2017 Chevy Silverado Thermostat Running Cold

It probably just stuck to the water outlet from heat cycles that kinda glue it to the surface. It's a 50/50 shot on whether yours sticks or not, just remove it, clean the surface with a rag and slap the new one on.

• Thanks 1

All done! Was pretty simple like you said it would be. I did clamp the large hose, loosened clamps on large and small hoses and initially left them on old thermostat after removing the bolts and held it up. Only lost a little bit of coolant pulling off old thermostat and immediately popping the new one in place. I did put a plastic container on ground underneath to catch any list coolant but it was still dry at the end. That old gasket did stay on water pump outlet so I just grabbed it before popping new thermostat on. The whole process didn't take long and was very easy to do. I'd say even easier than changing a tire.

After starting up the truck, it finally reached the 210⁰ hash mark on gauge and stays pretty steady. I'm already aware that it isn't completely accurate but has a range of about 20⁰ cooler or hotter than the gauge shows. However, over the last week or so, my gauge never even reached the 210⁰ mark and would swing back and forth on the left side hash marks between the first one above 160⁰ and 210⁰. So I consider this a win...