HUD stopped working

5 hours ago, BDSW said:

new 2021 2500HD sierra Denali 

less then 600 miles - anyone else having this issue and what should I do - tested all fuses and ran everything in manual - still not working (worked fine until 2 days ago)?

Have to ask...Did you check the settings and switches (brightness, etc.)?

Brightness setting (on the HUD adjustment switches, not the dash brightness) was my first guess too.

If that's not it, on a 600 mile vehicle, my next guess would be a connector to completely snapped together.

image.png.07f24a42b264d6b89fbcfc09c2ead7e3.png

Presumable you're gonna take it in.

Curious to hear what it turns out to be.

Edited by redwngr

I’m not trying to be a dick but I did the same thing when I bought mine. I couldn’t get it to work because I was holding the brightness button to turn it up instead of repeatedly pressing the button. Felt pretty dumb after that one. I’m sure you’ve tried but thought I would share. Hopefully you are smarter than me?. And hope the dealer fixes it for ya. 

20 hours ago, Pastusak.t said:

I’m not trying to be a dick but I did the same thing when I bought mine. I couldn’t get it to work because I was holding the brightness button to turn it up instead of repeatedly pressing the button. Felt pretty dumb after that one. I’m sure you’ve tried but thought I would share. Hopefully you are smarter than me?. And hope the dealer fixes it for ya. 

That's contrary to the OM instructions....

Pull and hold to brighten the display.

Press and hold to dim the display. Continue to hold to turn the display off.

The HUD image will automatically dim and brighten to compensate for outside lighting.
Use +/- to adjust as needed.

The HUD image can temporarily light up depending on the angle and position of sunlight on the HUD display. This is normal.

Polarized sunglasses could make the HUD image harder to see. 

17 minutes ago, redwngr said:

That's contrary to the OM instructions....

Pull and hold to brighten the display.

Press and hold to dim the display. Continue to hold to turn the display off.

The HUD image will automatically dim and brighten to compensate for outside lighting.
Use +/- to adjust as needed.

The HUD image can temporarily light up depending on the angle and position of sunlight on the HUD display. This is normal.

Polarized sunglasses could make the HUD image harder to see. 

??‍♂️ I must be one dumb piece of ****** then. ?

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2021 at 5:12 PM, Pastusak.t said:

??‍♂️ I must be one dumb piece of ****** then. ?

LOL I did the same thing once, I was like damn my HUD broke  and drove around a cpl days with no HUD. I was all mad that my new truck was already having  a major issue till I realized I had turned it all they way down lol. 

I've noticed if its set too dim and I'm wearing polarized glasses, its pretty much invisible.  Even if its turned full bright, polarized sun glasses filter most of it out.

Edited by CRApex

5 hours ago, CRApex said:

I've noticed if its set too dim and I'm wearing polarized glasses, its pretty much invisible.  Even if its turned full bright, polarized sun glasses filter most of it out.

Same here.

Interesting. When I wear my polarized sunglasses I have lots of brightness left to use. I usually keep mine on the dimmer side, but it’s easy enough to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have more than one pair of polarized sunglasses?

Try another pair.

The HUD works as a reflection off the windshield so most good polarized lenses should significantly dim the display.

A good test is take the glasses off and hold them in front of your eyes and rotate them. The HUD image should get brighter and darker. If the image stays the same the sunglasses lenses aren’t really polarized.

Sorry OP, I don’t have an answer for your question but hope you have it sorted out by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro