Uncomfortable drivers seat

Brand new 2021 Silverado 3500HD High Country 3500HD.  During my 20 minute test drive I didn't notice how firm and uncomfortable the drivers seat would be for any trip longer than an hour or so.  Has anyone else noticed this and have you made any modifications?  I am open to suggestions.....other than selling!   It would have also been nice if Chevy would have made the seat bottom with a tilt button too!

On 11/22/2020 at 11:36 AM, semmont4 said:

Brand new 2021 Silverado 3500HD High Country 3500HD.  During my 20 minute test drive I didn't notice how firm and uncomfortable the drivers seat would be for any trip longer than an hour or so.  Has anyone else noticed this and have you made any modifications?  I am open to suggestions.....other than selling!   It would have also been nice if Chevy would have made the seat bottom with a tilt button too!

No problems here with my 2020 Sierra AT4.  Sounds like its time for a seat cushion, or a donut to sit on, or just ride with the seat heater on to ease the pain. lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2020 AT4. Seats were noticeably firm when I purchased it (which i don't mind). After 380 hours sitting in my truck (according to my engine hours) they have softened enought that its noticeable when I jump into the passenger seat. I'm 220 lbs so it doesn't take too much to break them in.

Hope this helps

• 8 months later...

Absolutely horrible!  I've never has a vehicle cause such leg discomfort.  I've changed height and angles drastically.  I've bought gel pads, helped some.   Looking to have seat replaced,  any recommendations?  It's my first truck w/o leather,  not sure if that is the main reason?

I replaced my 2015 Silverado LT with leather interior with the same model 2021. The 21 has harder less comfortable seats. I rented a 2020 Ford F150 last year when my 2015 was totaled. The Ford also had hard seats. I don't understand why they did this. I recently drove my wife's 2009 Buick Lucerne with leather, much more comfortable than any of the newer trucks. It seems like they are going backwards in their design!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2021 AT 4 and am also very frustrated with how uncomfortable the seats are. My legs and rear are both soar after driving a few hours. Outside of using a seat cushion, has anyone found a solution to this issue? 

1 hour ago, Capt Call said:

I have a 2021 AT 4 and am also very frustrated with how uncomfortable the seats are. My legs and rear are both soar after driving a few hours. Outside of using a seat cushion, has anyone found a solution to this issue? 

Turn 55 and then you can stop every 20 miles to piss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

While testing driving different trucks I got on a 2020 1500 High Country used had about 20k miles and as soon as I sat on it, very hard and stiff leather. Great looking truck just the seats were rough. Now hopping on the 2019 Ram Laramie they also had with 15k miles, that truck was comfortable, seats were plush and the test ride was good, didn't like the shift knob. Then I also tested a 2020 Super duty F-250 STX w/ cloth seats, also very comfortable, seats had good support and were plush. The test ride was good taking into consideration it didn't have all the bells and whistles. But hopefully GM looks at their seats and makes them more comfortable.    

• 3 months later...

I sell my personal truck every three years because of miles. I have just always called my dealer to order a new one the way I want it. I now have a ‘21 Silverado 1500 Town&Country that is a year old. After being in it for 20-30 minutes, a nerve starts firing off in my right leg. I switched back to Chevy from Ford 20 years ago because of seats. Recently, I drove a friend’s Raptor for about a hour. Seats were very comfortable. My truck has small Duramax—love it. I love everything about this truck EXCEPT for seats. My ‘18 drove great (100000 miles when I traded). Our ‘15 and ‘17 1 ton ranch trucks are comfortable.

When you are 6’4”, long torso, 265 lbs, you already struggle for head room. I have always had to lower seat all the way. So when some suggest to raise the seat for relief, it poses a problem up top.

Has anyone found a decent seat cushion that would help?

39 minutes ago, Michael Sturgess said:

I sell my personal truck every three years because of miles. I have just always called my dealer to order a new one the way I want it. I now have a ‘21 Silverado 1500 Town&Country that is a year old. After being in it for 20-30 minutes, a nerve starts firing off in my right leg. I switched back to Chevy from Ford 20 years ago because of seats. Recently, I drove a friend’s Raptor for about a hour. Seats were very comfortable. My truck has small Duramax—love it. I love everything about this truck EXCEPT for seats. My ‘18 drove great (100000 miles when I traded). Our ‘15 and ‘17 1 ton ranch trucks are comfortable.

When you are 6’4”, long torso, 265 lbs, you already struggle for head room. I have always had to lower seat all the way. So when some suggest to raise the seat for relief, it poses a problem up top.

Has anyone found a decent seat cushion that would help?

I used a version of the roller ball seat cushion on a really stiff motorcycle seat with great success.  Might be something to consider.  looked goofy as heck, but worked.

https://www.amazon.com/Zento-Deals-Beaded-Comfort-Cushion/dp/B017WFF1OA

Hope you can find comfort. :cheers: