2021 Silverado - Tangier Orange

Looking for a unique color, just spotted this Trail Boss at local dealer (no affiliation)

Engine: 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine with DFM
Transmission: Automatic
Trim: LT Trail Boss
Color:Special Exterior Color

Installed Options

• Leather Package $760.00
  • Bed Protection Package $685.00
  • Dark Essentials Package $305.00
  • Power sunroof $995.00
  • Performance Upgrade Package $2,275.00
  • Convenience Package II $1,300.00
  • Integrated trailer brake controller $275.00
  • Paints, solid, Tangier Orange $450.00

26249148064x640.jpg

Edited by elcamino

I looked into these special paint colors, they do come direct from the factory, but I couldn’t understand why some had the weirdly painted front fenders either.

Couple guys on her ordered their trucks in the “shock” highlighter yellow. Definitely a stand out color.

Are the corner trim pieces plastic? 

If so, it's likely because  the body may be painted before they are attached, and the trim supplier only produces in the 'main' colours, and not in the SEO colours. 

There are currently abut 20 SEO colours listed for the 1500 Silverado.

(a bunch of them are not available on reg cab)

1 hour ago, lapoolboy said:

?

Front-end isn't even painted correctly making me think it's an aftermarket paint job.  Either way - eww.  Looks like it's for a road construction crew.

Nope, its all Chevrolet. 

From the order guide

Paints, solid, Tangier Orange
All normally body colored non-sheet metal parts will be black including front fender extensions, cab spoiler on Double & Crew cabs and LT trim door handles. May require extended lead time.

Edited by elcamino

It’s definitely a unique color?!?  The thing I do not like is the front fender painted black. Should just have it all orange. 
I will say this, there are days that I long for a unique color of a vehicle because EVERYONE has a black truck “kinda” like mine. Now I know I customize it/ personalize it but from a distance many look the same. 

It's a hole in the sheet metal that lets sun in. We get enough of that through the windshield and windows down here. I would pay extra not to have one.

GM is having issues sealing the vertical glass on the rear windshield. No way I would trust a sunroof.

That dealership should pull the front fender pieces and paint match them. Other than that I like it. GM offers such boring colors for most of their lineup. Between that, wanting to be all electric, and ruining classic nameplates like Blazer, I'm starting to lose my patience with them. 

2 hours ago, Enough said:

GM is having issues sealing the vertical glass on the rear windshield. No way I would trust a sunroof.

Apples to carrots..... To each their own (especially with this color) but I've had sunroofs on every vehicle outside of my Trans Ams with T-Tops.  No issues with the sunroofs, but you want to talk about leaks ?.  Get a T-Top car 

Edited by Rob Mugs