopular choice.聽 I have tried to research for information that supports open face helmets but perceptions have changed. 聽 An open faced helmet is better than no helmet is what I've found, but so is an outdated helmet!聽 My searches/shopping have led me to retro styled full face helmets.聽 I wear glasses and my brain is housed in a "2X" head so the search has limitations.聽 Supply is also severely impacted by Covid 19.聽 "Torc T1" has caught my attention and wondering if you have suggestions.

4 hours ago, Donstar said:

A couple of days ago while filling my bike, my helmet that was hanging on my mirror decided to go for a bounce.聽 Upon inspection for scars, I happened to notice that 10 yrs have slipped by since purchase.聽 Once I told my wife that my helmet has passed its best before date and that all helmets come with a do not drop warning she insisted that I buy a new one for myself for Father's Day from her. 聽 An open faced helmet is better than no helmet is what I've found, but so is an outdated helmet!

Your post jogged my memory. When I first got my bike, I had a full face, but I remembered it rotated open, so I went downstairs and found it. It's a Fulmer Modus AF-M. The jaw portion has a button you can press to rotate it up and wear it like an open face helmet.

15897550970151957984416.jpg

Edited by 99silveradoz71
Add photo
  • Like 1

Thanks!聽 This is a great looking helmet.聽 I tried on a modular similar to this but I'm hoping to find something lighter and more basic.聽 I like the look of a traditional 3/4 helmet but now seeking chin protection.聽 The retro style full face helmets look promising!

17 hours ago, 99silveradoz71 said:

I wore that to/from work on the interstate, then my chrome half if I was on the surface streets near home.

Perfect!聽 I think I'll buy two new helmets.聽 I see some inexpensive DOT compliant 1/2 helmets that would be perfect for those in town short outings! 聽

I had non-surgical masks accessible for the past month or two but have only used one on a few occasions.聽 I've owned two that were handmade and a box of disposables.聽 They were all tight around my ears and uncomfortable to wear.聽 I fully appreciate the value in wearing one but avoided such need. 聽 Yesterday, a friend sent me a mask made by a retired nurse.聽 She obviously knows what it is like to work for hours while wearing a mask! 聽 My new mask is a good fit, looks decent, and doesn't require constant adjustment.聽 I will gladly wear this new mask where maintaining social distance will be problematic.聽 If the look and/or feel of a mask is preventing you from using one on a regular basis, then keep trying different configurations. There are options for us who don't fall under the standard fit category! .聽 Others wearing a mask is for your benefit.聽 I initially thought people wearing masks was weird and unnecessary but now, at the very least, I see it as a kind gesture by a caring person.聽 The bravado聽 assumed by walking through a crowd bare faced today is increasingly seen as a selfish act.聽 A person wearing a mask in public venues is actually more respectable and approachable, imo!

It is funny how when you're not allowed to do shop in a specific store, you want to shop there more than ever!聽 Local businesses are open but have strict distancing requirements.聽 I find myself looking for times when the lineup is short.聽 I went to a second-hand building supply store yesterday that was by appointment only and a 20 min. time allotment.聽 They took me as a standby.聽 Since re-opening their business has been strong and steady.聽 I imagine the new setup attracts the more serious shoppers and reduces the number of those looking for a warm/cool building with a clean bathroom! 聽 There certainly are some impressive efficiencies and order that have resulted from this pandemic.聽 It has been a long while since I've seen anyone openly try to buck protocols! 聽

Watching the six o'clock news on Memorial聽 (or Victoria Day) long weekend's crowded parks and beaches I think portrays an inaccurate picture of how we have changed. 聽 I had to run to the Drug store immediately after the news yesterday.聽 The Drug store was in a mall and I was able to keep at least six feet聽 away from everyone and there were "spotters" everywhere to make sure I remained safe and respected the guidelines.聽 This new normal is definitely working well in my city and I believe this is not the exception.聽 As an aside, it was interesting to see that this drug store had hand sanitizer as a daily special! 聽