Updated Accelerator Pedal?

Hey guys, hope you're doing well!

Posting this today to get some feedback that will hopefully sway my decision as to whether or not to buy the updated accelerator pedal for the K2s (part #23362231). 

I've been having a very strange issue with the truck as of late, especially on the highway. If I press on the pedal and get up to speed, say between 70 or 80, and I let go, it is an absolute nightmare trying to maintain speed. I feel like I have to press all the way down just to get it to stay up to speed on the highway, which results in just an overall uncomfortable driving experience. I initially was under the impression that this was somehow linked to the transmission/AFM and had the tranny reprogrammed a while ago, but now I feel like I was completely wrong on that hunch and completely overlooked this problem.

Having been doing a decent amount of commuting as of late, I did in fact notice that the accelerator pedal is a little stiff in my truck, or maybe the infamous flex is that bad? Drove my father's 2017 Sierra and it's so much easier to drive. There's a couple of threads that kind of talk about this problem, and it seems a lot of 14'/15' guys have done this swap and had great results, but I kind of was just hoping for more insight because there really isn't that much information on this topic.

***To sum it up (since I ramble), I feel like it takes way too much force to the accelerator pedal just to maintain speed.

Hopefully my problem makes sense, I can take a video if necessary. Just hoping there are some owners on here who have had great success with this, I can get the updated accelerator for about $25 on Amazon. There must be SOMETHING different if GM updated this part, lol.

Thanks so much for reading, very curious to see the response. 🙂

Edited by OffTheAir

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Me too! I've heard this swap makes a perfect pedal better

:lurk:

Let it roll guys

Yeah I don't know, haha. I know it sounds a little crazy.
Just stumped at this part of the troubleshooting phase right now, this never occurred in the five years I've had the truck so it's just strange to me. 🤔

Appreciate your reply. 🙂

Seriously. I would like to know how this pedal thing pans out. I'm still running the stock brake vacuum pump that is suppose to be a piece of junk without issues now for 135,000 miles. I said if it makes it to the 150K warranty without failure, I'll replace it out of pocket. :crackup: This is educational for me. No kidding! 

25 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Seriously. I would like to know how this pedal thing pans out. I'm still running the stock brake vacuum pump that is suppose to be a piece of junk without issues now for 135,000 miles. I said if it makes it to the 150K warranty without failure, I'll replace it out of pocket. :crackup: This is educational for me. No kidding! 

I mean, if it makes my concern seem any less silly I also have the stock vacuum pump at 100k+ problem free... :D

terminator 2 ok GIF

Edited by OffTheAir

7 hours ago, OffTheAir said:

I mean, if it makes my concern seem any less silly I also have the stock vacuum pump at 100k+ problem free... :D

terminator 2 ok GIF

Love the Terminator Reference. Your concern is certainly not silly and I didn't mean to imply it was. My apologies.

This new pedal was GM's response to a real issue. My interest in this tread is the data and experiences of those who updated and the results of that update. 

• Thanks 1

For the people who have pedal problems. Try driving with the cruise control. I find myself driving more that way in most instances. Especially on the highway. The only vehicle I had to help get up to speed was my Camry. The rest are decent. Helps with the fuel mileage. With the rapid rise in gas prices, anything that helps.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/10/2021 at 5:50 PM, OffTheAir said:

Hey guys, hope you're doing well!

Posting this today to get some feedback that will hopefully sway my decision as to whether or not to buy the updated accelerator pedal for the K2s (part #23362231). 

I've been having a very strange issue with the truck as of late, especially on the highway. If I press on the pedal and get up to speed, say between 70 or 80, and I let go, it is an absolute nightmare trying to maintain speed. I feel like I have to press all the way down just to get it to stay up to speed on the highway, which results in just an overall uncomfortable driving experience. I initially was under the impression that this was somehow linked to the transmission/AFM and had the tranny reprogrammed a while ago, but now I feel like I was completely wrong on that hunch and completely overlooked this problem.

Having been doing a decent amount of commuting as of late, I did in fact notice that the accelerator pedal is a little stiff in my truck, or maybe the infamous flex is that bad? Drove my father's 2017 Sierra and it's so much easier to drive. There's a couple of threads that kind of talk about this problem, and it seems a lot of 14'/15' guys have done this swap and had great results, but I kind of was just hoping for more insight because there really isn't that much information on this topic.

***To sum it up (since I ramble), I feel like it takes way too much force to the accelerator pedal just to maintain speed.

Hopefully my problem makes sense, I can take a video if necessary. Just hoping there are some owners on here who have had great success with this, I can get the updated accelerator for about $25 on Amazon. There must be SOMETHING different if GM updated this part, lol.

Thanks so much for reading, very curious to see the response. 🙂

This one has at least 3 different posts about the "dead gas pedal" in the K2's.

image.thumb.png.83ab823ae5bb0fb434d6dd0d0d458fa4.png

I wonder if this pedal replacement would fix the issue I recently posted on...I still have yet to figure it out.

Edit:

I went ahead and bought it. Should be here tomorrow. Mines a 2017 with the 209 based pedal. Im a few revisions back.

Edited by Charles P.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Charles P. said:

I wonder if this pedal replacement would fix the issue I recently posted on...I still have yet to figure it out.

Edit:

I went ahead and bought it. Should be here tomorrow. Mines a 2017 with the 209 based pedal. Im a few revisions back.

Your going to let us know, right? 😉 

On 3/13/2021 at 5:53 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

Your going to let us know, right? 😉 

Heres my update:

Pedal- Feels better, when I am driving, I can let go of the accelerator and it doesnt feel like the throttle body doesnt IMMEDIATELY slam shut.

Overall, nice change. Did not fix my issue though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1