Just had the dealer change the oil, filters, rotate tires couple weeks ago and notice a spot on the driveway. I thought it might have been a work truck from Plumbers coming over working on some main line issues. But yesterday noticed more spots and just looked underneath. Here is what I found.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's a CPO truck I bought last May and already this. My first pickup truck too. Taking it to the dealership tomorrow at 10am. Told them they better have another truck for me to get around to work.

Edited by NotoriousGT350

2 hours ago, NotoriousGT350 said:

Just had the dealer change the oil, filters, rotate tires couple weeks ago and notice a spot on the driveway. I thought it might have been a work truck from Plumbers coming over working on some main line issues. But yesterday noticed more spots and just looked underneath. Here is what I found.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's a CPO truck I bought last May and already this. My first pickup truck too. Taking it to the dealership tomorrow at 10am. Told them they better have another truck for me to get around to work.

Oil filter leaking?

3 hours ago, NotoriousGT350 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

They could just have been really sloppy when they changed the oil.

They may just be lazy and are trying to work around the skid plates, making a big mess as they go.

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

When my oil cooler lines went bye-bye, it was dripping off that same skid plate up front. Really no good reason for oil to be that far forward from an oil change.

It was my oil cooler line they found out. Ordering the part and I should have the truck back in the shop on Tuesday. Service advisor said he's seen a few of those happen already.

Edited by NotoriousGT350

what is it with GM and Leaking oil cooler lines. I have a 2004 Express 3500 HD 6.0 V8.  I have had oil cooler lines leak several times on it. This last time the  SHOP Had some made at a local hydraulic  repair shop  that works on heavy construction equipment.. 

Grrrrrrrr . 

• Thanks 1

It’s happened a lot on these new trucks, sometimes catastrophically. 

Dealer tried to make me wait a week before they could look at it. I convinced them to take it the same day over concerns that it would get worse. Wasn’t going to be driving around a time bomb for a week. Although maybe I should have just let the engine go and handed GM the huge bill. ?

19 hours ago, EricTheRed said:

Is there an aftermarket oil cooler line kit available?

hydraulic repair shop. One that work on  high pressure equipment , repair construction equipment can custom make them. It cost me  1,400.00 for my 2004 express 3500hd van . I do not know the name of the shop my mechanic used . But i  do know they have not leaked . I Cant have one tiny drip as i park in customers driveways. its a GIANT NO NO  and very unprofessional 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but my 3500 with the 6.6 gas engine is in getting the oil cooler line replaced because it was leaking. Haven't been able to find any info online about this being a problem on the HD's.                                                    

• Thanks 1