Speaking of exhaust tips, has anyone found a good set of quad tips yet that look good? I've been debating going quad on my truck since I just had the muffler delete done. I really love the set Borla sells but I don't think you can buy them without the whole catback. 

Speaking of exhaust tips, has anyone found a good set of quad tips yet that look good? I've been debating going quad on my truck since I just had the muffler delete done. I really love the set Borla sells but I don't think you can buy them without the whole catback. 
You might want to look on Corvette sites. They all have those for the most part.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I just plasti dipped mine graphite color, not 100% sure I like them. Might just bite the bullet and get them off eBay in the Satin Steel Metallic color. 

Anyone with a TB have with the gloss black tips on or even the satin steel tips?

• 1 month later...

Pulled my exhaust tips and had them powder coated. Only cost $40. I would highly recommend doing that over buying a new set. You are going to have to pull them to replace them so pull them drop them off to get powder coated and then put em back on. Got the call mine where done about 2 hours after I dropped them off.

For those who have been there, how do you get the corner steps off? once you can get to the screws it looks pretty easy, but the step pad clips in somehow, what's the best way to get that off? I don't want to break anything in the process.

Once you get all the hardware removed they pop out. They are held in with clips. Just take your time. It’s not difficult

9518270c8bb8a4d5d2e7c5c60d2b7a66.jpg77eeb39857326d75253b7b08f5f68bdb.jpg3b62aa04941006e7b510774d8e8cf108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, kodiakdenali said:

For those who have been there, how do you get the corner steps off? once you can get to the screws it looks pretty easy, but the step pad clips in somehow, what's the best way to get that off? I don't want to break anything in the process.

There is one tiny screw that’s holds the foot plate on to the step. Once you unscrew that from underneath it will slide out. There are 2 more torq screws underneath it to remove before the entire corner piece will come out. That piece is kind of a pain in the ass to get out as there are like 3 clips that don’t want to come out. I just yanked it out. Did some minor damage to the clips but those clips are pointless. It’s already being held in with 8 screws/bolts. The clips are unnecessary. 

So to be clear there should be 9 total screws/bolts to get the entire corner/step out. Don’t yank anything until you have all 9 of them out and the foot plate off.

1 hour ago, Jrodpic said:

There is one tiny screw that’s holds the foot plate on to the step. Once you unscrew that from underneath it will slide out. There are 2 more torq screws underneath it to remove before the entire corner piece will come out. That piece is kind of a pain in the ass to get out as there are like 3 clips that don’t want to come out. I just yanked it out. Did some minor damage to the clips but those clips are pointless. It’s already being held in with 8 screws/bolts. The clips are unnecessary. 

So to be clear there should be 9 total screws/bolts to get the entire corner/step out. Don’t yank anything until you have all 9 of them out and the foot plate off.

that's the important piece of information I needed. didn't know about that screw for the foot pad. thanks!

You can actually remove the tips without taking the corner step out. Either a small air ratchet, or 12v cordless ratchet.... Just as long as the battery is the diameter of the ratchet, and not the style that looks more like a drill battery.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 1:31 PM, Jrodpic said:

what is the box behind the step with the electrical harness connected to it? Radar sensor for the cross traffic alert system?

1 minute ago, Jrodpic said:

Don’t remember seeing a box behind there. LT Trail Boss here. What model do you have?

Sierra Denali. I don't know what else it would be. some kind of plastic enclosed something-or-other attached to the back side of the pocket with an electrical connector plugged into it. its on the driver's side at least, didn't check the other side.

Does your truck have cross traffic alert? That's the only thing I can think of it that it could be.