Earlier in the week my check engine light came on and I saw the P0700 and P0711 which lead me to Transmission Fluid Sensor issues and people having to replace them.  I started monitoring the sensor and noticed it didn't fail like most other people but it takes an awful long time to warm up only peaking at 150F whereas previously it seemed to always be near 200.  It took about 45 minutes of driving to get into the 140's and only passed 150F after another hour of driving after that.

As I learned the thermostat is only supposed to open up at 192F so I believe mine is stuck open.  I will see if the dealer will give this under warranty but I'm curious, anyone do thermostat deletes and regret it?  From what I read, the TCM wants 200F or close to it for better shifts and this is why the thermostat is there in the first place.  On the other hand, living in a warmer climate where it doesn't usually get below 40-50F, could leaving this thermostat open extend the transmission life?

• 2 weeks later...