Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

10 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Require mask wearing. That should be part of temporary guidelines. Stores should have signs out, no mask no entry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service

:) 

• Like 1

Left handed catcher?

Believe it or not we have two LH Catchers on our team. Much more common nowadays. They are both backups, he won’t be a catcher forever. Mainly 1B, pitch and OF

Ryan B.

2 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Believe it or not we have two LH Catchers on our team. Much more common nowadays. They are both backups, he won’t be a catcher forever. Mainly 1B, pitch and OF

Ryan B.

Two lefties, pretty cool, I know it would have been killing me at his age not playing games right now.

Missing baseball, and all sports badly right now.

It’s awful. The kids are dying to play. Can’t practice all we can do is zoom chats weekly. Kids like it but they wanna play and it’s hard to explain to them

Ryan B.

21 hours ago, KARNUT said:

And then there was three. At one point during this pandemic I had 6 vehicles. Way too much to take care of. If I didn’t have a big yard, no problem. Gave our 06 Elantra to my grandson. Sold the 92 Chevy truck. It was going to be a keeper. I found a cherry Avalanche. 2017 Camry sold it. The Genesis was just sitting. To nice of a car to sit. The collector car 01 Acura Type R ( I can’t believe it either) goes to auction soon. Then there will be two. I’ve always had a toy. Will see how that works.

We don't have a lot of spare vehicles, but a car, truck and motorcycle are more than we need.   They are all in good shape and paid for but the insurance premiums may put one or two of these on the chopping block soon!    It would be nice if somehow I could pay one premium as I only drive one vehicle at a time!  (It is an extremely rare situation when we will need two on the road at the same time.)  The "new normal" will undoubtedly impact our thoughts in this regard. ? 

We don't have a lot of spare vehicles, but a car, truck and motorcycle are more than we need.   They are all in good shape and paid for but the insurance premiums may put one or two of these on the chopping block soon!    It would be nice if somehow I could pay one premium as I only drive one vehicle at a time!  (It is an extremely rare situation when we will need two on the road at the same time.)  The "new normal" will undoubtedly impact our thoughts in this regard. [emoji6] 

I always thought they should insure the person. Along with the most expensive car they own. Can’t wait to sell the Acura. I don’t enjoy driving it. Or owning a vehicle that considered a collector any more. There was a time I had three. I was always thrifty. Except with cars. I am there finally.

On 4/18/2020 at 7:57 AM, Donstar said:

We don't have a lot of spare vehicles, but a car, truck and motorcycle are more than we need.   They are all in good shape and paid for but the insurance premiums may put one or two of these on the chopping block soon!    It would be nice if somehow I could pay one premium as I only drive one vehicle at a time!  (It is an extremely rare situation when we will need two on the road at the same time.)  The "new normal" will undoubtedly impact our thoughts in this regard. ? 

Consider speaking with your insurance provider about placing an unused vehicle in storage. My Cadillac is in storage in Laramie, and my insurance premium is much less. 

Sir Spoiled has not experienced much change. Shopping is a bit annoying because I have to adjust my hours, but I have had little issue getting in. I've changed stores in the name of convenience, and it has been kind of nice. Traffic has dropped noticeably. 

A large majority of service items for Clyde come from eBay via GM dealers, and the local dealer is open, so my hobby is very largely unaffected. I love going on highway drives around WY, so I can continue with that. Just no restaurant stops. Small things, but this too shall pass. 

I work at the hospital in town, we have to wear masks with patient care, but that's about it. No overtime, but I'm getting full regular hours. Just feels like a cut hahaha. All the COVID patients are quarantined off in units away from mine, so that;s cool. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

Consider speaking with your insurance provider about placing an unused vehicle in storage. My Cadillac is in storage in Laramie, and my insurance premium is much less. 

Sir Spoiled has not experienced much change.

Thanks for the response.  A couple of years ago I switched to insuring my motorcycle for 8 months instead of 12.  ( I do keep year round comprehensive insurance on the bike. )   I do use all three vehicles but definitely could get  by with one.  Mrs. Donstar will not drive the truck (or motorcycle) so the problem is really mine.  ?   If I give up on either, the chances of getting another later are slim or none! 

I'm with you in that not a lot of hardship has happened in comparison to many other people.  We may not be suffering in the same way as so many others but we are all experiencing many changes.  I still find it strange going for a walk.  I have a noticeable struggle to my walk so it is usually oncoming walkers who will take a detour around me whereas they once would have remained close and wished me a good day.  The really noticeable part of this is if people do come close.  I see it as a threat rather than an act of friendliness! 

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

The really noticeable part of this is if people do come close.  I see it as a threat rather than an act of friendliness! 

True! I went into a local place I use to do the 'old man' coffee clutch at to pick up some lunch. A waitress I've known for years ran up to me (having not seen me in awhile) and I backed up hard. She stopped and held out an elbow laughing. "Got' ya"!, she giggled. 

• Like 1

Well I finally did it. After finding my daughters old clippers ( she’s a barber) I cut my hair. I have a beard trimmer and been trimming around the ears. My wife trimmed around the back 2 weeks ago. You know how it is when something rattles around in your head and you finally do it. I put the longest extension on. Used it like combing my hair. The mirror part was tricky. Looks like a reg hair cut. No, no pictures.

• Like 2

For decades I had hair to mid back. Then I got old. It' turned gray, It turned curly. Then it turned loose. There is only so large a hole in the back of your head you can cover with a ponytail, so I cut it about 10 years ago to a business length. No military whitewalls, no combovers here. So now that I have an excuse to let it grow......yea..... :) 

I'm still working full time from home so the only extra time I have to fill is the ~40 minutes a day I would have spent commuting. I'm mostly making up for it with walks with our dog in the evenings. My wife has been off for 5 and a half weeks and bounces from one interest to another.

• Like 2

I'd love to get the boat ready for the season.

I'd love to clean my truck inside -out.

I'd love to fix the E-brake on the Chrysler.

I'd love to give my place a thorough cleaning....

....but I'm busier than ever at work.

I have one operator coming back on Monday. Maybe I can catch a break then.

But wait, we're so far behind with our contract work, it's probably not happening.

?

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 2

We have a wonderful provincial health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry.   I admire her calm, knowledgeable, respectful answers to the tough questions. Her responses are factual and non-partisan.  She speaks in a positive manner, but doesn't downplay the severity or try to win your vote.   I know from the media that the other provincial health officers are also doing an equally admirable job.  They keep their public informed and are implementing appropriate health orders and/or regulations.   I am sure each state has a comparable champion.  I accept the fact that things have changed and won't be fixed by returning to a previous normal.   We may have reduced the rate of spread in many areas but the virus is still spreading.  This rate will only be further reduced by even stricter measures or a cure.  The "open back up"  mantra suggests a lot more listening still needs to happen.  The information is out there.  My next door neighbour is a young family and are out of work due to Covid 19.   Unfortunately his  work wasn't the sort that can be done from home.  The family is in serious financial trouble and have a grandparent in palliative care.   They are truly inspirational and lead the block in nightly shout-outs to front line workers and post huge hearts in their windows.  They spend their spare time running errands or doing small jobs for neighbours.  Both parents are actively looking for ways to keep a warm, loving home for their kids and not waiting to go back to a job that may not exist in the future.  We in turn look for ways to support them in their efforts!   We all have to do our part to beat this pandemic.  Some have to do more than others but we all need to pitch-in.  An over the fence conversation yesterday informed me that their BBQ bit the dust.  I have a good one that is no longer in use.  Guess what I plan to do today?   I am so appreciative that I am able to consider such an idea and appreciate being surrounded by people that make me want to give!

• Like 2