radio question

Long story short my 2020 LT Trail Boss has the IOR Radio unfortunately..The junk yard near my house has a 19 LTZ totaled with the IOS radio in it...Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to swap out my IOR to make the IOS radio work in my truck???The guy at the junk yard is a family friend and is letting me pretty much take what ever I want out of the truck..So if possible what would I need to take out of the LTZ to make the IOS radio work in my 2020???Any info is greatly appreciated

8 hours ago, Transient said:

That's probably a question a more experienced Chevy dealership tech can answer. I did something similar many years ago with an 07 LS Tahoe and 13 LTZ Silverado.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I tried calling 2 different dealers and they're clueless...I don't see why you can't just swap out the components and have them program the radio to the truck if it's a VIN assigned thing...Does anyone on here have any clue if this can be done???

Cant say this is the absolute answer.....IMO and from what I have read and learned....you could swap screen and controller from behind glove box/above right kick panel...may be plug n play, may need reprogrammed.   There is also a card reader in the console you may want to swap...this is "normally" for the factory GPS...may do other options...Just my 10 cents...If your getting the components on the cheap...might be woth the "try"....its a big change in components...Hope it works...The IOS is awsome

On 7/18/2020 at 9:15 PM, Booma1218 said:

Long story short my 2020 LT Trail Boss has the IOR Radio unfortunately..The junk yard near my house has a 19 LTZ totaled with the IOS radio in it...Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to swap out my IOR to make the IOS radio work in my truck???The guy at the junk yard is a family friend and is letting me pretty much take what ever I want out of the truck..So if possible what would I need to take out of the LTZ to make the IOS radio work in my 2020???Any info is greatly appreciated

1) Steering wheel from the LT with radio buttons if you want that feature

2) The radio is a receiver unit behind the screen, I'm not 100% sure if you do/or do not need both the touch screen from the LT and the IOS Radio.  Can you find out if they are the same touch screen in both models? 

3) If you are wanting the IOS radio to work with the LT Steering wheel in your Custom Truck, you will also need the Speedo Gauge Cluster from the LT

4) The Speedo Gauge cluster will need to be wiped, the memory wiped or you'll get error/tampering codes thrown.   You can send the Speedo Gauge Cluster to White Automotive Media Services (WAMS) in Texas.  

5) #3 & #4 only applicable if you are wanting the Steering wheel radio controls feature.  The reason it is necessary is that the Speedo Gauge is a bridge in the wiring harness configuration, the signal from the Steering Wheel Buttons go thru the Speedo Gauge and on to the Radio Receiver.   

8 minutes ago, Doolin-Dalton said:

1) Steering wheel from the LT with radio buttons if you want that feature

2) The radio is a receiver unit behind the screen, I'm not 100% sure if you do/or do not need both the touch screen from the LT and the IOS Radio.  Can you find out if they are the same touch screen in both models? 

3) If you are wanting the IOS radio to work with the LT Steering wheel in your Custom Truck, you will also need the Speedo Gauge Cluster from the LT

4) The Speedo Gauge cluster will need to be wiped, the memory wiped or you'll get error/tampering codes thrown.   You can send the Speedo Gauge Cluster to White Automotive Media Services (WAMS) in Texas.  

5) #3 & #4 only applicable if you are wanting the Steering wheel radio controls feature.  The reason it is necessary is that the Speedo Gauge is a bridge in the wiring harness configuration, the signal from the Steering Wheel Buttons go thru the Speedo Gauge and on to the Radio Receiver.   

I already have the LT model 2020..I don't have the custom model...I also already have controls on my wheel for the radio...My truck has the 8' screen with IOR Radio..I couldn't find a truck in the area with connivence package 2 on it with the IOS radio..My truck only has connivence package 1 with the IOR unfortunately

5 minutes ago, Booma1218 said:

I already have the LT model 2020..I don't have the custom model...I also already have controls on my wheel for the radio...My truck has the 8' screen with IOR Radio..I couldn't find a truck in the area with connivence package 2 on it with the IOS radio..My truck only has connivence package 1 with the IOR unfortunately

Ah, gotcha sorry.  I thought that the IOR Radio Receiver was only in the CUSTOM Trucks.   That the IOS and IOT receivers are in the LT, LTZ and up....