Bose system worth it or not

Hello I am looking at getting a new truck and wondering if the bose upgrade is worth it.  I know there are a couple stereo build threads on here and have looked at those but that is not what I am looking for.  I am looking for a stockish stereo with no external sub to maximize floor space.  Would the convenience 2 package with bose be worth it or replacing stock speakers and adding an amp be better?   Thank You

I have not heard the "base" stereo but everyone says it totally sucks.  So if you're planning to gut it and put in all new speakers and probably an amp to drive it, then it may be worth it.  Not sure how much Convenience 2 costs and what all it adds but the Bose is decent.  I've heard in person the Bose + the kicker sub and it really brings that system to life. 

I would suggest listening to both at a dealer.

1 hour ago, highlife02 said:

Hello I am looking at getting a new truck and wondering if the bose upgrade is worth it.  I know there are a couple stereo build threads on here and have looked at those but that is not what I am looking for.  I am looking for a stockish stereo with no external sub to maximize floor space.  Would the convenience 2 package with bose be worth it or replacing stock speakers and adding an amp be better?   Thank You

I’ve heard both, and there is a huge difference.  The Bose has a subwoofer in the center console.  I went with the Bose, and the bass is not enough for me, so I am adding a subwoofer and amp.  I will then adjust the eq and see what I have.  I may or may not replace speakers further.  The stock non-Bose is very bad compared to the Bose.  Plus, I think if you want SiriusXM, you have to get the convenience 2 package.  I may be wrong, but there is a thread of people complaining that their trucks did not come with it.

Bose is worth it on the T1 trucks.  The stock system in the RST, even with the bass all the way up, its got no arse to it. 

Not sure what GM did to it as the standard systems in the 2014-2018 trucks had much better sound before even adding Bose.    

Edited by newdude

The stock Bose is trash...All the stock non Bose stereo needs is the door speakers to be replaced and your sound is better than the Bose with slightly less bass...You add the sub with. Harness from LLJ and your system will be 100x better than the stock Bose garbage...My buddy has the Bose in his 2020 High Country and I have LT Trail Boss non Bose ...I replaced my Stock speakers with JBL Club 6x9's and Club 6.5's and my system sounds better than his Bose...No to mention if you plan on doing a aftermarket system you want to go non Bose in your truck..

Do not get a T1 with the standard stereo. It is terrible. I have Bose in my RST and had a loaner with the non-Bose system. Total garbage. I was embarrassed that GM would even put that junk system in a 2019+ truck. My 2007 LT1 was better. 

So get the Bose or don’t get it and immediately upgrade the speakers. 

• 1 year later...