Not shocking oem tires no matter what brand are not the same quality as those sold in stores. Even the same brand and model tire are different vs. ones that come on it from factory., oem ones are always a lower quality product imo.

I also agree with the sediment on the Rancho shocks gm has been using the last 8 years or so, absolute junk product, never should of went away from Bilstein's but i'm sure the 20 dollars per shock they save is all that matters to gm these days.

Edited by BIGDOGx

12 hours ago, Jpb2 said:

X31 or z71 or at4 /trail boss comes with the “upgraded” rancho shocks. They are junk. It seems like the rebound is set way to high to give the truck a firm ride and off-road shock feel,  pair that with cheap seals and valves/internal parts , you end up with the rough ride your getting. Gm needs to start putting a better premium shock.  before someone ends up in a bad accident because of the ass of the truck can’t stay planted to ground. You can’t even drive on a gravel road. 

Didn't read the link eh? Rancho, Icon, Bilstein 5100 and 6100 are all digressive valved. Different degrees but digressive none the less. Great for towing and hauling but empty are aweful on washboards, small bumps and expansion joints. Tires on trucks, even HT tires, in sizes designed to carry the maximum load have stiffer sidewalls than smaller passenger tires and much greater interia moments. Yes even in the smaller rim sizes. You can make something really aweful feel 'better', even much better but not car like. 

Most Fox and most Kings are linear. Hold that thought

Passenger car shocks are for the most part progressively valved. They are poor at towing but ride like plush.

P-Metric tires in their sizes with lower load ratings have softer sidewalls even in larger rim sizes. 

Cars are sprung for maximum passenger capacity plus luggage. Trucks for moving nearly a ton these days. 

You can get what you want but you can't have it AND maintain it's utility. You can make it better, just not great. 

Fox and King are half way in between and fitted with a reasonable all season HT are more than mush better and yet still not as good  car like. However you will maintain most of your utility. 

You can continue to make improvements toward a plush ride working with someone like Accutune stepping closer toward progressive and utilizing larger stiffer sway bars and urethane pivot and link materials and softer springs. Rely on bags for load. But the closer you get to a Buick the less utility you will have.

Even if you buy a shock with dampening adjustment that is digressive your still playing in between digressive and linear. 

Buy a King or a Fox and work with Accutune or learn to valve yourself. I don't know of a shock manufacture that off the shelf offers progressive valves for pickups but Accutune may. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear

On 7/29/2020 at 10:58 AM, Roscoe267 said:

OEM tires are crap for mileage,  go with a different brand like the Falken Wildpeak AT3. Or the same brand just not the OEM 

True that... I'm only at 59,000 miles on the original Goodyears.  lol Probably just have to replace them in a couple of years.

On 7/6/2020 at 4:29 PM, Jcp21 said:

i understand this is a truck and won’t have a perfect ride, but it feels like I’m driving on rumble strips , constant shaking, and a lot of side to side motion.  

An unloaded pickup truck rides like a, are you ready for this? A truck.

Edited by It's Tim

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Didn't read the link eh? Rancho, Icon, Bilstein 5100 and 6100 are all digressive valved. Different degrees but digressive none the less. Great for towing and hauling but empty are aweful on washboards, small bumps and expansion joints. Tires on trucks, even HT tires, in sizes designed to carry the maximum load have stiffer sidewalls than smaller passenger tires and much greater interia moments. Yes even in the smaller rim sizes. You can make something really aweful feel 'better', even much better but not car like. 

Most Fox and most Kings are linear. Hold that thought

Passenger car shocks are for the most part progressively valved. They are poor at towing but ride like plush.

P-Metric tires in their sizes with lower load ratings have softer sidewalls even in larger rim sizes. 

Cars are sprung for maximum passenger capacity plus luggage. Trucks for moving nearly a ton these days. 

You can get what you want but you can't have it AND maintain it's utility. You can make it better, just not great. 

Fox and King are half way in between and fitted with a reasonable all season HT are more than mush better and yet still not as good  car like. However you will maintain most of your utility. 

You can continue to make improvements toward a plush ride working with someone like Accutune stepping closer toward progressive and utilizing larger stiffer sway bars and urethane pivot and link materials and softer springs. Rely on bags for load. But the closer you get to a Buick the less utility you will have.

Even if you buy a shock with dampening adjustment that is digressive your still playing in between digressive and linear. 

Buy a King or a Fox and work with Accutune or learn to valve yourself. I don't know of a shock manufacture that off the shelf offers progressive valves for pickups but Accutune may. 

The link didn’t work. But yes I understand that it is set up to be able to take tge maximum load it is rated for and also try to be comfortable as possible when empty. But I’ll still call it junk when the shock fails at 6000km (warrenty replaced them) and now again at 23000km. The heaviest that I had in the truck was a skidoo at 700 pounds. At least with my old ford woth the fx4 package I wasn’t fighting to stay on the road after every bump in the road. 

On 7/15/2020 at 9:25 PM, Mikedfw said:

This actually started happening to me this last week ag 25k miles about, I just had my tires rotated so not sure if maybe they did something wrong there, but I'm getting a lot of shaking/vibrating that I never had before. Hoping it's just the tires.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Probably caused by crossing tire sides when rotating the tires. I always prefer to keep them on the same side (front to rear), not the (cross to front) pattern. Even with non-directional tires.
 I experienced the issue years ago on another vehicle. When tires are driven spinning one direction, the force stretches the tire and the steel belts are pulled into a position within the rubber. There’s a lot of force here over thousands of miles so the tire eventually takes “shape”.  If rotating the tires to another side of the vehicle changes the spin direction, those steel belts can get pulled in different directions ultimately causing the tire to take a new shape becoming out of round or having high spots in the tread. You’ll hear lots of noise and the ride quality will suffer. “Rumble strips”

Edited by Rook126

1 hour ago, Jpb2 said:

The link didn’t work. But yes I understand that it is set up to be able to take tge maximum load it is rated for and also try to be comfortable as possible when empty. But I’ll still call it junk when the shock fails at 6000km (warrenty replaced them) and now again at 23000km. The heaviest that I had in the truck was a skidoo at 700 pounds. At least with my old ford woth the fx4 package I wasn’t fighting to stay on the road after every bump in the road. 

https://accutuneoffroad.com/

Cut and paste into your browser or google it. I can tell by you comments you are really upset and rightly so but you anger will not fix your problem. You are confusing the quality issue with the design issue. I agree quality stinks but even if it were perfect in workmanship and materials the valving is WRONG for what you would like to have happen. I'm trying to help you here. 

Take a breath, search the site linked for the article. Grab a cold drink of your favorite flavor and just let it come to you. 

2 hours ago, It's Tim said:

True that... I'm only at 59,000 miles on the original Goodyears.  lol Probably just have to replace them in a couple of years.

An unloaded pickup truck rides like a, are you ready for this? A truck.

I can live with the “truck” feel, but there is a huge difference between The original ride of the truck and now.

I do believe the issue started at the first tire rotation, so tire kingdom will have to keep balancing them till they get it right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jcp21 said:

I can live with the “truck” feel, but there is a huge difference between The original ride of the truck and now.

I do believe the issue started at the first tire rotation, so tire kingdom will have to keep balancing them till they get it right.

Your boots on the ground and it's in your face. Wish you well. :seeya:

Just drove my son's 2018 Ram 4wd crew cab for the first time...it's ride is light years better than my 2019 RST 2wd!

This is my 10th Chevy pickup since 1971 so I'm not running out to purchase a Dodge, but when comparing ride quality, there is NO comparison!

On 7/29/2020 at 9:31 PM, Jpb2 said:

X31 or z71 or at4 /trail boss comes with the “upgraded” rancho shocks. They are junk. It seems like the rebound is set way to high to give the truck a firm ride and off-road shock feel,  pair that with cheap seals and valves/internal parts , you end up with the rough ride your getting. Gm needs to start putting a better premium shock.  before someone ends up in a bad accident because of the ass of the truck can’t stay planted to ground. You can’t even drive on a gravel road. 

spot on , 22,000 on our 19 x31 and it rides horrible, put bilstein 5100 on the back, 100% better than the Ranchos, will do the fronts this weekend.

• 1 month later...

I Just installed 4 Bilesein 5100 on my 2019 Z71, the ride difference is incredible. Would recommend doing it to anyone. Truck only has 5500km on it, Rancho shocks are best. Didn’t need the leveling kit I had installed when buying it either, that was a waste of 500 bucks that was installed at dealer.

Bought the shocks from Essex in BC, Very responsible priced delivered to the door with in days. With the purchase of the shocks and installation, I have about $900 bucks invested.

Edited by Stjnes