Keyless Entry Keypad

Does anyone know if the new style keypad will work on the 2019 Sierra 1500’s? When I look it up in GMC’s site, it shows the old version for the 2019’s and the new version for the 2020’s. Any reason that the new one wouldn’t work on my 2019?

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/keyless-entry-keypad-84182981?year=2020&make=GMC&model=Sierra%201500&modelId=548&body=Crew%20Cab%20Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short%20Box&wheelId=651&trim=SLT&trimId=296&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=5.3L%20V8%20GAS&engineId=2059&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=98031

3d4c46347f42cb94d40cd3bd787e0378.jpg

55 minutes ago, bamorris2 said:

Does anyone know if the new style keypad will work on the 2019 Sierra 1500’s? When I look it up in GMC’s site, it shows the old version for the 2019’s and the new version for the 2020’s. Any reason that the new one wouldn’t work on my 2019?

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/keyless-entry-keypad-84182981?year=2020&make=GMC&model=Sierra%201500&modelId=548&body=Crew%20Cab%20Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short%20Box&wheelId=651&trim=SLT&trimId=296&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=5.3L%20V8%20GAS&engineId=2059&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=98031

That kit is 2020 only.

The 2019 new body kit is 23473341.  Your dealer will have to call their ADI to order it or order it direct from GM. 

There is a frequency difference between the two kits.    

Edited by newdude

That kit is 2020 only.

The 2019 new body kit is 23473341.  Your dealer will have to call their ADI to order it or order it direct from GM. 

There is a frequency difference between the two kits.    

Well poop! The older style is pretty hideous and not something I would want installed on my truck.

Thank you for the info though.

I've debating if I'm going to do it or not. Apparently it just 3M tapes onto your door. I also heard that you can't replace the battery...you just buy a new one. I'm not sure if that was 100% confirmed or not though.

I'm going to find out if it will fit inside the gas tank door and if it has enough range to connect to the truck from there. If so, I will probably do it.

I've debating if I'm going to do it or not. Apparently it just 3M tapes onto your door. I also heard that you can't replace the battery...you just buy a new one. I'm not sure if that was 100% confirmed or not though.

I'm going to find out if it will fit inside the gas tank door and if it has enough range to connect to the truck from there. If so, I will probably do it.
I hope that's not true!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, the-wild-moose said:

16 hours ago, AdamAT4 said:

I hope that's not true!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, bamorris2 said:

I heard the same; the battery is not serviceable.

Correct.  The keypad must be replaced if the battery fails/dies.  

I had this on my old ford Escape.  I originally had the built-in one on a Ford Explorer.  On the Escape it was also attached by 2-sided tape and you couldn't change the battery.  It lasted for about 4 years.  Super handy feature, but they are hackable.  Then again, if someone wants in, they can just smash out a window.

I had one on my Boss Mustang.  Instead of mounting it on the door, I mounted it at the base of the cowl (plastic piece at bottom of the windshield).  At the time, it was a very worthwhile feature - lock keys inside and go for a run.  Now that my watch can unlock - it's less important.  I might put one somewhere out of the way as a backup but probably would only use it if my watch died or there was no service to watch/truck.

I had one of these installed on my AT4.   You can feel the little bubble push in when you hit each number other than the #8 which I thought was weird.   I had the dealership order a new one for me and it arrived the same way.  Anyone else with one got this same issue??
Other than that issue it has worked great. 

I had one of these installed on my AT4.   You can feel the little bubble push in when you hit each number other than the #8 which I thought was weird.   I had the dealership order a new one for me and it arrived the same way.  Anyone else with one got this same issue??
Other than that issue it has worked great. 

What year is your AT4, and which version of the keypad do you have (old style or new style)?