Uncomfortable drivers seat

41 minutes ago, Michael Sturgess said:

I sell my personal truck every three years because of miles. I have just always called my dealer to order a new one the way I want it. I now have a ‘21 Silverado 1500 Town&Country that is a year old. After being in it for 20-30 minutes, a nerve starts firing off in my right leg. I switched back to Chevy from Ford 20 years ago because of seats. Recently, I drove a friend’s Raptor for about a hour. Seats were very comfortable. My truck has small Duramax—love it. I love everything about this truck EXCEPT for seats. My ‘18 drove great (100000 miles when I traded). Our ‘15 and ‘17 1 ton ranch trucks are comfortable.

When you are 6’4”, long torso, 265 lbs, you already struggle for head room. I have always had to lower seat all the way. So when some suggest to raise the seat for relief, it poses a problem up top.

Has anyone found a decent seat cushion that would help?

My wife uses seat cushions. I’ve found being 225Lbs they compress to nothing for me. You might try a salvage yard to get seats to your liking. Or even after market.

• 3 months later...

I have the 2019 2500hd, and the driver seat front won't lower, it takes about 30 minutes and the pain from hip to knee... extra cushions don't help.. my 2011 was pretty good for about 5 hours,,, thinking it may be age related...

Looking for a good custom made seat.

Count me as another person who thinks the seat is uncomfortable for long drives. Had a couple ice fishing trips this past winter that were 5-6hrs one way. Would start to get pretty uncomfortable after a couple hours. I’m going to try and find some sort of a full seat cover or cushion 

• 3 months later...

I’m driving a 2021 2500 HD and it has the most uncomfortable seats I have ever ridden on. Absolutely no lumbar support whatsoever and the bottom cushion I swear is angled down towards the front. I’ll never understand why they take something it works great and mess it up every time. 

• 5 months later...

My 2020 Denali 1500 seats are so uncomfortable,I have tried a gel pad,no help,tried memory foam cushion,made it worse,rock hard in the cold weather.Does anyone know if the seats in a 2020 Escalade are any softer?If they are softer,the next question is would the bucket seats from an Escalade fit a pickup?

• 4 months later...
On 9/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, PHEZ said:

Absolutely horrible!  I've never has a vehicle cause such leg discomfort.  I've changed height and angles drastically.  I've bought gel pads, helped some.   Looking to have seat replaced,  any recommendations?  It's my first truck w/o leather,  not sure if that is the main reason?

You're not kidding, I thought it was me. These seats are making me have sciatic pain. I drive easily 5 hours a day and as of now thinking of putting new memory foam. If you have found a solution, please post it.  

• 4 weeks later...

I’m no expert but I’ve had 11 back operations, so I sort of know what I’m talking about. What works for me might not work for the next guy. It could be a sitting position and I can adjust my seat ever so slightly, forward, backward, tilt etc., you get the idea. What else helps is resting my left foot on dead peddle and using cruise control as much as possible thus allowing me to move my feet about and not continuously on the go peddle. What else really helped me was a wheelchair cushion. They are very thick and soft, exactly what a person in a wheelchair would need. I got mine from the VAMC and used it in my truck, sitting at the kitchen table (I had two) and even at the movies. For those who need more lumbar support there is a rolled-up cushion called the “Lumbar roll”. I used that everywhere, especially driving and at the movies. I drive a truck now because it’s so much easier getting “up” into the truck, rather than getting “down” into a car. I used to own a Corvette but had to get rid of it because it was hard to get into it and impossible to get out of it. I also found that "bucket seats" were more comfortable than "bench seats".

Amazon.com: The Original McKenzie Lumbar Roll - Firm Density - Low Back Support for Office Chairs and Car Seats : Home & Kitchen

And  here : Amazon.com: LOVEHOME Lumbar Support Pillow for Chair and Car, Back Support for Office Chair Memory Foam Cushion with Mesh Cover for Back Pain Relief - Black : Home & Kitchen

Good luck and I hope these suggestions help.

Edited by Poopster
correction

I’m no expert but I’ve had 11 back operations, so I sort of know what I’m talking about. What works for me might not work for the next guy. It could be a sitting position and I can adjust my seat ever so slightly, forward, backward, tilt etc., you get the idea. What else helps is resting my left foot on dead peddle and using cruise control as much as possible thus allowing me to move my feet about and not continuously on the go peddle. What else really helped me was a wheelchair cushion. They are very thick and soft, exactly what a person in a wheelchair would need. I got mine from the VAMC and used it in my truck, sitting at the kitchen table (I had two) and even at the movies. For those who need more lumbar support there is a rolled-up cushion called the “Lumbar roll”. I used that everywhere, especially driving and at the movies. I drive a truck now because it’s so much easier getting “up” into the truck, rather than getting “down” into a car. I used to own a Corvette but had to get rid of it because it was hard to get into it and impossible to get out of it. I also found that "bucket seats" were more comfortable than "bench seats".

Amazon.com: The Original McKenzie Lumbar Roll - Firm Density - Low Back Support for Office Chairs and Car Seats : Home & Kitchen

And  here : Amazon.com: LOVEHOME Lumbar Support Pillow for Chair and Car, Back Support for Office Chair Memory Foam Cushion with Mesh Cover for Back Pain Relief - Black : Home & Kitchen

Amazon.com : wheelchair cushions

Good luck and I hope these suggestions help.

In fact I just bought this new cushion today.

Amazon.com: Kolbs Gel Extreme | Wheelchair Cushion Seat Cushion | Coccyx, Sciatica & Tailbone Pain Relief Cushion | Seat Pad Ideal for Office, Kitchen Wheelchairs and Auto | 16 x 16 Inch Seat, 3 Inch Thick : Health & Household

Edited by Poopster

I have a 2023 Sierra 1500 Denali and the drivers seat is incredibly uncomfortable for anything longer than a 30-60 minute drive. The sides of the seat push up into my thighs and make it unbearable to drive. I tried to move my legs around and move the seat all around but nothing works. 

it seems like they designed this seat for someone who is 5’6” and 150 pounds. At 6’ and 215lbs you’d think the seat wouldn’t be an issue. Who did they have test these trucks before rolling them out into production, little kids?

anyone have any suggestions?

3 hours ago, denali2023 said:

I have a 2023 Sierra 1500 Denali and the drivers seat is incredibly uncomfortable for anything longer than a 30-60 minute drive. The sides of the seat push up into my thighs and make it unbearable to drive. I tried to move my legs around and move the seat all around but nothing works. 

it seems like they designed this seat for someone who is 5’6” and 150 pounds. At 6’ and 215lbs you’d think the seat wouldn’t be an issue. Who did they have test these trucks before rolling them out into production, little kids?

anyone have any suggestions?

Hummm, I would think the Denali seat would be on par with the 1500 High Country?

I have a 2023 Silverado 1500 High Country and couldn't be happier with the front seating for comfort, especially the ventilated leather, so nice and cool. 

I've been driving for hours at a stretch with zero discomfort. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/22/2022 at 12:27 PM, Michael Sturgess said:

I sell my personal truck every three years because of miles. I have just always called my dealer to order a new one the way I want it. I now have a ‘21 Silverado 1500 Town&Country that is a year old. After being in it for 20-30 minutes, a nerve starts firing off in my right leg. I switched back to Chevy from Ford 20 years ago because of seats. Recently, I drove a friend’s Raptor for about a hour. Seats were very comfortable. My truck has small Duramax—love it. I love everything about this truck EXCEPT for seats. My ‘18 drove great (100000 miles when I traded). Our ‘15 and ‘17 1 ton ranch trucks are comfortable.

When you are 6’4”, long torso, 265 lbs, you already struggle for head room. I have always had to lower seat all the way. So when some suggest to raise the seat for relief, it poses a problem up top.

Has anyone found a decent seat cushion that would help?

I am also having tons of issues with my seat.  I owned two dodge rams prior and never had an issue.  I have a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denail with the 3.0 Diesel.  Love the truck but HATE driving it.  As weird as that sounds.  I feel like the seat is wrecking my back and hips.  I am 6'2" and a tall torso, If I add a pad to sit on my head is up too high.  If I lift the back of the seat up to keep hips in line with my knees, my head is too high also.  I have tried everything, it is so frustrating.  I wish I could find a solution to keep the truck.