New member, first post, sorry if this has been discussed before.  I have a 3 month old 2020 GMC SLT and twice now in the last couple weeks the radio just

cuts out completely and won't play any sound on any station, XM or FM, etc, till the truck is powered down and re-started.  I have figured out there is a mute

function on the on/off button and it is not that.  I have tried powering the radio off/on while driving and that doesn't do it either.  The radio is still under power

and everything looks functional, just no sound at all at any volume.  Anyone have this happen to them.  I have also noticed this new radio struggles with finding

and keeping an XM connection,  Never had any of these issues on my 2015 GMC Sierra.  Any thoughts?  Anyone have this happen to them?

Yes, this has happen to me as well.  I have a 2020 LTZ, radio is on, but no sound.  Usually if I turn the truck off and restart it works again.  I have a few issues with my radio doing crazy things, stuff my 2014 never did.  The strangest one is when I get a call, its shows the wrong contact info.  My phone shows the right person calling, but my truck shows a completely different name, if it decides to show a nameat all, most of the time its just the number of the person calling even though I have that contact in my phone.

My 'just acquired 20 AT4 after 3k miles just did that... No radio/GPS lady sound after sub freezing temps Saturday morning. Just started out long drive back south. Disappointed, but.....

Then after a while sound returned. Very strange. At first I thought maybe a built in delay due to low temperature but not sensible to engineer that in vehicles that reside in cold climates. It must be a hw or sw fault, albeit intermittent.

Then after another stop and restart, the HUD disappeared. Later after another shut down and restart, HUD display reappeared.

Drove 1500 miles more and neither the radio/GPS lady sound or the HUD malfunctioned. All ok.

Appt will be setup at dealer to see if they can get any failure codes or if a TSB exists. Need 1st oil change after 4k miles in 3 weeks anyway. Oil life around 25% but I want it done now. Truck was awesome for the trip. Sadly for family illness needs, but all ok now.

I'll follow up with info.

Rich

1003201854.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update...

Wednesday I setup an appointment for 1st oil/rotate and to address and record the radio sound issue I had, and the HUD display loss, both of which were only once.

A new oddity had been occurring too when XM would just cut out on engine start. It would display "acquiring signal" but never would in known good signal areas.

The XM "acquiring signal" fault had continued intermittently over the last week. Continued "resets" by power off/on or engine off/on would not correct. Typically after a few hours of rest and restarts, XM would return.

Ironically GM-Trucks.com sent me a email Weds night and included this.....

GM Releases Significant Over The Air Update For 2020 Silverado/Sierra & Other Vehicles

When I arrived yesterday morning for the service I told the Service Manager about the update. He said he hadn't received it yet and even mentioned...."We often find out last..." I gave him the Update Ref#, 20-NA-199.

The update includes s/w corrections to both the radio/display and the XM "acquiring signal" issue. The Service tech applied this 20-NA-199 update to mine. Everything fine so far and will update if any issues.

Rich

Edited by richmz

10 hours ago, RRonin said:

I've had my 2020 LTZ for 3 weeks now and This happened to me today. Turned my truck off and on and the radio came back but my steering wheel controls aren't working, has anyone seen this? 

Haven't..... but doesn't mean it hasn't to others.

Did you try repeated on-offs and wait to retries?

Regardless, you need that update to correct related radio issues so it may be best to have your dealer do it so there's a record of the fault. They can also diagnose the wheel button functions as well, if it persists. Please let us know what happens.

Rich

10 hours ago, RRonin said: