Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

Motorized chairs are great for those who are unable to cover distance or simply not safe/unable to walk. Also great for temporary use until one gets their strength back. My mom used a motorized chair for about 6 months, over 6 years ago. I made sure she continued to walk as much as possible around the house and she started in a physical rehab program. As she gained strength and stability, the chair was often unused. Used so in frequently when the batteries died, it stayed parked. Never used it after that. Guess I'll keep it for my use if necessary in the future, If you do get the upwalker model, post a review.

Edited by txab
  • Like 2

On 9/8/2021 at 7:34 AM, pokismoki said:

Great film!聽 Some of the pre-drone photography is spectacular!聽 I really enjoy the time I have searching YouTube for gems like this.聽 Thank you for sharing!聽 I wasn't driving yet in 1959聽 but was old enough to have a keen interest in cars and dragsters!

• Like 2

The kiss as part of the prize award, like the cars, are examples of how we've changed.聽 I noticed that one of the comments under the video was from a person who says he wished he could go back to that time.聽 聽I could argue a desire to go back in my age at聽that time but not to the era!聽 It is nice how our minds will hold the fond memories of the past but will often bury the bad ones deeper!聽 聽We have an elderly neighbour who is spending a lot of time being angry about being old and spends an inordinate amount聽of time talking about herself in the past.聽 I love the analogy of the windshield and the rear-view mirror.聽 聽We need to use them proportionately.聽 Even when you're old, there is plenty of reason to look forward and ways to make memories.聽 Covid19 really challenged the memory making for us but we made sure that we, our children and our grand children will have positive memories of this stage in our lives!

Anger is a natural reaction to thief is it not? She had her youth, strength and soon her life stolen from her. Her reaction is shared by many and more so by those who have little or no faith is God's power and his willingness聽to restore it all.

(Heb 11:6)聽

• Like 1

I agree that anger can be justified if you believe youth was taken from you.聽 I look at retirement and old age as a bonus.聽 Most of us who have lived聽past mid-life know聽others who were not so fortunate.聽 I know you can look forward even when the end is near.聽 I have the privilege of having a friend 20 years my senior who was recently advised her time left on earth is soon coming to an end.聽 Everyone around her are falling apart but she is as jovial as ever.聽 If I tell her I'm stopping at McDonald's to buy her a coffee and muffin she treats it like I was inviting her to Disneyland!聽 聽I had another friend who died recently that kept saying how excited she was at the prospect of being with her late husband!聽 I know my turn will come someday and I will continue to keep my sights forward, with nods to the past, until that day! 馃槈

• Like 1

The past few posts have sparked some talk about the past and this morning I found myself musing聽 at 聽a timely comparison of past and present.聽聽 On Monday we will have to show our "vaccine passports" to eat indoors at restaurants.聽 This is a simple, free download of a QR code for your phone or you can ask for a free printed copy.聽 聽Some people are livid about this and most others, like me,聽welcome this added layer of prevention.聽 聽What made me chuckle is the trip down memory lane to the early 70's when "No shirt, No shoes, No service" became common聽signage in restaurants.聽 This was actually a hot聽issue for some of my peers at the time!聽 (I'm sure history makes them smile at themselves too.)聽 The solution in the 70's was not complicated.聽 If one of us didn't have a shirt or refused to wear one, we didn't include a visit to a restaurant (or that individual) in our plans!聽 I continue to follow suggestions and regulations by our health officers.聽 聽Throughout this pandemic聽 most non-homecooked meals聽 were聽takeout.聽 This has translated to at least one extra evening at home per week but now聽will be adding聽dining out to our plans!

• Like 1

My wife will not get the shot. I think she should. But it鈥檚 her choice. I鈥檓 not for mandates. I am for keeping people comfortable. If the shot protects the takers they shouldn鈥檛 have to worry about the non. I believe sooner or later everyone will get it. Even though I had the shot. If I have to produce a card, I鈥檓 leaving.

I don't know every rule in every location but when my children were going to school there were rules regarding vaccines. If you didn't have you full compliment of 'listed vaccines' you didn't get to go to school. We were happy to feel safe knowing we were at low risk of polio, rubella and a list of others. I don't remember anyone storming the school in rebellion.聽馃

Home schooling is an option as well.

I as well remember "no shoes, no shirt, no service" signs. I also don't remember anyone bold enough to storm the counter demanding to be feed while naked.聽

People get all heated up over their demands for 'absolute freedom' without consideration of what that might mean. NO law, no courts, no remedy, no conscience, no order.....pure chaos........聽

No gravity, no physics....no math....no communication......everything has rules and boundaries. Even God abides by his own rules. Humans are funny creatures. No one has absolute freedom.聽

No shoes no shirt no service is for indoor 聽 dining service. Its a look, liability rule for the most part. Drive up widows, outdoor like on the board walk have different rules. Common sense applies with that rule. With the covid vaccine there鈥檙e聽not one size fits all. It鈥檚 not good for people under 12. There鈥檚 some questions for young adults. Heart inflammation has been a concern for young adults. My 40 year old daughter was advised against the vaccine. She got the bug. Therapeutics fixed her up. Her husband never left her side in the hospital. He never got the bug. There something about blood types. My nephew got the bug recently. His wife and two kids didn鈥檛. My son and his three kids got mild cases, his wife nothing. We are still not getting the full story. 65 and older definitely get the shot, I did. 40-60 healthy questionable. 20 and under I wouldn鈥檛 get near it. 12 and under I鈥檇 move first.聽

It is no big deal to show a restaurant employee a QR code on my phone but it is totally up to me to leave if聽I find it inconvenient.聽 It really is a head scratcher how such a choice can be upsetting to anyone! 聽 My wife and I are both fully-vaccinated but we didn't roll up our sleeves blindly.聽 Fortunately we had considerable waiting time聽 for our turn and were ready at our first opportunity.聽 I know many didn't have the kind of time that we did, but by now everyone should be "on board".聽 聽We knew that we can't complain if we're not part of the solution.聽 Doing nothing is seldom a solution to a serious threat!聽 I suspect the actual anxiety of having a needle may be a deterrent for some.聽聽 I remember coordinating annual flu shots at work.聽 I had one staff member who could survive in the woods for weeks with only a pocket knife but would faint at the anticipation of receiving a flu shot!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Donstar said:

It is no big deal to show a restaurant employee a QR code on my phone but it is totally up to me to leave if聽I find it inconvenient.聽 It really is a head scratcher how such a choice can be upsetting to anyone! 聽 My wife and I are both fully-vaccinated but we didn't roll up our sleeves blindly.聽 Fortunately we had considerable waiting time聽 for our turn and were ready at our first opportunity.聽 I know many didn't have the kind of time that we did, but by now everyone should be "on board".聽 聽We knew that we can't complain if we're not part of the solution.聽 Doing nothing is seldom a solution to a serious threat!聽 I suspect the actual anxiety of having a needle may be a deterrent for some.聽聽 I remember coordinating annual flu shots at work.聽 I had one staff member who could survive in the woods for weeks with only a pocket knife but would faint at the anticipation of receiving a flu shot!

I think the problem is for the people who already had the covid. Why get the shot too? In Texas most restaurants have mask available and hand sanitizer. It鈥檚 about 50-50. We鈥檙e heading to a medical staff shortage. The heroes of yesterday are turning into outlaws today. Simply for not wanting to get vaccine. So if the vaccine is the bees knees you got it, your good to go. To keep in line with the thread. I鈥檓 three weeks past our trip. No covid. Although about 10 of my family members who stayed at home got it. Two hospitalized one for a week. One overnight got the covid. All recovered.

14 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I think the problem is for the people who already had the covid. Why get the shot too?

Just because you had cancer once doesn't mean you can't get it again

But yes I understand what you are trying to say. Boss has the same feeling, he had covid so he thinks he is good. Just because you got sick once doesn't make you immune but it does help.