I have a 2020 gmc at4 with the 20” rim combo.  Currently sitting at 22,000 miles and my ride quality is getting worse.  My dealer said it was unbalanced tires (had them balanced) and that did not solve the problem.  
i understand this is a truck and won’t have a perfect ride, but it feels like I’m driving on rumble strips , constant shaking, and a lot of side to side motion.  
I also recently had a failed lifter and they replaced the lifters and cylinder head.  Not sure if this could cause the shaking I am feeling.

i plan to try another dealer, but looking for suggestions first.

• 2 weeks later...

This actually started happening to me this last week ag 25k miles about, I just had my tires rotated so not sure if maybe they did something wrong there, but I'm getting a lot of shaking/vibrating that I never had before. Hoping it's just the tires.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Jcp21 said:

Sorry to replay to my own post, but second dealer suggested tire issues as well.  

Are the Bridgestone Duellers a/t really that bad of a tired at 23,000 miles?

Yes they are. 

On 7/15/2020 at 9:53 AM, Jcp21 said:

Sorry to replay to my own post, but second dealer suggested tire issues as well.  

Are the Bridgestone Duellers a/t really that bad of a tired at 23,000 miles?

How often do you rotate your tires? How often do you have the balance checked/adjusted? Have you ever had it aligned? Do you use the 'sticker' tire pressures and keep them up? 

I ask because a tire that starts just fine and goes bad over time is normally a tire with a wear issue caused by one of the four questions asked. Yes, I am assuming the shocks and suspension  haven't any issues and every thing is stock.

In any case, a tire that has worn oddly will not get better even if you correct the root cause. I'll bet you know that however. 

When it comes to trucks, I have never been satisfied with any of the tires that came on the truck from the factory.  25,000 miles best is what I get out of them before the horrible wear makes me replace them. 

8 hours ago, Colossus said:

When it comes to trucks, I have never been satisfied with any of the tires that came on the truck from the factory.  25,000 miles best is what I get out of them before the horrible wear makes me replace them. 

I have 122,000 (so far) on my original set of factory Bridgestone Dueler 684 II HT. Smooth, quite and still handle and stop well. Even in the rain and they don't chase groves. They are 'just' under 5/32". You do the math for how long to 3/32. :) (They started at 10/32")

I assured my alignment prefect first week I owned it and checked twice since. Not just 'in spec' but rather dead middle spec. Monitor and adjust pressures as required often. Rotate every oil change (5K) and balance every other rotation. Tape weights only. Standard spin balance. I watch my speed and plan ahead for braking when possible. Brakes literally look near new yet. I drive easy but not sloth like. 

Only knock I have on this tire is comfort. I have an iffy back.

Only unknown is snow. Pepper never gets to play in the snow. :( ( :) )

If you read the consumer reviews (Tire Rack) this is the worst tire ever made. So much for consumer reviews. 

IMO take it to a real alignment shop and not the dealership for an alignment. Maybe toss in a road force balance for good measure. Toyota couldn't fix my wife's new 4Runner when it started getting the vibes (they performed both tire balance and alignment) but Firestone fixed it. Zero issues 3000 miles later.

With the poor road conditions here, I have an alignment done about once a year or so.  Ever since I started doing that, I'm getting better life out of my tires. 

I have about 13k on the Dueler AT's and they have been a great tire so far, super smooth and quiet.  I even did a little off road driving with them and they exceeded my expectations, but having never really off roaded  a full size truck before my expectations were probably a little too low to begin with.  I have a little extra wear on the inside of the front tires but I've been lazy about getting them rotated.

On 7/6/2020 at 3:29 PM, Jcp21 said:

I have a 2020 gmc at4 with the 20” rim combo.  Currently sitting at 22,000 miles and my ride quality is getting worse.  My dealer said it was unbalanced tires (had them balanced) and that did not solve the problem.  
i understand this is a truck and won’t have a perfect ride, but it feels like I’m driving on rumble strips , constant shaking, and a lot of side to side motion.  
I also recently had a failed lifter and they replaced the lifters and cylinder head.  Not sure if this could cause the shaking I am feeling.

i plan to try another dealer, but looking for suggestions first.

https://accutuneoffroad.com/articles/digressive-vs-linear-vs-progressive-pistons-shock-valving/#:~:text=Digressive shocks are bad at,the best all around performance.

Give this a careful read. Then ask yourself what you learned about:

1.) Rancho, Bilstein and Icon shocks Vs Fox and King

2.) Tire pressure and side wall build

• 2 weeks later...

X31 or z71 or at4 /trail boss comes with the “upgraded” rancho shocks. They are junk. It seems like the rebound is set way to high to give the truck a firm ride and off-road shock feel,  pair that with cheap seals and valves/internal parts , you end up with the rough ride your getting. Gm needs to start putting a better premium shock.  before someone ends up in a bad accident because of the ass of the truck can’t stay planted to ground. You can’t even drive on a gravel road.