09 Silverado not shifting properly

My 09 Silverado transmission is not shifting like it should all the time. I can drive it days without any issues then out of the blue I'll take off from a stop and it shifts extremely hard into 2nd. Other times it feels like it's slowly sliding into 2nd gear and takes longer then it should to shift. If I turn the truck off and wait about 15 seconds and start it back up it will shift without any issues and might stay that way for several days. I had autozone check it out because it kept triggering the check engine light and they said it was the transmission friction element A. So I took it to a actually mechanic and he didnt even get that code. His scanner got 2 codes reading transmission input sensor. Has anyone experienced the same problems or does anyone have some advice for me? It would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Hmmm, your symptom of 2nd gear shift problem sounds like the typical 1-2' plastic accumulator problem.

But I would address the input speed sensor problem first. The e cu controls timing of gear shift based on engine speed, road speed, desired speed (tps). Try replacing the speed sensor , puts lined on the outside.