quick truck poll

6.75' VS 8' and 2500 VS 3500  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you have kids or other rear seat passengers that are frequent in your truck, they will appreciate the softness of 2500. But as was said above me- is all depends on what you need from the truck- towing, payload, size of load, ease of driving around town or parking are all considerations

Edit: mine is 2500 crew can regular bed duramax. I wish I had the 3500 for the payload but my kids got car sick on the test drive with the stiffness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks 1

I went with 2500 8'. The 2500 has plenty of capacity for my needs but I prefer the 8' bed because I can put an ATV in the bed and still be able to tow(and I feel that a longer wheelbase rides better). I ordered the truck to my specs as finding a 2500 long bed crew cab on the lot that was an LT was not common. Had I been shopping off the lot and found a 3500 I would not have turned it down, most of the extra capacity is a separate set of overload springs. 

3 hours ago, Lostboy792 said:

I went with 2500 8'. The 2500 has plenty of capacity for my needs but I prefer the 8' bed because I can put an ATV in the bed and still be able to tow(and I feel that a longer wheelbase rides better). I ordered the truck to my specs as finding a 2500 long bed crew cab on the lot that was an LT was not common. Had I been shopping off the lot and found a 3500 I would not have turned it down, most of the extra capacity is a separate set of overload springs. 

Yeah and with those springs, I have just heard they ride noticeably “rougher” when unloaded. Which is something I can do without out and only pulling a 8800lbs trailer I don’t really need that day to day.

28 minutes ago, Ray Pickle said:

I have not driven the 3500 but I doubt it rides considerably different from the 2500. Spring packs are same other than overloads on 3500 and they don't come into play unless heavily loaded.

Oh really...I did not know that. Thank you something to consider. Most thing I read people said they ride rougher.

I have not driven the 3500 but I doubt it rides considerably different from the 2500. Spring packs are same other than overloads on 3500 and they don't come into play unless heavily loaded.

I test drove both back to back. They feel different. Ask my kids...

I test drove both back to back. They feel different. Ask my kids...

2 hours ago, Londart2020 said:

Oh really...I did not know that. Thank you something to consider. Most thing I read people said they ride rougher.

Also not keeping the tires at the max recommended PSI when not towing makes a BIG difference in the ride. After one day I let 10 out of all tires and made it ride better. So far no TPMS light

11 hours ago, Londart2020 said:

FirstAscent went with 3500 because he couldnt tell a difference between the 2....

but really you are only person to answer these questions.....keep it simple and write it down on paper, answer will be clear as day!...

9 hours ago, Lostboy792 said:

Also not keeping the tires at the max recommended PSI when not towing makes a BIG difference in the ride. After one day I let 10 out of all tires and made it ride better. So far no TPMS light

mine just came on after 3 months, lol....but air pressure is huge  in ride and its free....

they do soften up a bit after cpl thousand miles, but not like a 1500

Edited by Dunn