Apple CarPlay skipping/cutting out?

Got a 21 AT4 a few Months ago and the apple car play constantly skips like a scratched CD while listening to music. I’ve tried everything I can think of. Anyone experience this and figure it out?

Mine does the same thing. It's also been in the dealer for 3 weeks now after they blew out the master cylinder installing the Brembo Front Brake Upgrade. There seems to be a problem on GM's end with the programming. Anyway, I've been in 2 different rentals, a Buick Encore and GMC Acadia and both skip like crazy either while streaming music or while on a call. 

13 hours ago, RedRumAT4 said:

Mine does the same thing. It's also been in the dealer for 3 weeks now after they blew out the master cylinder installing the Brembo Front Brake Upgrade. There seems to be a problem on GM's end with the programming. Anyway, I've been in 2 different rentals, a Buick Encore and GMC Acadia and both skip like crazy either while streaming music or while on a call. 

That’s real handy. I’ve tried even plugging the phone in and still can’t get it resolved. I just want to listen to music!

I have a 2019 Silverado and I use Apple Car Play quite a lot on long drives.  I have noticed that after about playing for 2-3 hours it will produce static that is corrected by unplugging the phone and re-plugging it in.  I have never figured it out.  I use the original apple cord and it has happened on both the USB and the USB-C ports, same phone and different phone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my 2021 AT4 and I have the same issue.  I am also having another issue with the infotainment system that apparently is fixed in TSB #20-NA-221 maybe it will address this issue along with the issue of the APPS application not working.

2 hours ago, Jeff Brandt said:

Just picked up my 2021 AT4 and I have the same issue.  I am also having another issue with the infotainment system that apparently is fixed in TSB #20-NA-221 maybe it will address this issue along with the issue of the APPS application not working.

What’s the other issue you’re having? The skipping is killing me. I dread bringing it to the dealer as I know it’s gonna be a headache. 

I am having the exact issue that is explained in TSB# 20-NA-2231, you can find it in this forum.  The problem with these new vehicles is there is some much technology I feel that mechanics just can't keep up or understand everything that goes on, and especially when everything is software managed.  This is by no means any disrespect for the mechanics out there, it is just that software developers sit in their own world, a perfect world, and when the software gets rolled out things change.  I just wish there was a way to contact the manufactures directly to share these issues with so that they can get the issues directly from the users.  Enough ranting I hope that this TSB fixes the current issue fo the apps not loading but I hope there is more in the fix that corrects this skipping issue as well.

• Like 1

V153 which was prematurely announced but as of last night is still not available should fix this. The update above is just calibrations to fix the back end connection; V153 should be available shortly. 

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 2

I was getting this in my 21 SLT. Then read on a forum that having an Apple Watch or some other sort of smart watch could be the cause. I disconnected the Bluetooth on my Garmin smart watch and it hasn’t happened again. So I’m guessing that it’s somehow related to the phone/bluetooth 

23 hours ago, edktm said:

Just picked up a 21 Trailboss and wouldnt you know.. skipping after connecting phone.. Thx for the tread

Hoping to find a sure fix on this at some point so I don’t have to goto the dealer 100 times.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:43 PM, GTPprix said:

V153 which was prematurely announced but as of last night is still not available should fix this. The update above is just calibrations to fix the back end connection; V153 should be available shortly. 

Is this something that Downloads somehow or does the dealer have to do it ?