Kicker - Which one!?

I have an 8" screen/Bose so pretty sure that's an IOS?

I was about to pull the plug on  part# 19417164 described as:

2020 SILVERADO 1500 AUDIO UPGRADE, KICKER® POWERED 10" SUBWOOFER KIT, CREW CAB & EXTENDED CAB

Now I see there are a total of 3.  2 of which are nearly twice the price.  So, what is the difference?  The onboard versus external amp?  Anyone compared these or is this simply for different models?

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/next-gen-silverado-1500/electronics-c-26_5146_5157_5336.html

Thanks in advance!

From what I’m reading you’re paying the extra money for the AMP. And if you have BOSE. The Bose system has a built in amp. I know when I added an Alpine touch screen to my SS Trailblazer I needed an extra adapter piece to piggy back off the BOSE amp other wise it would have blown it/fried it. BOSE is very touchy system.  Sucked because it cost another $100 just for it. 
Read all 3 and also you can give Them your vin number for clarification. 
Good luck 

2 hours ago, Rob Mugs said:

I have an 8" screen/Bose so pretty sure that's an IOS?

I was about to pull the plug on  part# 19417164 described as:

2020 SILVERADO 1500 AUDIO UPGRADE, KICKER® POWERED 10" SUBWOOFER KIT, CREW CAB & EXTENDED CAB

Now I see there are a total of 3.  2 of which are nearly twice the price.  So, what is the difference?  The onboard versus external amp?  Anyone compared these or is this simply for different models?

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/next-gen-silverado-1500/electronics-c-26_5146_5157_5336.html

Thanks in advance!

Chevrolet - Kicker Audio Upgrade Product Summary.pdf (vehicleaccessorycenter.com)

19417164 is for all radio options so IOR, IOS and IOT.  Its just the sub, no amp.

19417165 is for IOR radio.  This is a sub and amp kit.

19417166 is for IOS radio.  This is a sub and amp kit.  

If your LT Trail Boss has the sliding rear window, you should have the IOS radio as both of those are part of the Convenience II package.  If you don't have the slider, you have IOR radio.  

Edited by newdude

1 hour ago, newdude said:

Chevrolet - Kicker Audio Upgrade Product Summary.pdf (vehicleaccessorycenter.com)

19417164 is for all radio options so IOR, IOS and IOT.  Its just the sub, no amp.

19417165 is for IOR radio.  This is a sub and amp kit.

19417166 is for IOS radio.  This is a sub and amp kit.  

If your LT Trail Boss has the sliding rear window, you should have the IOS radio as both of those are part of the Convenience II package.  If you don't have the slider, you have IOR radio.  

OK, so they all have an amp by that PDF.  The 165 and 166 have an additional "DSP" amp.

3 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

The Bose system has a built in amp. I know when I added an Alpine touch screen to my SS Trailblazer I needed an extra adapter piece to piggy back off the BOSE amp other wise it would have blown it/fried it. BOSE is very touchy system.  Sucked because it cost another $100 just for it. 
Read all 3 and also you can give Them your vin number for clarification. 

EDIT:  Seems that both have an amp.  The non-Bose has 2 amps (per the PDF above).  I wish GM would have gone with someone.. pretty much anyone.. instead of Bose

Edited by Rob Mugs

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 5:33 PM, Thomas Huskey said:

Hope I’m not too late.  I’m looking at buying one for my 2020 Trail Boss Non-Bose.  What is the second amp for??  I’ve read 100 websites and still can’t tell.  Thanks.

It gives you, in a roundabout way, a 5 band equalizer for your speakers and allows you to adjust the amount of bass for the sub. You can also save your changes as presets. I have installed it in my 2020 Trail Boss Custom as well. You have to download Kickers app to be able to connect to the second amp. Personally if I was able to rebuy it, I would just buy the sub instead. I’m not knowledgeable enough to play around with the equalizer to tune it correctly. Here are a couple of pics of the app and what you are able to do with the second amp. The app only connects to the second amp via Bluetooth, not the first amp which is built in the enclosure of the sub. 

44387CE3-019D-46D1-84CB-2EC360042D35.png

30359BCF-FBB0-424F-B323-D929AF35EF79.jpeg

From Kicker setup to JL Audio Stealthbox that is a major price hike but if you have the wallet for it...Go for it! I've heard mixed feelings about the Kicker setup being the sound is just a bit better and not worth the price. If you got the tools and time I would custom build a box and get an amp to match, that's what I did and sounds good, cost half the price of the Kicker system.