5 hours ago, Coles5515 said:

Yeah I saw those too, I got a guy who would PC them for me for $60 bucks. Just looks like a PITA to remove them and really don’t want to snap any plastic on a brand new truck. 

I might dip mine first and see how that goes. Plus not sure what color I want to go with yet as my bumper is black and truck is the Satin Steel....

I looked up the parts on a GM website, they’re $97 each and although the part numbers from this thread worked, they didn’t say if they were chrome or painted black. I like the look of the matte black so I ordered those. 

I looked up the parts on a GM website, they’re $97 each and although the part numbers from this thread worked, they didn’t say if they were chrome or painted black. I like the look of the matte black so I ordered those. 
I promise you the numbers I provided in post #10 are the black ones.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My truck has the Midnight package and has them. I am an old guy and like chrome. But this is the first truck I have ever seen where chrome looks bad. It looks like they designed it in black and add the chrome later poorly. The front of these new Chevys is hideous with the chrome parts. I almost bought a Ford before I saw this Midnight edition trail boss. I am glad I found it. I wanted a bigger engine. 5.0 in a Ford is a bit small. I like the 6.2.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

On 9/20/2020 at 12:41 AM, Transient said:

I haven't looked further into this yet. I moved across the country. When I posted that I was living near Virginia Beach, VA. I'm now in San Diego, CA, and drove the new truck the entire way. Just got the keys to my house on Friday, and my furniture arrives Monday. It's been a crazy time for me. I'm sorry. Hopefully I can get back to this soon. I want to eliminate all the chrome on my truck badly, but this cross country move was something I needed to get through before I could finish my truck.

Congrats on the move. My wife and I are Virginians and visited San Diego two years ago. Absolutely incredible place. Would be the only place we’d move! 

12 hours ago, Transient said:

I promise you the numbers I provided in post #10 are the black ones.

I believed you, Hope I didn’t come across that way. I simply looked a little further and saw the option to get a matte finish. Wasn’t sure the finish on the factory midnight edition. I assume they are gloss, but I don’t know.  Sorry for any misunderstanding.

I believed you, Hope I didn’t come across that way. I simply looked a little further and saw the option to get a matte finish. Wasn’t sure the finish on the factory midnight edition. I assume they are gloss, but I don’t know.  Sorry for any misunderstanding.
I don't think they are gloss. If I remember right they are matte. I will look tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I was only responding to the uncertainty in your last post. Nothing personal was taken by what you said. There was no understanding. I was just trying to clarify since the lack of clarity could've been my fault. Whatever you choose, at the end of the day it's your truck. You should go with whatever you prefer. Congrats on the matte black exhaust outlets. I'd love to see some pics once you have them installed. It sounds like your truck will look awesome!

4 hours ago, Transient said:

I was only responding to the uncertainty in your last post. Nothing personal was taken by what you said. There was no understanding. I was just trying to clarify since the lack of clarity could've been my fault. Whatever you choose, at the end of the day it's your truck. You should go with whatever you prefer. Congrats on the matte black exhaust outlets. I'd love to see some pics once you have them installed. It sounds like your truck will look awesome!

All good. Will update when they arrive. Also have to figure out how to remove the stock set, looks like you have to go unscrew something on the bumper step?

All good. Will update when they arrive. Also have to figure out how to remove the stock set, looks like you have to go unscrew something on the bumper step?

Some have been able to get their hands under and get the bolts out. I removed both steps wasn’t hard and I was able to clean the road debris out of there. Also had help [emoji16]

ed6c2629d7a17082940bf6fa27c2c581.plist1b134a880b615b8f005ec1a54e41dd1d.jpg7c7a2e8b6969e13789bc2fc21c45ed2c.jpgf14fc7679587452b90ac9c1b8b410644.jpg

Ryan B.

3 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Some have been able to get their hands under and get the bolts out. I removed both steps wasn’t hard and I was able to clean the road debris out of there. Also had help emoji16.png

ed6c2629d7a17082940bf6fa27c2c581.plist1b134a880b615b8f005ec1a54e41dd1d.jpg7c7a2e8b6969e13789bc2fc21c45ed2c.jpgf14fc7679587452b90ac9c1b8b410644.jpg

Ryan B.

At first glance I thought that was some sort of adhesive and instantly regretted getting black tips haha

Nope. I haven't looked into it yet. Been focused on getting the light bar installed on the sport bar. First things first though. My furniture just arrived yesterday. In order to find my tools, and have room to do anything with the truck, I need to unpack everything.