Wondering if anyone else with the GMPE (Borla Touring) has drone around 70mph. It happens when the engine is under load, in top gear. Like when you tip into the throttle to speed up a bit, but not enough to downshift.

I installed it myself and tightened every fastener to spec with a torque wrench. I suppose it would be a good idea for me to double check tightness again.

I also tried the Range AFM/DFM device but it made no difference at all.

Everyone on the Corvette forum who gets them complains about the drone. I thought my magnaflow on my C6 had drone until I rode in my buddies identical car other than color. His Borla is 3 or 4 times worse.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I have the the GM Performance Exhaust on my 2017 6.2 and has no drone at all at any speed. I can't even tell it's there cruising at 70 mph. Sort of whish it was a touch louder at times, but is also nice to not have to hear it ALL the time but you certainly know it's there when you step on it. 

• Like 1

I have had 4 or 5 Borla systems in my day and none of them have had any drone.  Same with with 6.2/10 speed.  There is a difference between exhaust sound and a drone that resonates throughout the cab.  If you want less sound inside the cab than the Borla Touring offers your only choice is stock.

-Eli

• Like 1

I have had 4 or 5 Borla systems in my day and none of them have had any drone.  Same with with 6.2/10 speed.  There is a difference between exhaust sound and a drone that resonates throughout the cab.  If you want less sound inside the cab than the Borla Touring offers your only choice is stock.

-Eli

The sound level is good. The issue is the low frequency reverberation at low RPM when under load.

21 hours ago, bamorris2 said:

Wondering if anyone else with the GMPE (Borla Touring) has drone around 70mph. It happens when the engine is under load, in top gear. Like when you tip into the throttle to speed up a bit, but not enough to downshift.

I installed it myself and tightened every fastener to spec with a torque wrench. I suppose it would be a good idea for me to double check tightness again.

I also tried the Range AFM/DFM device but it made no difference at all.

I had the GMPE on my K2 and it droned around the same speed. I did the muffler delete on my RST 6.2 and there's a drone around 75mph. I have Corsa Sports on my Corvette which are the best in the business for no drone and there's drone around 75-80mph. Once you get to those speeds, drone is difficult to eliminate with any aftermarket system. 

Drone is notoriously subjective. Sure, there are some instances where the drone is EASY to hear (because it's unbearable). 

I also have the GMPE on my 5.3L. I noticed this slight drone with it around the same speeds as you, OP, under the same circumstances. 

I'm not sure if it settled down after 1000 miles, or I just got used to it? I don't really hear it any more, though. 

This was also my first performance exhaust, so I needed to get used to the exhaust noise itself at lower RPM at cruise. 

I came from Flowmaster on my 2015 5.3, went to the Borla S Type on my 2020 AT4 5.3 with the 10 speed. By comparison, barely any drone whatsoever with Borla relative to Flowmaster.

Running a Corsa Sport on my 2007 H2 6.0. It has zero drone relative to the Borla S Type. Drone really is relative and will be much more apparent if you are accustomed to running stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

In my couple weeks with the Borla Touring (GMPE equivalent) I haven't heard any drone. Only thing I've noticed is that when coming slowing to a stop at about 11-16 MPH I get a downshift that I can hear quite prominently through the exhaust. Usually its accompanied by a tiny squeal/chirp too which I find kind of annoying.