The ugliest mod you’ve seen

Got a little happy with an angle grinder on a cheapo craigslist bumper this week. I know most people will hate this lmao.

2584c832729af19ad09adc7be10ada4a.jpgecc0b60d5fde94f74aefddbddbb6fd90.jpgdb6d299a17bef9653f2b423ea7d821b6.jpg

Waiting on parking sensor bezels. Ordered the part number for the rear bumper, since it uses a much more basic hole/cutout than the ones in the original front bumper. After I get it all drilled and sensors mocked up, off to powder coat.

A question I have is if anyone has ran aftermarket lighting to the stock fog light harness? Planning on a small Baja designs light bar somewhere on here. Possibly behind the grille if I can figure out how to mount it without screwing up the shutters and getting a CEL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Sad 1

On 5/7/2020 at 9:12 AM, jlong1984 said:

I actually don't mind it. I've seen way uglier mods. 

Take this abomination as example A. 

spacer.png

I would take those mods any day of the week over this crap. The squat and big a$$ wheels with rubber bands count as two ugly mods.

VoWvUcv.jpg

• Like 1

Barf what a stupid looking trend IDK what’s worse the saggy ass or the wheels hanging out on rubber band tires. I don’t care what you tell me it’s a pointless trend serves no purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

...well to get back to the original topic lol

1f0072a847a197c9dbf0bf5c087786ef.plist

Drilled the holes in the bumper for the parking sensors. Used part number for sensor bezels off of a rear bumper since they use a simpler hole to mount. Still need to prime, paint, and clear them. Hopefully dropping the bumper off to powder coat tomorrow or Monday. Should look sweet once everything is white again.

• Like 1

Don't mind the hanging harness, just plugged everything back in to test the sensors in the new locations. Hoping to tap into the harness for the lights I plan on putting behind the grille, so I can control it with the factory fog light switch. Has anyone done this with success?

I think you need to trim a little more off the bottom edge when compared to the inspiration truck.  That will make it look a little better I think. 

Looks wise it would be better, I agree, but then I’d lose the bottom two mounting points. Something I’m not willing to do. Edges are already flimsy. But I made a urethane spacer that I’ll fasten with a billet dress up fender washer through to the headlight support to make it rock solid