Camaro

dieselfan1

Number 3 in horsepower again.

Number 3 in sales again.

Why doesn't Chevy put the 755 hp LT4 in it and sell it for around $75,000. I don't think they could build them fast enough.

Also have you ever seen a Camaro in a tv commercial?

I saw a Vette in a commercial recently but it's just a woman driving down the road. They say zero about it.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Think Camaro is just waiting to die at this point.

Started going downhill when they did that bizarre 2019 only front end refresh:

C0703A2C-CF4E-4379-8E3B-5AF81B091CF9.thumb.jpeg.d131c0439a297391211be2d7c84931fa.jpeg

Then shortly after, there was talk it’s gonna be done after 2023 anyway. 

Obviously I love the SS, but the turbo 4 / 6mt combo is actually pretty good too. Reasonably quick, good on gas, cheap. Somewhat crummy visibility is the only thing not making that a perfectly reasonable DD.

• Like 1

My second car was a 74 barracuda. Yea visibility was challenging. It was a cool car. No aids like today. Just payed attention to my driving. Come to think of it my wife’s 94 Camaro had visibility issues. She never hit anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love mine people are missing out.

6c10ae495d8fc9689299f1daa2a241ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For sure .
I was in the market for a C6 Vette a few years back and never pulled the trigger. Set my sights on a Gen 5 instead. More bang for the buck same motor practically. One of these days I will get one. It would just be a car for Sunday cruising around lay down a few burnouts and park it for a week or two so it's not on the top of my list.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 8:43 AM, OnTheReel said:

Think Camaro is just waiting to die at this point.

Started going downhill when they did that bizarre 2019 only front end refresh:

C0703A2C-CF4E-4379-8E3B-5AF81B091CF9.thumb.jpeg.d131c0439a297391211be2d7c84931fa.jpeg

Then shortly after, there was talk it’s gonna be done after 2023 anyway. 

Obviously I love the SS, but the turbo 4 / 6mt combo is actually pretty good too. Reasonably quick, good on gas, cheap. Somewhat crummy visibility is the only thing not making that a perfectly reasonable DD.

Yeah. Not a big fan of that frontend.  

I’ve been around awhile. Had my share of the lettered, numbered performance vehicles. The unending quest for Horsepower driving up the cost. Is a waste on the street. I’ll take a reasonable horsepower street car with no extras any day. The closest today is the challenger. Last time I was considering. If the V-8 doesn’t matter the list gets bigger. I would love a Biscayne type vehicle. As lone as I can see out the front. I can keep track of what’s way back there. A close ratio stick and a high gear so I can shift 3 times to 60 would fill the bill. I may just have to do it myself, again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

2018 was the last year for the good looking front end.  The base Camaro is a weak nut car, plain and simple, but the SS is fast and readily modifiable with heads that can outflow most aftermarket manufactures from prior generations.  The LT/LS architecture is superb for enhancing performance and is without a doubt the most often swapped engine into other manufacturers vehicles.  The ZL1 is a phenominal platform that is stupid fast on the street and even more so on the track with the addition of the 1LE package.  Honestly, I think the car got to small, cramped, and the ergonomics of the vehicle simply diminished to the point where most people weren't comfortable driving it, especially when you give up so much visibility and user friendliness for a weak performer with the base engine.  Now that they dropped the 1LE package from the bottom engine trims, there is nothing performance oriented about the base models at all and you give up to many creature comforts to spend that kinda money on a non performing car.  Again, the SS and the ZL1 are WAAAAAAY worth it, but their biggest seller in that lineup will never be the higher performance models and their low end models give up too much to be a value..

2018 was the last year for the good looking front end.  The base Camaro is a weak nut car, plain and simple, but the SS is fast and readily modifiable with heads that can outflow most aftermarket manufactures from prior generations.  The LT/LS architecture is superb for enhancing performance and is without a doubt the most often swapped engine into other manufacturers vehicles.  The ZL1 is a phenominal platform that is stupid fast on the street and even more so on the track with the addition of the 1LE package.  Honestly, I think the car got to small, cramped, and the ergonomics of the vehicle simply diminished to the point where most people weren't comfortable driving it, especially when you give up so much visibility and user friendliness for a weak performer with the base engine.  Now that they dropped the 1LE package from the bottom engine trims, there is nothing performance oriented about the base models at all and you give up to many creature comforts to spend that kinda money on a non performing car.  Again, the SS and the ZL1 are WAAAAAAY worth it, but their biggest seller in that lineup will never be the higher performance models and their low end models give up too much to be a value..

I am 100X more comfortable in my 6th gen over the 5th (I’m 6’3 210lbs too)

I agree with the front end comment [emoji16]

376e5201e995c747b614c8b742f357c2.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

I am 100X more comfortable in my 6th gen over the 5th (I’m 6’3 210lbs too)

I agree with the front end comment emoji16.png

376e5201e995c747b614c8b742f357c2.jpg

I wish, Im 6'7" and 280 lbs.  I fit fine in my 4th Gen with t-tops though :).  I went looking for a camaro in 2017/18 and I just couldnt fit in them, knees were in the dash, but I wanted one REAL BAD.  The Chevy SS was next on the list.  Your Camaro is beautiful, love the color.